THE US, THE UN AND THE IRAQIS THEMSELVES, V. 7.0

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 01:02 pm
Just like the "investigations" into the abuse in our prisons at Gitmo and abu Garaib. They are SO dependable.
0 Replies

Gelisgesti

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 01:04 pm
Brand X wrote:
Gelisgesti wrote:
Brand X wrote:
georgeob1 wrote:
I believe the position of the U.S. government is that the italians paid a ransom to get the return of their reporter - something to which we would not have agreed - and arranged for the release without any coordination with the U.S. No surprise in these circumstances that a speeding vhecile travelling at night after the curfew was fired on as it approcached a U.S. checkpoint.

Exactly, they took a gamble based on emotion which had an unfortunate ending.

A gamble? Could you elaborate?

A secret Italian rescue operation being executed in a known war zone, suicide car bombs going off daily, the whole area saturated with armed US Military and these idiots are demanding an explanation for why our troops fired on a vehicle speeding towards them and failing to heed the numerous warnings?

Italy must have thought they were going to trump us, show how their "diplomacy" worked better than our "brute force and aggressive ways". Their minds were already leaping ahead to the parties and media celebration. God forbid they'd let any brutish American troops get in the limelight. The blood of that agent is on the terrorist's hands, not ours. The very same terrorists Italy's people want to run and hide from.

Call me thick but .... who won?
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 01:06 pm
"failing to heed the numerous warnings"

What numerous warnings? There were none.

"Their minds were already leaping ahead to the parties and media celebration."

Was that before or after they were shot?
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 01:07 pm
Gelisgesti wrote:
Brand X wrote:
Gelisgesti wrote:
Brand X wrote:
georgeob1 wrote:
I believe the position of the U.S. government is that the italians paid a ransom to get the return of their reporter - something to which we would not have agreed - and arranged for the release without any coordination with the U.S. No surprise in these circumstances that a speeding vhecile travelling at night after the curfew was fired on as it approcached a U.S. checkpoint.

Exactly, they took a gamble based on emotion which had an unfortunate ending.

A gamble? Could you elaborate?

A secret Italian rescue operation being executed in a known war zone, suicide car bombs going off daily, the whole area saturated with armed US Military and these idiots are demanding an explanation for why our troops fired on a vehicle speeding towards them and failing to heed the numerous warnings?

Italy must have thought they were going to trump us, show how their "diplomacy" worked better than our "brute force and aggressive ways". Their minds were already leaping ahead to the parties and media celebration. God forbid they'd let any brutish American troops get in the limelight. The blood of that agent is on the terrorist's hands, not ours. The very same terrorists Italy's people want to run and hide from.

Call me thick but .... who won?

Good point, the terrorists did.
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 01:07 pm
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
...So I ask again, if it was not a tragic mistake or accident, then what was it?

In other words, if it wasn't what it was, then what was it?
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 01:10 pm
ican711nm wrote:
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
...So I ask again, if it was not a tragic mistake or accident, then what was it?

In other words, if it wasn't what it was, then what was it?

yes keep going ican, you'll get there
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 01:11 pm
Brand X wrote:
The blood of that agent is on the terrorist's hands, not ours.

Matthew 27, 24:

Brand X wrote:
The very same terrorists Italy's people want to run and hide from.

At first the Spanish, no the Italian - how is this called, mediaterrany dystonia?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 01:19 pm
Revel:
Quote:
I do but I am not sure if by saying so I do you any favors.

? I agree with much of what you write, consistently; sharing of irony with you is a favor, I don't care what anyone else thinks Smile

X:
Quote:

Bull sh*t. My god, that someone could even say such a thing. Even if it was a mistake, at least we should take credit for making the mistake.

It's never our fault with you people, is it. Never.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 01:21 pm
Cyclop, Taking ownership for anything negative is very difficult indeed.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 01:24 pm
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:

I didn't realize you were there.

Quote:
"Their minds were already leaping ahead to the parties and media celebration."

Was that before or after they were shot?

Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 01:26 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
X:
Quote:

Bull sh*t. My god, that someone could even say such a thing. Even if it was a mistake, at least we should take credit for making the mistake.

Cycloptichorn

Cyclops, have you ever blamed a terrorist in your life? Any time the insurgency blows up a car, killing innocent women and children, you demand we explore the mind of the insurgent.

Of course it's the goddamn terrorist's fault in the first instance! You will be quick to assign blame to the United States, but that is keeping in character for you. You have done that consistently ... so is nothing new for you. Never consider the part the terrorist/insurgents had to play in this scenario. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 01:29 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Revel:
Quote:
I do but I am not sure if by saying so I do you any favors.

