blatham

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2004 11:10 am
gel

Hilarious!
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2004 11:49 am
Verbal lee wrote:
Why do you want him to quit that, McGentrix? It is an improvement over his readable posts.
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2004 12:07 pm
The US should have learned at least two things from its Vietnam War.

First, one does not terminate TMM by trying to control them. One terminates TMM by killing them.

Second, one does not kill TMM by delegating the job to someone else. One kills TMM by killing them oneself.

So it is with the TMM in Afganistan and Iraq. They shall be terminated only by killing them ourselves.
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2004 12:40 pm
I've never driven a Swift Boat against TMM. In fact, the fastest and most complicated boat I've driven competently was a water skier tow boat in a lake full of others like me. Nonetheless, I dare say that all competent Swift Boat pilots, including John Kerry, deserve our unreserved admiration, respect, and appreciation.

I've never flown a Fighter Jet against TMM. In fact, the fastest and most complicated jet I've flown competently is a Learjet in a sky full of others like me. Nonetheless, I dare say that all our competent Fighter Jet pilots, including George Bush, deserve our unreserved admiration, respect, and appreciation.

Despite my unreserved admiration, respect, and appreciation for both kinds of competent pilot experience, I do not think competent pilot experience of either kind qualifies someone to be President of the United States of America.

I think it is competent performance as an elected Senator, Governor, or President that qualifies someone to be President of the United States of America. When one is presented two candidates, then one should elect the most competent, or, not elect the least competent.

Of the two strongest candidates for President of the USA, I think George Bush is the most competent, and John Kerry is the least competent.
0 Replies

Gelisgesti

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2004 01:54 pm
blatham, well then how bout some more ........
"The Republicans are now accusing John Kerry of using rich friends to help him get into Vietnam." --David Letterman
http://www.allhatnocattle.net/bush_wrongway.jpg
0 Replies

Gelisgesti

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2004 01:59 pm
ican711nm wrote:
I've never driven a Swift Boat against TMM. In fact, the fastest and most complicated boat I've driven competently was a water skier tow boat in a lake full of others like me. Nonetheless, I dare say that all competent Swift Boat pilots, including John Kerry, deserve our unreserved admiration, respect, and appreciation.

I've never flown a Fighter Jet against TMM. In fact, the fastest and most complicated jet I've flown competently is a Learjet in a sky full of others like me. Nonetheless, I dare say that all our competent Fighter Jet pilots, including George Bush, deserve our unreserved admiration, respect, and appreciation.

Despite my unreserved admiration, respect, and appreciation for both kinds of competent pilot experience, I do not think competent pilot experience of either kind qualifies someone to be President of the United States of America.

I think it is competent performance as an elected Senator, Governor, or President that qualifies someone to be President of the United States of America. When one is presented two candidates, then one should elect the most competent, or, not elect the least competent.

Of the two strongest candidates for President of the USA, I think George Bush is the most competent, and John Kerry is the least competent.

Where do the pilots that took out the twin towerd fit in?
0 Replies

Kara

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2004 02:41 pm
Speaking of Captain Wrongway Peachfuzz (Thanks, Ge... Laughing ) I read again recently this quote from G.H.W. Bush's book:

In his published memoirs, A World Transformed, written five years ago, George H.W. Bush wrote the following to explain why he didn't go after Saddam Hussein at the end of the Gulf War (1991):

"Trying to eliminate Saddam [...] would have incurred incalculable human and political costs. Apprehending him was probably impossible. [...] We would have been forced to occupy Baghdad and, in effect, rule Iraq. [...] There was no viable 'exit strategy' we could see, violating another of our principles. Furthermore, we had been consciously trying to set a pattern for handling aggression in the post-Cold War world. Going in and occupying Iraq, thus unilaterally exceeding the United Nations' mandate, would have destroyed the precedent of international response to aggression that we hoped to establish. Had we gone the invasion route, the United States could conceivably still be an occupying power in a bitterly hostile land."
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2004 03:12 pm
Gelisgesti wrote:
Where do the pilots that took out the twin towerd fit in?
Shocked The same place all TMM fit in. In your toilet with the rest of human waste.

