Isn't this an invasion?

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 01:05 pm
au, You see, it is "heartless." I hope I don't become "heartless." c.i.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 01:11 pm
Walter:

In the eyes of God all men and women were created equal.

Very Happy
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 01:18 pm
c.i.
From the heartless one. Unless you do not know in a war the object is to kill, wound and destroy the assets of the enemy with the least amount of casualties sustained. Yes, I morn the loss of even one American boy. And that is why I fear the strike against Iraq.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 01:23 pm
It's man's nature to defend himself/herself when threatened. Those who don't, could die.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 01:27 pm
au, In a war that the US starts without the ethical justification for it that kills innocent Iraqis is wrong. If Saddam starts the war, and our military goes to "defend" our allies, that's a different scenario. There's a big difference between justified war and unjustified war. What GWBush and company is trying to do is wrong. c.i.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 01:40 pm
C.i.
The question of who starts the war and lose of American life are entirely two separate subjects. Once the war starts for whatever reason my hopes and prayers are with our troops not the Iraqi's And therefore my "heartless" statement stands.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 01:42 pm
When the terrorists flew the planes into the WTC, that was wrong.

When Islamic terrorists terrorize Israeli children and adults by blowing themselves up,that's wrong.

To not defend yourself against possible destruction by nuclear weapons, poisoned gas, etc.......that's wrong. Idea
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 01:58 pm
New Haven
Add one thing more. To side with the enemy in time of war. That's wrong !!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 02:01 pm
au, To conclude from my posts that I side with the enemy - is wrong. c.i.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 02:24 pm
To wage war "preemptively" is wrong. Or was the attack on Pearl Harbor justified?

To trump up reasons to start such a war is wrong.

To bribe, bully or threaten other nations into joining you in such a war is wrong.

To pretend that such a war can be waged surgically and precisely to minimize "collateral damage" -- i.e., the death of uncounted innocents-- is wrong.

To avoid combat yourself and then send other people's sons and daughters into harm's way for specious reasons is wrong.
0 Replies

mamajuana

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 03:37 pm
What war? That's my main question. It seems to me that the Bush people have fastened their teeth upon Saddam Hussein, while not talking about the Iraqis at all. So, if we go to war, what is it?

It is undeniable that there will be innocent and civilian casualties; there is no way out of that. But all Bush talk has carefully steered away from any mention about the Iraqis. All emphasis has been upon Hussein. So, when they talk about war, exactly what is meant? Doesn't it seem a little strange that we have about 125,000 troops, ships, airplanes, coast guard all massed over there, and there is no talk about an Iraqi army, about an Iraqi force armed and militant against us? It's all Saddam Hussein and WMD, and nothing will ever satify that Bush league that there may have been other and better ways of going about that.

This has been, so far, a PR war, and one in which we have not really won over people. Even those the Bush people claim as allies (except for GB) have been bought in some way or other. And here there is not the enthusiasm it was thought.

So when the battle begins, and we start having casualties, it won't matter much. Dead is dead. And au, there has not once been any mention of Iraqi forces, so, while I mourn in advance the loss of American lives, I mourn too the loss of the Iraqis, who really wanted no part of this, nor have they yet shown any desire for this.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 05:29 pm
c.i.
Of course not. All I am saying once we engage my only interest is the safety of the American service people. I am sure you know from my past posts that I am not in agreement with Bush's actions. However once the die is cast it matters little whether I agree or not.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 05:33 pm
au, The only difference between us is that I value all human life. It does not matter whether they are Americans or not. c.i.

I've said it before, and I'll repeat it here: I consider myself a citizen of the world as number one, and a citizen of the US as number two. c.i.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 05:33 pm
au, it does come election time!
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 06:36 pm
c.i.
For me the US with all it's warts is number 1. It is where the oppressed of the world have always and continue to run for refuge.
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2003 04:50 pm
Blacksmithn has got it right.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2003 05:22 pm
Yes Blacksmithin has got it right. However,once we are in it justly or unjustly we must support our nation and the our engaged forces.
Unlike c.i. I am a citizen of the US first, foremost and only.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2003 05:37 pm
To support your nation while it engages in an unjust war is, IMO, an immoral act. It's our DUTY as citizens in a democracy to speak out, to protest, if necessary to throw ourselves into the wheels of this vast military-industrial machine (to paraphrase Mario Savio), to prevent such a thing. Or our vaunted freedom is for naught and we are simply "good Germans" aiding in the crimes of our nation.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2003 05:40 pm
I support the troops, they are but the machines driven by the tyranny!
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2003 05:42 pm
blacksmithn
The time for that is before it starts. Not while we have our sons and daughters in the field and in harms way.
0 Replies