Who do you think is the most memorable movie character ever and why?

glitterbag

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2015 10:54 pm
@Charlie Concord,
I've confused myself, Museum scene in which film?
0 Replies

alinal

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2015 06:09 am
@Charlie Concord,
Personally, for me - is Leo DiCaprio as Jack in Titanic.
This character was so simple, so honest with the pure heart and so selfless. He wanted to help Rose so desperately and he did. He saved her in all ways.
And it doesn't matter how many times I watch it - the end is always so sad when he dies. It's unfair, I think Smile.
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2015 06:34 am
Did anybody but me see Christian Bale in The Machinist? It wasn't a big box office hit, but once you see him in it, you can't forget it.
Ragman

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2015 06:34 am
@FBM,
forget what?
FBM

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2015 06:41 am
@Ragman,
That thing. Y'know. The whazzit thingy there...
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2015 08:09 am
Has anyone mentioned E.T.?
http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/mugen/images/8/87/Et.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20111225175126

He's pretty memorable.
0 Replies

Jaqen

Reply Sun 7 Jun, 2015 05:30 am
Igor (Marty Feldman) from Young Frankenstein!

0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 7 Jun, 2015 06:05 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

Every character in 'Its a Mad Mad Mad Mad World', it was chock full of great actors and entertainers, I laugh every time I see it. Another old movie that is even funnier today than when it was made in the 60's, 'Dr. Strangelove: or how I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb'.

Another film made in the 60s, chock full of talent and just as funny today is The Wrong Box

Ragman

Reply Sun 7 Jun, 2015 06:57 am
I didn't check back but has anyone mentioned Travis Bickle in 'Taxi Driver'.
"You talkin' to ME?":
Ragman

Reply Sun 7 Jun, 2015 07:08 am
In the 1967 movie, 'Cool Hand Luke', actor Strother Martin as Captain
speaking to Paul Newman's character:
"What we got hee-ah is Failure to Co-moon-cate!"
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 7 Jun, 2015 07:18 am
@Ragman,
I recently watched Taxi Driver with my daughter, prior to viewing she was under the impression it was a Rom Com. She still hasn't told me at exactly what point she realised it wasn't.
Ragman

Reply Sun 7 Jun, 2015 07:21 am
@izzythepush,
hahaha. Very good!

What a movie! Sadly, this was a movie that presented a certain sort of view about urban violence in America ...in a sense, raising consciousness. Sadly, it somehow may have triggered a deranged loner Hinckley, who had an obsessive fixation on Jodie Foster. He was the one that attempted to assassinate Prez Reagan.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 7 Jun, 2015 07:34 am
@Ragman,
Did it though? Was Catcher In The Rye responsible for the death of John Lennon? I have my doubts, I think those nutters would have done it anyway, and were just looking to blame someone else.
Ragman

Reply Sun 7 Jun, 2015 07:41 am
@izzythepush,
Izzy: I can see that I've created a misinterpretation of what I meant to write. Perhaps I should have rewritten what I wrote? Understand that I meant no such thing (attributing blame to the movie).

All the movie did was showcase a very young female character in a disturbing role played by actor Jodie Foster. Whether or not this was the first time Hinckley saw her is not something I would know for certain. How the distorted, dysfunctional mind of this man took his cue is not something to the viewer to speculate on.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 7 Jun, 2015 08:51 am
The father, in Virgin Spring.
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Sun 7 Jun, 2015 09:06 am
Godzilla.

AKA: Go-ji-ra!
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 7 Jun, 2015 09:12 am
@FBM,
Saw in the news the other day, Japan made Godzilla citizen.
FBM

Reply Sun 7 Jun, 2015 09:19 am
@edgarblythe,
Yeah, I saw that, too. 'Bout time. Equal rights for Mothra, I say!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 14 Jun, 2015 11:32 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

He's so young in that picture, he doesn't even look like Clint Eastwood.

After Rawhide he guested on Maverick.
0 Replies

Paaskynen

Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2015 07:33 am
@Charlie Concord,
For me it is Death in The Seventh Seal. It comforted me as a child to see that death, while inescapable, held no malice.