[TMM =
TERRORIST MURDERERS AND/OR MAIMERS]
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2004 03:55 pm
Kara wrote:
... George H.W. Bush wrote the following to explain why he didn't go after Saddam Hussein at the end of the Gulf War (1991):

"Trying to eliminate Saddam [...] would have incurred incalculable human and political costs. Apprehending him was probably impossible. [...] We would have been forced to occupy Baghdad and, in effect, rule Iraq. [...] There was no viable 'exit strategy' we could see, violating another of our principles. Furthermore, we had been consciously trying to set a pattern for handling aggression in the post-Cold War world. Going in and occupying Iraq, thus unilaterally exceeding the United Nations' mandate, would have destroyed the precedent of international response to aggression that we hoped to establish. Had we gone the invasion route, the United States could conceivably still be an occupying power in a bitterly hostile land."

Let's parse and score this! [emphasis added].

1. "Trying to eliminate Saddam [...] would have incurred incalculable human and political costs.

That part was cheap! GHWB = 0; GWB = 1.

2. Apprehending him was probably impossible. [...]

So much for impossible! GHWB = 0; GWB = 2.

3. We would have been forced to occupy Baghdad and, in effect, rule Iraq. [...]

He got that right! So did GWB. GHWB = 1; GWB = 3.

4. There was no viable 'exit strategy' we could see, violating another of our principles.

He got that right too! He couldn't see it then. However, there is a viable exit strategy we can see now: kill all the TMM! GHWB = 2; GWB = 4.

5. Furthermore, we had been consciously trying to set a pattern for handling aggression in the post-Cold War world.

An effective pattern has not yet been set. GHWB = 2; GWB = 4.

6. Going in and occupying Iraq, thus unilaterally exceeding the United Nations' mandate, would have destroyed the precedent of international response to aggression that we hoped to establish.

Clearly postponed, but not yet destroyed By the way, one can't destroy a precedent not yet set or hoped to be set. GHWB = 2; GWB = 4.

7. Had we gone the invasion route, the United States could conceivably still be an occupying power in a bitterly hostile land."

Still? Perhaps! 2003 - 1991 = 12 years; 12 + 2003 = 2015; 2015 - 2004.5 = 10.5 years to go. To soon to tell! GHWB = 2; GWB = 4.
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2004 04:08 pm
Gelisgesti wrote:
blatham, well then how bout some more ........
"The Republicans are now accusing John Kerry of using rich friends to help him get into Vietnam." --David Letterman
O
0 Replies

Gelisgesti

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2004 04:57 pm
http://www.democraticunderground.com/bob/02/55_cheney.jpg

Definitely not funny .... scary as hell but definitely not funny.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2004 05:38 pm
Some people!...............really.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2004 07:16 pm
The situation in Iraq, if we believe what seems to be the consensus of the worldwide media, continues to degrade towards chaos. Rice appears on TV this morning glistening with hope for the January elections, she is followed by six hours of reports of the insurgents gaining ground on every field, one reporter even asking if the opposing forces might retake Bagdad in the coming days.

This was and is a vanity war......more than a thousand dead for nothing.

Joe
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2004 07:32 pm
for worse than nothing, Joe
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2004 07:48 pm
... and it's more than a thousand dead as well.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 06:52 am
With no end in sight.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 07:24 am
No end in sight? Sure there is. National elections in January, a continued buildup of trained, armed Iraqis in the National Guard, and an exodus of the US Armed Forces.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 07:28 am
McGentrix wrote:
No end in sight? Sure there is. National elections in January, a continued buildup of trained, armed Iraqis in the National Guard, and an exodus of the US Armed Forces.

Laughing exodus ?

exodus : a journey by a large group to escape from a hostile environment

"hostile environment" ?? I thought you "liberated" the people ??!!??
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 07:30 am
seems as though, if all goes well, we can get back to where we started some 18 months ago. Well perhaps with fewer people but that's a good thing, right?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 07:30 am
Where do you get your definitions? a hostile environment has nothing to do with an exodus, it is merely a mass departure.
0 Replies