RABEL222

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2015 06:38 pm
@ehBeth,
He is just too far to the left to be able to carry the majority of voters. H can carry about 25% of them at the polls but than isent enough. All that will do is negate the 25% of tea baggers. Even the center is more conservative then the average as the polls have shown. And before you all jump on me I want to point out that a conservative president will pack the Supreme Court so that we will really have to worry about our freedoms like the corporations are people with the right to vote with their dollars bull shyt.
Lash

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2015 06:56 pm
@RABEL222,
They say this every damn time. When the people throw Bernie up in the oval, the money **** is going to be straightened out. Corporations ALREADY buy votes. Obama is doing his dead level best to get his severance pay for pushing this TPP **** through. The horse is out of the barn. Stop worrying about the Court being packed. It's packed.

Let's burn it down and build a better one.

ehBeth

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2015 07:12 pm
@RABEL222,
If someone doesn't start pushing the Democrats to the left, your country is going to be in even more of a mess than it is now.

The whole damn place has been sliding right for decades and the result is pretty bad on an economic and social level.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2015 07:14 pm
@RABEL222,
I just can't buy that excuse, and it is an excuse.

Enough of us voted NDP in Canada that it's made it to the position of official opposition a couple of times and that has made a difference up here.
RABEL222

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2015 07:29 pm
@Lash,
It will be impossible with a republican president. I would elect Stalin over any one of the republicans running for office.
RABEL222

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2015 07:37 pm
@ehBeth,
No it isent. The Supreme Court has become so political that any more republicans on the court would be a disaster. They have changed some opinions that are so political that even they cant deny it. And several of them are wholy owned by the Koch brothers. Check it on google.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2015 07:43 pm
@RABEL222,
We'll have to agree to disagree.

I think it's absolutely giving up on America for people not to try to push the Democrats to the left.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2015 08:43 pm
@RABEL222,
Obama worsened many of Bush's policies. He's the Drone Master. He's no better.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2015 03:45 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

But, you're perpetuating it, Frank. Please vote for your preferred candidate.

I intend to, Lash. I will vote for Hillary if she is the candidate.

I cannot vote in primary elections because I am a registered Independent...but if I were a Democrat, I would vote for Hillary, because I want someone in office who is more likely to further a progressive agenda than not...and someone like Sanders simply CANNOT get elected in today's America.

My guess: If Sanders miraculously gets the Democratic nomination...he will lose every state, including the pure blues, like California and New York.

I will not aid the Republicans in getting the Oval Office in addition to both houses of congress by doing something I consider very wrong-headed.

But do what you think is best.
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2015 06:24 am
@Lash,
Hi, good to see you.

In a lot of ways, you are right about Obama, not completely but enough right that it makes no difference. Still, I still support him and think he has done a pretty job since the 2008 financial crises and job losses, not perfect, but fairly well.

It really looks like Hillary will be the democrat nominee though I will vote for O'Malley in the primary but Hillary in the general most likely.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2015 06:41 am
@RABEL222,
Rabel...apparently Beth is not able fully to comprehend the difference between our election of a president and the Canadian election of their parliament...or she is unwilling to acknowledge that the kind of thing done in Canada to further a far left agenda...would lead to a disaster here in America where the presidency is a winner-take-all proposition.

It would be delightful if the more left leaning constituencies in America were able to influence the election of a president the way left leaning constituencies in parliamentary countries like Canada are able to do...BUT we do not have a parliamentary system here. For the foreseeable future, the person getting a plurality of votes in a state will get the plurality of electoral votes (in most cases, EVERY electoral vote)...and it seems impossible for a far left candidate to win anything. (I doubt an extreme far right candidate will be able to do so either, and I would love Rick Santorum to be the Republican candidate.) (Or Michelle Bachmann, Ted Cruz, or Sarah Palin!)

Bernie Sanders' heart is in the right place...and I hope for the day when someone like Bernie can be a viable candidate. On that day I would vote for him in a New York second. But that day is not now...and dreaming that it is is a recipe for political disaster.

Every voter who supports a progressive agenda should keep that in mind.

Lash

Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2015 07:34 am
@revelette2,
Hey. I haven't heard a lot about O'Malley. What makes him stick out to you as a favorite?
Lash

Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2015 07:37 am
@Frank Apisa,
Btw, Bernie has already influenced shifts in Hillary's policies and behavior.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2015 07:40 am
@Lash,
Could be so...and I hope it is.

I love and admire the guy.

I just do not want the Republicans to win this next presidential election.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2015 07:41 am
Meanwhile, LOL, Trump pays for cheering crowd. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/donald-trump-campaign-offered-actors-803161
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2015 07:44 am
@Lash,
I don't know too much about him, but, I haven't been wild about Hillary for a while now so I searched for other democrats. From what I have read so far, he seems to be much more interested in the middle class and those who haven't benefited very much these last twelve years or so. I like Bernie Sanders but he just seems old school to me so to speak and perhaps I am not as left as I always thought I was.
Lash

Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2015 07:50 am
@revelette2,
Well, since you're willing to read up on O'Malley, please read up on Bernie too. There's nothing old school about him, but he may be too left for you. I think he's incredibly wise.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2015 07:54 am
Bernie and Elizabeth Warren are very similar in their ideas. A man like him would be the antidote to the crumbling integrity of the Democrats.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2015 08:04 am
Sanders and Warren both can be a very positive influence on the Democrats. They may provide the impetus to take the word "liberal" out of the gutter where it has been thrown for the last 40 years.

But if the Democrats want to lose the presidential election in 2016...then, and only then, should they nominate either of those people for either spot on the ticket.

With either on the ticket...the Republican could put Cruz, Palin, Bachmann, or Trump in the first spot...
...AND WIN.
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2015 09:19 am
@Lash,
I was think Jimmy Carter old school, which is not all bad, just not maybe not very appealing to the younger generation. I have read about him, I admire him a lot. He does a lot for veterans. I just don't feel the same as he when it comes to our surveillance programs which is what I meant by I am not quite as left as I thought I was.
0 Replies