Isn't this an invasion?

snood

Reply Fri 14 Feb, 2003 11:14 pm
Factor into this discussion the very likely probability that US Special Forces have already been waging this war while Bush is seeming to be making up his mind.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Fri 14 Feb, 2003 11:21 pm
Like rats leaving a sinking ship even the most conservative people I know are wanting him out of office.
0 Replies

mamajuana

Reply Fri 14 Feb, 2003 11:46 pm
Some interesting things are happening - I don't know if they're rats, but here where I am, news in the paper tonight was that three local repub politicians have switched parties. The repub party is angry - says they're opportunists, that they're looking to be on a winning side. I found that comment funny - I don't think the chairman of the repub party knows what he said. Two of the deserters are Hispanic, however, and each said they felt the repubs had done nothing for them, had promised and never delivered.

And I do know of 3 family members - republicans all - who are switching their votes. They hate the idea of being pushed into Iraq. But also, they feel that attention is being paid to nothing except this desire for war - and they connect it more with political aspirations than a just war. This is different from just a few months ago. And it's still not a war, no matter how much Bush says so. We are invading another country with a massive strike force. I think we should forget all the reasoning that's gone before - going to war has become the reason for the action.
0 Replies