Madison bans discrimination against atheists, non-religious

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2015 04:31 am
@mesquite,
Quote:
I have no beef with it either. That does not make both propositions have equal probability. For some in the almost a certainty crowd, strong survival instincts could play a role. It is after all a short life on earth vs eternal life which is at stake.

I am not saying the probability is equal. I am saying you cannot determine what the probability is...and so you cannot tell if what you said earlier is correct. (" It is my opinion that the possibility that there exists a god which created the universe and which also takes an active interest in the affairs of individual humans is extremely remote.") I merely pointed out that it is not a conclusion that can be arrived at via logic, reason, or science. That's all I did.

Quote:

I like the way Carl Sagan gave perspective to our significance in this universe.

"We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people."
Carl Sagan

Sagan was wise enough to consider himself to be an agnostic...not an atheist.

Quote:
Cheap? . . .cowardly?. . .when did you become so thin skinned? No offense was intended Frank. I just thought it aptly portrayed the futility of my suggesting that you not make your favorite comments. By the way, did you know that neo has on more than one occasion accused me of being one of Frank's toadies?

I am not thin skinned...and I think your wording was poor. If my own wording of how poor I considered it...was itself poor...I apologize.

I do not consider you to be a toady of anyone, Mesquite. You are independent and speak your mind. Neo's sense of humor causes him to use my name often when he is trying to poke someone. Don't pay him much mind when it happens...he honestly seems to be making a joke that fails.
neologist

Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2015 11:29 am
@mesquite,
mesquite wrote:
.. . By the way, did you know that neo has on more than one occasion accused me of being one of Frank's toadies?
I don't remember that, skeeter. So, if I did, I surely didn't mean it.

Frank doesn't seem to have any need for toads.
mesquite

Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2015 01:02 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
I am not thin skinned...and I think your wording was poor. If my own wording of how poor I considered it...was itself poor...I apologize.
Well lookee here. . .a similar usage. Disclaimer: in no way am I comparing you to BillRM.
mesquite

Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2015 01:21 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:
I don't remember that, skeeter. So, if I did, I surely didn't mean it.[/quote] I think you meant it as humor as indicated by the smiley. Another here. Twisted Evil
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2015 01:48 pm
@mesquite,
mesquite wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:
Well lookee here. . .a similar usage. Disclaimer: in no way am I comparing you to BillRM.

Thank you for the disclaimer, Mesquite.

Please understand that when I wrote that...it was intended as an insult to Bill. Perhaps my using it that way is why I thought it was an insult intended toward me. But you've said it was not; I take your word for that; and my apology was sincere.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2015 01:51 pm
@mesquite,
Well, those were indirect references.
And that was Frank in his ban days. The days of scattacks.
0 Replies