revelette2

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2016 07:39 am
@ehBeth,
Quote:
Sanders did just that: He offered his support to Clinton in exchange for progressive changes to the Democratic platform and a tangible leftward shift in her program. If it weren’t for Sanders and his calls for free higher education, Clinton wouldn’t be talking about free community college; if it weren’t for his universal health care advocacy, she wouldn’t be pushing a public option in health care, a government-run coverage plan to compete with private insurers; if it weren’t for Bernie’s stringent opposition to the Trans-Pacific Partnership, she’d probably still be for it.

Apparently I've been missing a lot. I haven't heard her mention too much (if at all) about the public option. It is exactly what is needed in the current health care program in my opinion and I hope I hear a lot about it in the coming months if she wins.
ehBeth

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2016 10:17 am
@revelette2,
https://www.hillaryclinton.com/issues/health-care/

Quote:
As president, Hillary will:

Defend and expand the Affordable Care Act, which covers 20 million people. Hillary will stand up to Republican-led attacks on this landmark law—and build on its success to bring the promise of affordable health care to more people and make a “public option” possible. She will also support letting people over 55 years old buy into Medicare.

February 2016

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/02/hillary-clinton-health-care-bernie-sanders-219643

Quote:
Hillary Clinton wants to bring back the public option, offering a competing vision to Bernie Sanders’ support for a more progressive health care system.

Clinton's campaign has updated its website to note her continued support for the government-run health plan that was dropped from Obamacare during the law's drafting. The idea was popular among progressives who prefer a single-payer plan -- like the one Bernie Sanders is touting.

Clinton supported the public option in her 2008 presidential campaign, and during the drafting of the Affordable Care Act a year later, Congress debated allowing a government-run plan to compete with private insurers. However, the public option was eliminated from the legislation because of objections from moderate Senate Democrats who opposed a greater government role in providing health care.
revelette2

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2016 10:35 am
@ehBeth,
Thank you very much. I wish she had talked it about it more on campaign trail, but perhaps she has and I just haven't seen it. I seem to be missing a lot. Need to find better news sources. Lately I have just been reading what is in front of me. I really hope there is a big push to get the public option put back in the ACA, it is necessary.
ehBeth

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2016 10:37 am
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:
but perhaps she has and I just haven't seen it.

the reality is that Mr. Trump gets more coverage

American media has loved him for a long time
revelette2

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2016 10:39 am
@ehBeth,
True, he was talking about magnets, he is a media magnet and we Americans are dupes who can't seem to get enough of him, positive or negative, it is Trump all the time.
ehBeth

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2016 10:46 am
@revelette2,
I find I get more coverage of Mrs. Clinton on the European radio programs I hear overnight. It was the same thing during the primaries - the other Republican candidates got more coverage in Europe than they did in the US.

American media pretty much only covered Mr. Trump and Mr. Sanders during the primaries.
revelette2

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2016 12:22 pm
@ehBeth,
Oh, well, I don't really do radio programs unless they came up with a way to caption it I don't know about. Regardless, more about the public option needs to be known at some point.
Lash

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2016 12:56 pm
@revelette2,
Well, you won't.

You'll hear about war with Russia predicated by the no-fly zone Hillary promises in Syria; you'll hear about more tax cuts for corporations and Wall Street that you have to pay for; you'll hear about Clinton elite friends laughing at dinner parties about how stupid Americans were to trust her after seeing in black and white emails where we clearly saw her plans and her past behavior.
Krumple

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2016 01:10 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

Well, you won't.

You'll hear about war with Russia predicated by the no-fly zone Hillary promises in Syria; you'll hear about more tax cuts for corporations and Wall Street that you have to pay for; you'll hear about Clinton elite friends laughing at dinner parties about how stupid Americans were to trust her after seeing in black and white emails where we clearly saw her plans and her past behavior.

In 2032 a book will be released by retired FBI agent who participated in the clinton email investgation. He will state that efforts were made to play down clintons illegal actions and clear intentions to violate laws she was aware of. It was to prevent the wild card Trump from screwing up their hold on public knowledge of corrupt actions of the democratic party.

He will state if clinton had not been involved with the candidacy she would have faced time in jail. It saved her from facing clear crimes of intent.
ehBeth

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2016 02:04 pm
@revelette2,
Transcripts. Pretty much all public broadcasters internationally offer transcripts. Even monocle provides transcripts of many of their programs.
revelette2

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2016 02:59 pm
@ehBeth,
Thanks.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2016 03:03 pm
@Krumple,
how many trump advisors ya think will be indicted soon?
Krumple

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2016 03:08 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

how many trump advisors ya think will be indicted soon?

He has advisors? I thought he just stood infront of a mirror asking what he should do next.
roger

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2016 03:46 pm
@Krumple,
I don't think it's planned that far in advance
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2016 04:12 pm
@izzythepush,
devoid
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2016 09:57 pm
@ehBeth,
Try the BBC. I get a lot more balanced coverage from them.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2016 01:11 am
@RABEL222,
It's my main source of news too, but it would be living in the UK.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2016 03:23 pm
http://www.nationofchange.org/2016/10/23/progressives-case-hillary-clinton/

Progressives reject Establishment Hillary.

0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2016 03:57 pm
That long screed Lash posted a link to ends with the author urging progressives to vote Jill Stein or write-in Bernie Sanders.
This, he admonishes, will be the only way we the people get a true representative of our views.
That was preceded by a parroting of every 'Hillary is for the 1%' talking point.
These people would be entertaining if they weren't so batshit- convinced of their own purity and righteousness.

The alternative to throwing out the baby and bathwater together is what Liz Warren and Bernie Sanders are doing - trying to work with Hillary and push and pull her to achieve progressive ends.
farmerman

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2016 04:23 pm
@snood,
Quote:
These people would be entertaining if they weren't so batshit
cant hear that enough Laughing
0 Replies