? I agree with much of what you write, consistently; sharing of irony with you is a favor, I don't care what anyone else thinks Smile

X:
Quote:

Cycloptichorn

Read this and tell me who made the mistake, our soldiers or the people n the vehicle who did not heed the warnings.

Quote:
The U.S. military said "at approximately 8:55 p.m. tonight, coalition forces assigned to the multinational force Iraq fired on a vehicle that was approaching a coalition checkpoint in Baghdad at a high rate of speed."

A U.S. patrol "attempted to warn the driver to stop by hand and arm signals, flashing white lights, and firing warning shots in front of the car," the military said in a statement. "When the driver didn't stop, the soldiers shot into the engine block which stopped the vehicle, killing one and wounding two others."

Source
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 01:30 pm
Quote:
Cyclops, have you ever blamed a terrorist in your life? Any time the insurgency blows up a car, killing innocent women and children, you demand we explore the mind of the insurgent.

Of course it's the goddamn terrorist's fault in the first instance! You will be quick to assign blame to the United States, but that is keeping in character for you. You have done that consistently ... so is nothing new for you. Never consider the part the terrorist/insurgents had to play in this scenario.

What an idiotic couple of paragraphs.

When the terrorists kill people, it's their fault. When we kill people, it's our fault. The desire to know the mind of the terrorist is a desire to figure out how to beat them, ya maroon. Know thy enemy; becuase the tactics we're using of 'demonize thy enemy' sure don't seem to be working well. Sheesh.

If some crooks here in America had kidnapped someone; and the Secret Service had liberated them from the kidnappers; and on the way out, there was confusion at a police checkpoint and the SS agent was shot, whose fault would it be that he was shot? The kidnappers? Please!

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 01:32 pm
Quote:

The U.S. military said "at approximately 8:55 p.m. tonight, coalition forces assigned to the multinational force Iraq fired on a vehicle that was approaching a coalition checkpoint in Baghdad at a high rate of speed."

A U.S. patrol "attempted to warn the driver to stop by hand and arm signals, flashing white lights, and firing warning shots in front of the car," the military said in a statement. "When the driver didn't stop, the soldiers shot into the engine block which stopped the vehicle, killing one and wounding two others."

The US Govt/military lies with each breath that it exhales. Haven't you figured that out yet?

We'll never know what the truth is in this case; the situation is completely controlled by those who have no inclination to find out the truth whatsoever. Having an 'internal military investigation' is meaningless, as they'll just find out that the 'truth' is whatever they want it to be.

How many times do you people have to be lied to before you wise up?!?!?!?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 01:42 pm
Cyclo,

Do you have ANY factual basis for your rather broad and wide-ranging assertions?

The U.S. policy has consistently been to pay no bribes or ransom to terrorists.

Our government has asserted that it had no knowledge if the Italian rescue operation.

The soldiers at the checkpoing complied with the orders which they were assigned, orders which were well-known to the Italian authorities. The operational conditions they have been facing have amply demonstrated the wisdom of these orders.
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 01:44 pm
Ticomaya wrote:

Of course it's the goddamn terrorist's fault in the first instance!

On the other hand: remember the concept of blood revenge? If somebody of your family gets killed, you are entitled to kill one of them?

I mean: who started killing innocent women and children....?

AND I think it's important to understand the other side. Understand the enemy, if you want to.

That includes the language.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 01:48 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:

I didn't realize you were there.

Fair comment.

Forgot to add...."according to eyewitnesses"
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 01:49 pm
Quote:
Cyclo,

Do you have ANY factual basis for your rather broad and wide-ranging assertions?

The U.S. policy has consistently been to pay no bribes or ransom to terrorists.

Our government has asserted that it had no knowledge if the Italian rescue operation.

The soldiers at the checkpoing complied with the orders which they were assigned, orders which were well-known to the Italian authorities. The operational conditions they have been facing have amply demonstrated the wisdom of these orders.

I have no more facts in this situation than you do; yet you assume that certain things are facts, such as this:

Quote:

You don't know what their orders were. You don't know what happened exactly. You don't even know if there was a checkpoint at all. The only word you have to go off of is the US military; and you trust them implicitly?

Why? The history of military lies, falsifications, and cover-ups goes back for pretty much the entire history of our military. For some reason, you now believe they aren't capable of such things?

Again, how many times do you people have to be lied to before you wise up?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 01:50 pm
georgeob1 wrote:

The Italian side says otherwise.

And, as far as I know, the shots weren't fired from the checkpoint, but from a patrol.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 01:56 pm
As I posted before: the Italians are liars.
0 Replies