THE US, THE UN AND THE IRAQIS THEMSELVES, V. 7.0

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2005 11:42 am
Few, I would expect.

But the deaths of Iraqi civilians don't matter anyways, and American troop deaths hardly matter either to the war hawks. It's all worth it if the 'objective' is accomplished.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2005 11:50 am
old europe wrote:
Well, splendid, Tico. How many people were shot to realize the project?

None that I know of. Why do you ask?
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2005 11:51 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Quote:
Nobody will remember all the complaints they had about the construction workers who are there everyday making us slow down because of their presence.

To compare this with the deaths of innocents, dozens of thousands of them, if not more, is sick. Sick.

Cycloptichorn

Okay, but remember you're the one doing the comparing. I'm talking about a road project in my city ... at worst I'm off-topic, but you appear to believe you're a sicko.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2005 11:53 am
Yeah, whatever. You were making a direct comparison to the conversation and you know it.

Cut the childish crap out, you're better than that Tico...

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2005 11:53 am
Who is Lord Browne?

BP's Chief Executive Lord Browne is
(UK's best businessman)
"[BP's Lord Browne is] dubbed the UK's best businessman..."

And what does he say?

"Nothing has actually changed. There is plenty of oil not to be worried about it for the reasons people are worried at the present."

But what does he do?

He buys up oil stocks, 'cos BP finds it easier to buy than to find.

"But if others in the industry are better placed (than Shell) it is because they bought reserves when oil was cheap- BP's relative abundance has as much to do with writing cheques as with drilling wells".

So what does Lord Browne really think?

"......this is a man who rarely reveals his inner thoughts......"

That's disappointing, perhaps we will never know. But hang on BP is not a one man show, what do some of his employees think?

'There are people in BP who happen to be economists and so happen to think there's no problem, and there are people in BP who are geologists who are saying it's getting hard to find.'...

Good heavens! BP saying one thing and doing another.

So what does Government think of all this?

"The US and British governments officially deny that oil is a factor in the looming war with Iraq, but some ministers and officials in Whitehall say privately that oil is more important in the calculation than weapons of mass destruction...."

All quotes from the Times The Business and the Guardian.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2005 11:57 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Yeah, whatever. You were making a direct comparison to the conversation and you know it.

Cut the childish crap out, you're better than that Tico...

Cycloptichorn

You seem to say ... "you're better than that Tico .." a lot, Cyclops.

Hmm. Perhaps I'm not?

Then again, to suggest I'm comparing a road project in my city with the death of thousands is itself childish crap that ought to be cut out.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2005 11:59 am
Perhaps you shouldn't post your random, meaningless musings about a completely off-topic subject in the thread if you don't want to be accused of making comparisons (which, by the way, we both know you were) between Fox's statement that 'noone remembers the motives at the end' pertaining to Iraq, and your road project in your town, then.

Grow up

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2005 12:03 pm
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
Are the Iraqi people better off now than under Saddam?

Yes

Quote:
Is daily life better?

Yes

Quote:
Can they move about freely at night?

Yes

Quote:
Do they feel safe?

Yes

Quote:
The majority of Iraqis are pleased to see the back of Saddam, but for most, their lives have not been made better by our invasion. I thought there was some sense in the argument that the motives were good but its turned out bad, you however seem to be saying the motives were bad but by accident its turned out good. This is the logic of the mad house.

I'd like to know where you get your disinformation.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2005 12:04 pm
Where do you get yours, McG?

Quote:

Do they feel safe?

Yes

I suppose you went over and asked them...

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2005 12:08 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
old europe wrote:

Because I'm interested in how roadbuilding projects are done in the heartland, of course.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2005 12:11 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Perhaps you shouldn't post your random, meaningless musings about a completely off-topic subject in the thread if you don't want to be accused of making comparisons (which, by the way, we both know you were) between Fox's statement that 'noone remembers the motives at the end' pertaining to Iraq, and your road project in your town, then.

Grow up

Cycloptichorn

Perhaps it wasn't a random musing at all ... perhaps the idea that "noone remembers the motives at the end" got me to thinking that nobody remembers the complaining they did during the intervening phase -- such as a long road construction project -- if the end result is worth it. No one except constantly negative and cynical liberal complainers, that is, who are endless founts of negativity and complaining, rarely have a plan to resolve problems, but are quick to criticize those that do.

When you grow up, perhaps you'll become more conservative in your views. Until then, see every glass as half-empty, and enjoy yourself.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2005 12:12 pm
old europe wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
old europe wrote:

Because I'm interested in how roadbuilding projects are done in the heartland, of course.

Oh, okay. Well, they're relatively safe as far as I know.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2005 12:13 pm
Now, that is what I was waiting for. Your explanation of your comment.

Your comparison of the complaining done during a road project to the situation in Iraq is sick. It discounts the very real value of human life, which has been lost in Iraq in large numbers. You reveal yourself through this comment, Tico.

Now that you have admitted your moral failings, I'm done derailing the thread.

Cheers

Cyclopichorn
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2005 12:22 pm
You fail to realize the value Saddam placed on the human life during his reign -- or lack thereof -- nor will you apparently consider placing any blame for the violence in Iraq on the insurgency. You have shown time and time again your empathy for the insurgency in Iraq, so it really is not surprising that you would not place blame on them for any continuing violence. You choose to blame the US, which is your right ... but it reveals a lot about you.

I'll not listen to a lecture on moral failings by one who will not support the United States troops and believes he is a patriot for wanting the US to lose in Iraq .... one who would suggest it is okay to kill innocent babies but not convicted murdererers on death row .. . You straighten out your moral compass, then you can lecture me on "moral failings."
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2005 12:26 pm
I think you have your priorities skewed Cyc. Think of all the death that happened prior to the US liberation of Iraq.

All in all, more lives will have been saved by the actions of the coalition than had they not acted at all.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2005 12:26 pm
*This post does not exist. Please ignore it.*
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2005 12:28 pm
*stupid dial up*
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2005 12:35 pm
Quote:
I think you have your priorities skewed Cyc. Think of all the death that happened prior to the US liberation of Iraq.

All in all, more lives will have been saved by the actions of the coalition than had they not acted at all.

Bullsh*t. I accept that you hold this opinion, but you have little proof that this is true and I believe there is a large body of evidence that shows it is false.

Of course, you will claim that any report showing the mass numbers of civilian casualties in Iraq AFTER we invaded is a lie, so what's the point of posting them?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2005 12:45 pm
The mass graves that continue to be found and exhumed. The continued effects of the UN Sanctions. Saddam trying to stop any internal strife. The daily abuse from his children.

The only report I have claimed to be untrue was the one claimig 100,000 innocent iraqi deaths. I trust the Iraq Body Count numbers though. They seem to be accurate.
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2005 12:50 pm
McG, if you do trust the body count numbers, don't you find it extremely worrying that since the invasion, depending on the count, 17,000 to 20,000 civilians have died?
0 Replies