THE US, THE UN AND THE IRAQIS THEMSELVES, V. 7.0

ican711nm

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2005 07:09 pm
revel wrote:
This is an old story with more sources than I can name. I am sure at the time questions were asked and context was gauged.

Propaganda, both false and true, is often repeated endlessly. Such repetition does not contribute to credibility.

Please name two more sources.

Who asked what questions and guaged what context?
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2005 07:18 pm
revel wrote:
Do you all think Abbas said those words or not? If you do think he said those words then you all think he is a liar, that is the bottom line.

I don't know if Abbas said those words.

If I assume Abbas said those words, I still don't know whether or not Abbas believes them.

If I assume Abbas believes those words, I don't know whether what Abbas said is true or not.

If I assume what Abbas said is true, then I am very surprised that what Abbas said Bush said is actually what Bush said.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2005 07:35 pm
Geli writes
Quote:
So I take it from your reply that you think Abbas would intentionaly lie about Bush's statement? If you read the source you would have to notice the quotation marks ..... to what end would Abbas lie ... is it that he is jewish? Is that why you don't trust him? Are you saying that you are anti Semitic? A bigot? Is that what you are trying to tell me?

Geli I have watched speeches on C-span and then read the way the speech was portrayed in the newspaper or on the evening news that same day or the next day, and frequently you would swear the reporter was reporting on a completely different event than the one I watched. I am saying that if Bush made that quote at all, which I very seriously doubt, I would have to see it in context and within the framework of the conservation to believe he meant anywhere near the meaning as you have portrayed it.

As to your ad hominen attack questions, I will just ignore those for now other than to say, do you have a clue who Abbas is?
0 Replies

Gelisgesti

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2005 07:50 pm
WOW .... if you want a real rush try reading two Ican post's and a Fox post one right after another .... whoa!!!! something akin to a sit&spin for adults Smile
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2005 07:55 pm
Does that mean you won't answer my question Geli?
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2005 07:57 pm
Gelisgesti wrote:
WOW .... if you want a real rush try reading two Ican post's and a Fox post one right after another .... whoa!!!! something akin to a sit&spin for adults Smile

Happy to oblige! Laughing
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2005 08:02 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
Does that mean you won't answer my question Geli?
Foxfyre, I bet that means he doesn't understand your question!

Well, Geli, am I write or wrong? Do you understand Foxfyre's question? "Do you have a clue who Abbas is?"
0 Replies

Gelisgesti

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2005 08:09 pm
Mercy mercy....please have mercy..... I'm gonna ralph
0 Replies

revel

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2005 08:22 pm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahmoud_Abbas

I think this has run it's course.
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2005 08:35 pm
revel wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahmoud_Abbas

I think this has run it's course.

Damn! I was looking to grant Geli a plea bargain in exchange for his confession. Mad
0 Replies

Gelisgesti

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2005 08:47 pm
OK, I confess .... he's the guy on the left ... I have no idea who the nerd on the right is Crying or Very sad

klikme

MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2005 08:48 pm
old europe, how's your research on Zarqawi's role in al Qaeda prior to our invasion of Iraq coming along?
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2005 09:22 pm
I think some would find it interesting to research Abbas' role in the PLO prior to his new kinder and gentler title and image.
0 Replies

Gelisgesti

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2005 09:42 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
I think some would find it interesting to research Abbas' role in the PLO prior to his new kinder and gentler title and image.

How do you think I found the quote ...
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2005 11:03 pm
Uh huh, so that's why you quasi accused me of hating Jews? Right.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2005 06:23 am
Ican, if you read my post properly you would understand I was being ironic.

Foxfyre's account of the conversation with her congresswoman amounted to an admission that the war was not for American oil, but it was to curb Saddam's designs over the world's oil, which I suggest is absurd.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2005 06:54 am
Just as absurd as you taking one factor in a very complicated issue and stating that was my 'admission, Steve? But evenso, why is the concept of Saddam's intent absurd? The first Gulf War was precisely to curb Saddam's designs over the world's oil. Do you think he had given up on expansionist plans despite his rhetoric to the contrary?
0 Replies

Gelisgesti

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2005 07:00 am
Quote:
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2005 07:14 am
No, I didn't mean your "admission" I meant your congresswoman who appeared to say it had something to do with oil but not oil for America. That's what I found absurd.

Again it comes back to the primary motive for invading Iraq. Saddam most certainly did pose a threat. The idea that he would be allowed to develop intermediate range missiles and nuclear weapons with which he could threaten Israel and oil supplies from the entire region (and the new oil from the Caspian) was reason enough to get rid of him.

It was never the wmd Saddam had, it was the weapons he could develop given time. But Iraq's real danger was from what it had (oil as an economic weapon) where it was (slap bang in the middle of the other oil producing countries) and what it might develop (i.e missiles to threaten its neighbours), all of which boils down to a threat to one little three letter word...
0 Replies

revel

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2005 07:17 am
Wouldnlt that be something if Blair announced a withdrawal. The only thing which could top that would be Bush doing to the same.

I don't hold my breath. I imagine that some troops will come home and some will be left in the name of helping to secure Iraqi's from insurgents indefinitely.
0 Replies