revelette2

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2016 10:35 am
@maporsche,
Not to mention Blickers just left this paragraph on this thread..

Quote:
wekipedia
Stein has argued that the United States "helped foment" a coup in Ukraine.[141] She maintains that Ukraine should be neutral and that the United States should not arm Ukraine.[141] She was critical of the Ukrainian government formed after the Ukrainian Revolution of 2014, saying that "ultra-nationalists and ex-Nazis came to power.”[142] She met with president Putin in Moscow in December 2015 at a banquet celebrating the 10th anniversary of the Russian state propaganda network Russia Today.[143] While in Russia, Stein criticized U.S. foreign policy and the state of human rights in the U.S.; she did not criticize Russia's foreign policy or human rights in Russia.[144] Stein has said that the United States "pursued a policy of basically encircling Russia--including the threat of nukes and drones and so on."[141] On the subject of NATO, Stein tweeted, "Who exactly is NATO fighting? ...Other than enemies we invent to give the weapons industry a reason to sell more stuff."[145]
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2016 05:49 pm
@izzythepush,
And you're snood. It's obvious.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2016 10:09 am
@Lash,
I thought I was snood. Who's on first?
Debra Law

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2016 04:04 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

I think Debra Law is Lash's real name. She just screams sockpuppet.

I agree with her. That doesn't mean we're the same person.

snood

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2016 04:08 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

I thought I was snood. Who's on first?

Can I play? I wanna be Parados!
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2016 06:27 pm
@Debra Law,
I agree with her, too. I guess two of us are sock puppets.
maporsche

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2016 10:25 pm
I wish one of you three "sock puppets" would try to explain why Jill Stein is qualified to be the leader of the free world
snood

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2016 01:20 am
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

I wish one of you three "sock puppets" would try to explain why Jill Stein is qualified to be the leader of the free world

Yeah, since all three "agree" (creepy that they didn't specify what they agree about - guess we can assume it's about everything) it will be time and space efficient, because one can answer for all three!
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2016 05:53 am
@edgarblythe,
I certainly agree with her on Hillary and Glass-Steagall. But that absolutely isn't a point I'd risk a tRump Presidency over.

I agree with her in principle that it would be better to vote a third party, but in our system which has no allowance for a third party race, its tantamount to voting for Trump. I won't vote third party or stay home: its like cutting off one's nose to spite one's face.
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2016 07:04 am
If you vote for Jill Stein, you vote for another candidate who, like Trump, will carry out Putin's foreign policy and have the US withdraw from NATO, thereby facilitating facilitating Russia's swift recovery, by tank, of their former Eastern European Empire. After that, they start on Western Europe.

In short, if you want to see Russian tanks going down the streets of Paris in three years or so, vote for Trump or Stein.

http://i1382.photobucket.com/albums/ah279/LeviStubbs/Hungary%201956%20pic%201_zpszoswhz00.jpg

Gotta hand it to Putin. He can't run anything, his country is an economic disaster and going down fast, but he's managed to get both the Right, (Trump), and the extreme Left, (Stein), to be his agents in this American Presidential election. I tip my hat, that takes talent.
revelette2

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2016 07:11 am
@Blickers,
I agree with you are on this, she is pretty open about her support of Putin and Russia.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2016 08:22 am
@snood,
Quote:

Can I play? I wanna be Parados!

I can pencil you in for next Thursday, wear a preppy sports jacket and class tie!
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2016 08:28 am
@Blickers,
Quote:
Russian tanks going down the streets

That lead tank seems to have lost its turret and one of its tracks. This unit doesn't seem to be 4.0 at all. The one behind it seem fairly geshfinkte, too.

Why are they using Panzers?
Blickers

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2016 12:18 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Why Panzers? This was in Hungary in 1956, it wouldn't surprise me a bit if the Russians still had some armaments captured from the Germans in WWII. As for the tanks not being in good shape, I think the caption said something about this was a street the Russians used to store the tanks which had become damaged during the siege of the city. As you can see, the buildings are all blasted out.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2016 02:22 pm
@Blickers,
I apent my first ten years in 1950's near west side of Cleveland, where ironic hipsters who can't afford Ohio City are now ruining.

This was what was then called a DP (displaced people from WWII) mieghborhood. We had pro-Nazi Hungarians and anti-Nazi Polish and Lithuanians, Croatians, Serbs, Greek.

My sister brother and I always played the Germans in the war games we played. We always won becuase once we set an ambush we'd just sit and wait and finally the other side would get antzy and we'd get em.

One day a red rag fell off a delivery truck and we had our uncle draw a swastika on it and we nailed it to a stick and started goose-stepping around the block.

When we got about a third of the way at the second corner an older polish guy we knew who had always been kind to the local kids vaulted over the three foot wrought iron fence like was in high school took the 'flag' from my brother's shocked hands ripped it from the stick, yelling: "good kids!! Bad flag! ... good kids!! Bad Flag!!!" over and over. Freaked us out. His having cleared the fence most of all.

A very vivid memory from some fifty-five plus years ago.
Blickers

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2016 07:18 am
@bobsal u1553115,
He really was a kind old man. He took pains to let you know that you were not bad kids, but were making a mistake carrying a flag. Considering his horrible memories of what the Nazis were like in his home country and the fact that customs and laws at the time said you could be a lot rougher with kids than you can be now, he showed a lot of restraint.

You Nazi kid, you. Very Happy
revelette2

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2016 01:34 pm
Reading bobsol's memories brought my memories to mind. I guess when you are kids you don't think about political ramifications of things. My mother and my four aunts loved the movie Gone With the Wind, so we grew up knowing all about it. In our grandmothers (granny) back woods, we would play Yankees and rebels swinging on the vines yelling, "the Yankees are coming..."
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2016 01:43 pm
@revelette2,
We played cowboys and indians. In those days, many movies were about cowboys and indians. Loved them Roy Rogers movies.
ossobucotemp

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2016 01:43 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Oh, my.. interesting to hear of your having this start.
One of my longtimers, who I met in a lab class in Los Angeles some years later, was a dp in Sweden after her family fled from Estonia.
If I have the story straight, which is fairly short since I don't know much, the family was somehow involved in science (?) and needed to get out of there. They lost all their property, some fair part of a city block.

I knew that much, but we were eighteen and talking about the boys in class and we didn't delve into the whole story. Similarly she knows some of my family mishugas (neither of us are jewish but I resort to being a faux Roberta when trying to express myself, formative laboratory talk).
bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2016 02:05 pm
@Blickers,
Quote:
He really was a kind old man.

Back then it really did take a village to raise a kid.

We had "public garden" plots that were chainlink fenced and watered. Ten by ten plots for a dollar a month.

We used to have babushka's who would cut wild greens in vacant lots In spring. They would eat Dandelion greens and make wine from the flowers. My grandmother among them.

Giant pots of pierogi and "Polka Varieties" on WEWS with Paul Wilcox on Sunday.

Wonderful childhood!