THE US, THE UN AND THE IRAQIS THEMSELVES, V. 7.0

dyslexia

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 06:40 pm
can someone, anyone give a quote from her that the US intended to kill her? yes I mean an actual quote that is not speculation of her or anyone else's part. you know a statement like "the US intended to kill me" rather than "there is the possibility that the US wanted me dead"
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 07:56 pm
dyslexia wrote:
can someone, anyone give a quote from her that the US intended to kill her? yes I mean an actual quote that is not speculation of her or anyone else's part. you know a statement like "the US intended to kill me" rather than "there is the possibility that the US wanted me dead"

Was it not her captors (so she says) who told her the Americans did not want her to make it out alive? Was it not her who supplied this slanderous lie to her radical left wing readers of when she was trying to cross a war zone of which she had not been properly embedded?

Does she not know who the enemy is? I don't think she realizes who it is that kidnaps and beheads their victims in Iraq. This should be a lesson to all communists who try to meddle in Iraq with Terrorists. These terrorists have no honor or virtue whatsoever. They are not just slightly twisted like the communists but they are screwed up all the way.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 07:59 pm
and her quote is?
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 08:00 pm
And I thought we were kind of discussing the 'facts'....

Civilians were shot by US soldiers. I don't think it was on purpose. I think it 'just happens' on an every-day-basis.

That's all. I don't need any conspiracy theories.
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 08:01 pm
RexRed wrote:
This should be a lesson to all communists who try to meddle in Iraq with Terrorists.

So pathetic, RR, so pathetic.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 08:04 pm
old europe wrote:
And I thought we were kind of discussing the 'facts'....

Civilians were shot by US soldiers. I don't think it was on purpose. I think it 'just happens' on an every-day-basis.

That's all. I don't need any conspiracy theories.

Every day, huh?
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 08:05 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Every day, huh?

Sorry, McG. How about "once in a while" or "every now and then"?

Better?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 08:16 pm
old europe wrote:
RexRed wrote:
This should be a lesson to all communists who try to meddle in Iraq with Terrorists.

I am only referring to what I heard she wrote in her paper when asked if she would go back to Iraq. She said the terrorists were worse than she had thought they would be. I guess she thought she could reason with them.
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 08:21 pm
RexRed wrote:
old europe wrote:
RexRed wrote:

I am only referring to what I heard she wrote in her paper when asked if she would go back to Iraq. She said the terrorists were worse than she had thought they would be. I guess she thought she could reason with them.

"What you heard she wrote"? How about reading it before commenting on it?
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 08:25 pm
dyslexia wrote:
and her quote is?

What she said is pretty close to 'the US tried to kill me', if you take 'they try to stop it any way possible' to mean up to and including killing her....and it seems that's what she implied IMO.

Quote:
Miss Sgrena, a reporter for the Communist daily Il Manifesto, charged yesterday that U.S. forces might have deliberately targeted her because Washington opposes Italy's policy of dealing with kidnappers.
"The United States doesn't approve of this [ransom] policy and so they try to stop it in any way possible," the veteran war reporter, 57, told Sky Italia TV.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 08:29 pm
key word "MIGHT" she didn't say that they "DID"
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 08:29 pm
I see we have already gone from defending the US soldiers who shot a civilian to attacking the eyewitness...
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 08:32 pm
dyslexia wrote:
key word "MIGHT" she didn't say that they "DID"

That's why I said 'implied'...and she implied the hell out of that one. Laughing
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 08:39 pm
don't we all?
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 08:40 pm
And implied is all that is necessary for the anti-American press to take the bit and run with it.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 08:41 pm
It's interesting to see who has taken the implied and run with it here.
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 08:42 pm
Maybe in the States, Fox....
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 08:46 pm
German press says this:

News 08.03.2005 00:00 UTC

Italy buries agent killed by US troops

Quote:
In Rome, thousands of Italians have attended a state funeral for an intelligence agent who was killed by US troops in Iraq last Friday. Nicola Calipari was shot dead when US forces fired at the car he was travelling in. He was bringing the Italian journalist Giuliana Sgrena to Baghdad airport when he was killed. Sgrena, whose release Calipari had helped negotiate, was injured in the shooting. Among those who attended his funeral were Italian President Carlo Azeglio Ciampi and Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi. US officials have rejected Sgrena's suggestion that US forces deliberately attacked them. US President George W. Bush has announced a full investigation.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 08:46 pm
If you look, you see this kind of stuff everywhere:

Freed Italian Reporter Says US Forces Tried to Kill Her

ROME, March 6, 2005 (IslamOnline.net & News Agencies) - Freed Italian reporter Giuliana Sgrena said US occupation forces in Iraq deliberately tried to kill her because Washington opposed negotiations with her kidnappers.

"Everyone knows that the Americans don't want hostages to be freed by negotiations, and for that reason, I don't see why I should rule out that I was their target," Sgrena told Sky Italia news channel on Sunday, March 6, reported Agence France Presse (AFP).
http://islam-online.net/English/News/2005-03/06/article04.shtml
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 08:51 pm
The headline at Islam-online is certainly different from the quote. Maybe there's something else written in invisible ink behind the quote.
0 Replies