cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2016 12:33 pm
@Blickers,
We know which states are predominantly racial bigots and no brains. Trump has no record of having done good for anyone but himself. Clinton has history behind her as Bill Clinton outlined yesterday at the convention. Hillary is for all the people. Trump is for himself.
georgeob1

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2016 12:36 pm
@Real Music,
Yes and better yet the assasination of the former Party Chairwoman was accomplished without any nasty discussion of the collusion of the DNC with its favored candidate or any speculation abou the very likely hacking of the annointed queen's e mail acccounts while she was Secretary of State.

Now you can go back to trashing the stubborn Sanders supporters.
snood

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2016 12:38 pm
@georgeob1,
Are you voting for Donald Trump?
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2016 12:42 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote:
Now you can go back to trashing the stubborn Sanders supporters.

I support Bernie Sanders. I support Hillary Clinton. I support Barak Obama. I support Elizabeth Warren. I support Nancy Pelosi. Most important, I support the Democratic Party.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2016 12:53 pm
@Real Music,
After hearing Bill Clinton yesterday about what Hillary has done for the American People, I'm in full support of her. Donald Trump is in it for himself; he's a narcissist, a racial bigot, and a xenophobe.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2016 12:55 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Hillary is for all the people. Trump is for himself.

I agree with you completely. That sums up the whole election.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2016 07:33 pm
The struggle continues.

http://m.truthdig.com/report/page2/the_1_percents_useful_idiots_20160726
reasoning logic

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2016 08:12 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
The struggle continues.

How does it feel to become more informed? I can only guess it sucks to see some or should I say most of your love ones who are unable to see the reality you see for different reasons that affect them.

Is it similar to being close to heaven and yet seeing your love ones going against their own interest? If so I have been there as well.
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2016 09:08 am
http://editorialcartoonists.com/cartoons/HorseD/2016/HorseD20160726_low.jpg
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2016 01:12 pm
Poor Bernie! He should remember that Clinton will probably run for only one term and that he could probably run and win, if he desires.
Blickers

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2016 01:24 pm
@Miller,
Actually, Bernie would be 74 if he took office in January, which is pretty borderline in my opinion. If he waited four years, he'd be 78. Not a good idea.

Just an observation, but most leaders seem to be right at or near their peak right up through their early seventies. After that, often by their own admission, they don't have the full mental capacity to do what they used to. Although many appear quite sharp to others, often these people choose to slow down and take fewer responsibilities, if they don't retire outright.

I do agree with you that I hope that Hillary, if elected, chooses only to serve one term. She'll be 73 at the end of the first term, which is right on the borderline of where people's mental acuity starts slowing down.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2016 01:49 pm
@Blickers,
Here's a list of oldest US presidents/world leaders.
http://history1900s.about.com/od/worldleaders/a/oldpresidents.htm
RABEL222

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2016 06:51 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Man CI, you just blew me out of the water! I was thinking of running in 2024 but would be 89. According to your list Ill be too old.
Miller

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2016 05:46 am
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

I was thinking of running in 2024 but would be 89.

By 2024, there'll be no MEDICARE and SS will be vastly depleted. You should still run for President. At least the HEALTH CARE you'll receive will be free.
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2016 08:04 am
@Blickers,
I hope that is not true, my dad is getting close to 75, we all, the whole extended family, depend on him a lot for advice and encouragement, or even if you are lost in an unknown city, we call to get back on track. (Odd fact, in the bathroom and other times he would study the Atlas for relaxation so...) Anyway, just hoping you are not right.

If you are correct, I wonder if she would be grooming Kaine to run after her first term?
Blickers

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2016 08:42 am
@revelette2,
When I said not at the top of mental acuity past mid seventies, I meant things like reduction of the number of things you can keep in mind and working on at once. You can't multi-task like you used to. And many people over 75 are still working, but the job doesn't involve having to have five separate conversations at once. People I know who are perfectly fine and doing great have told me this, they have to lessen the amount they can keep up with but once they do that, they are very near the same ability that they had.
snood

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2016 08:49 am
@Blickers,
I'm glad to see you qualify your statement. It did have a slight whiff of ageism about it, to me. I know we have to make common-sense adjustments as we age (my mother was allowed to drive for about 7 years longer than it was safe for others encountering her on the highway). But there are so many variables. There are abysmally incompetent, shallow and amoral people who are young and strong. There are physically decrepit people who are wise and trustworthy and substantial.
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2016 10:49 am
In the four polls released Monday on Real Clear Politics, which take in the reaction to the Democratic National Convention, in one on one matchups Clinton vs Trump, Hillary leads by an average of 6.5 points.

In the same four polls, when they include Johnson and Stein as choices, Hillary leads by 5.5 points.

Hillary Clinton is moving up fast on her way to the White House. Trump is falling out of the race.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2016 10:55 am
@Blickers,
This is two hours old: In a two-way head-to-head matchup, Clinton tops Trump 52% to 43%, and in a four-way matchup including third party candidates Gary Johnson and Jill Stein, Clinton leads 45% to 37% with Johnson at 9% and Stein at 5%.
9:50am PST.
Blickers

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2016 01:26 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Excellent, CI. Just goes to show how all the polls are going Hillary's way-or maybe all away from Trump, depending on what you think the motivation is.
0 Replies