THE US, THE UN AND THE IRAQIS THEMSELVES, V. 7.0

RexRed

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2005 03:54 pm
http://jurist.law.pitt.edu/paperchase/2005/02/un-peacekeepers-accused-of-rape-during.php

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20050223/wl_nm/haiti_un_dc_2
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2005 03:55 pm
http://www.themercury.co.za/index.php?fSectionId=284&fArticleId=2091119
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2005 04:00 pm
Well, I could give you some dozen more reports from some hundred papers, but I still don't know how you got by that the connection to UN-forces in Iraq.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2005 04:01 pm
RR, Your second link doesn't work and your third link doesn't have anything on this topic - that I can see.
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2005 04:09 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
... As far as the rest of you ready to condemn them, well I expected no better I guess. I don't know why I am continually frustrated and disappointed over stuff like this.

Foxfyre, what has continually frustrated and disappointed me is that those who clearly and unambiguously criticize you (or me) for your (or my) thinking fail to disclose their own thinking in as unambiguous terms as you (or I) do. If either of us dares infer from such criticism that our critics probably think contrary to our thinking, they demand we supply evidence to support our inferences rather than simply stating what they do actually think.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2005 04:14 pm
I thought my earlier post was self-explanatory, but it seems it's unclear to some folks. Quote, "Fox, Your presumption of innocence of our soldiers will not fly; not today and surely not tomorrow. No military of any country is sqeaky clean of atrocities, and that includes the US."
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2005 04:16 pm
There was a feature story yesterday on Fox News Greg Palcot with two of the babies in his arms only months old. And they also introduced us to a fourteen year old mother with aids. These women have pictures and videos of their UN "peace keeper"rapists.
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2005 04:18 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Well, I could give you some dozen more reports from some hundred papers, but I still don't know how you got by that the connection to UN-forces in Iraq.
To the best of your knowledge are there any troops in Iraq under UN command? If so, whose country's troops are they? Also, whose country's troops in Africa that are allegedly under UN command are allegedly perpetrators of atrocities in Africa?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2005 04:24 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
I thought my earlier post was self-explanatory, but it seems it's unclear to some folks. Quote, "Fox, Your presumption of innocence of our soldiers will not fly; not today and surely not tomorrow. No military of any country is sqeaky clean of atrocities, and that includes the US."

true, but when the governing body of the UN is corrupt too that is a different story. Recent reports have verified rampant corruption in the UN's governing body. Top leadership are being removed left and right. With this corruption at the top levels do you think they really care about the misconduct of their troops?
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2005 04:25 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:

Your red colored statement does not answer my question. No one here is claiming anyones troops are squeaky clean.

One more time:
I infer from your post that you presume our soldiers are guilty. Exactly of what do you presume them guilty?

Foxfyre has repeatedly stated she presumes the soldiers are innocent of intentionally firing on the vehicle without adequate cause to do so.

Do you presume the soldiers are guilty of intentionally firing on the vehicle without adequate cause to do so?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2005 04:32 pm
You presume wrong. All I'm saying is that I'm not about to determine the guilt or innocence of those soldiers from 10,000 miles away. If you bother to go back and read my posts, you'll see it. Fox believes it's not possible. I, on the other hand, do not know. Quit your assumptions about what I mean, and get back to your yada yada yada. It's more fun that way.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2005 04:32 pm
ican711nm wrote:
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Well, I could give you some dozen more reports from some hundred papers, but I still don't know how you got by that the connection to UN-forces in Iraq. If so, whose country's troops are they?
To the best of your knowledge are there any troops in Iraq under UN command?

I really don't understand this question, especially, why it is posed towards me.

ican711nm wrote:
Also, whose country's troops in Africa that are allegedly under UN command are allegedly perpetrators of atrocities in Africa?

Are you examining me now? Why on earth should I answer this?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2005 04:33 pm
Walter, He thinks he's an attorney or somet'n. He's just a bad actor.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2005 04:35 pm
Okay, it has been interesting. Out here.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2005 04:38 pm
ican711nm wrote:
Also, whose country's troops in Africa that are allegedly under UN command are allegedly perpetrators of atrocities in Africa?

Comment:
I may be wrong but I think it was France that sent troops to Haiti... while we were needing them in Iraq. So they went down for a little nooky and loot in Africa rather then help liberate the middle east.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2005 04:44 pm
God, RR, you must be in our age group. "Nooky?" LOL
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2005 04:44 pm
a) there are some online maps available, which certainly could give some help,

b) online calendars would be an additional good thing.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2005 04:45 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
God, RR, you must be in our age group. "Nooky?" LOL

ROFL
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2005 04:46 pm
CI wrote
Quote:
You presume wrong. All I'm saying is that I'm not about to determine the guilt or innocence of those soldiers from 10,000 miles away. If you bother to go back and read my posts, you'll see it. Fox believes it's not possible. I, on the other hand, do not know.

And yet you tell me that my determination to believe the troops are innocent until I have reason to believe otherwise won't fly. And you further go on to say "Fox believes it's not possible" which only proves you haven't really read what has been said.

I am saying the very least we owe our troops is the presumption of innocence until there is reason to believe they are not. It's their necks stuck out there; their lives on the line; their life and limb at constant risk. How dare anybody automatically assume they acted improperly with no more to go on but anti-war foreigners taking to the streets to declare us guilty.
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2005 04:54 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
You presume wrong. All I'm saying is that I'm not about to determine the guilt or innocence of those soldiers from 10,000 miles away. If you bother to go back and read my posts, you'll see it. Fox believes it's not possible. I, on the other hand, do not know. Quit your assumptions about what I mean, and get back to your yada yada yada. It's more fun that way.

I have neither presumed or assumed "what you mean" on this topic. I have merely inferred from your posts what your thinking was. I am happy to learn from you that my inference is wrong.

I have carefully read Foxfyre's discourse with you and others on the vehicle shooting. I am pleased to have obtained from you now one of the five possible reasonable answers to a yes or know question: Yes; No; I don't know; Maybe Yes; or Maybe No. You have answered: "I, on the other hand, do not know." Thank you for your clear and unambiguous answer.

I feel obliged to you to reciprocate by responding to your request for resuming what I infer you allege is my "yada yada yada". Will this example in blue do?

Am I correct in inferring that you want the US to pull out of Iraq now?

Am I correct in inferring that you want the US to emulate the US's South Vietnam behavior, and desert the Iraqis people's quest for a democracy of their own design, and flee from Iraq now ?

Am I correct in inferring that you believe US desertion from Iraq is a necessary step toward solving the terrorist problem now ?

Are you one of those people who believes there should not be any cost to securing freedom, or, in other words, freedom should be free?

By The Way, are you one of those posting bad news articles and/or bad news cartoons in this forum who actually believes those articles are reliable descriptions of what is true?
0 Replies