roger

Reply Sat 7 May, 2016 03:21 pm
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:

I don't know what kind of a President Hillary would be if she is nominated, . . ..

I've got a sinking feeling that whoever is elected, we'll look back at what we've got now as 'the good old days'.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sat 7 May, 2016 04:22 pm
@revelette2,
Quote:
I love her first song, "Fast car." (I think that is the name)

Thank you for sharing, I never heard it before until now. I would like to share 2 concepts that I learned studying human behavior.

"Pro social psychopathy" and "anti social psychopathy".

I myself find it to be subjective but being I study moral philosophy and neuro philosophy,
I think it may be a subject that axiology, psychology and ethics can find value in understanding.

Neuro science has a lot to teach us laymen and laywomen if we give it a chance.

reasoning logic

Reply Sat 7 May, 2016 04:55 pm
I am not a trump supporter but what do you think about what he is suggesting here?

0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sat 7 May, 2016 05:03 pm
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Sat 7 May, 2016 06:13 pm
@reasoning logic,
Before I comment, it is not you is it?
RABEL222

Reply Sat 7 May, 2016 07:13 pm
@parados,
Maybe if someone explained to Bernie that the loser very seldom tells the winner what they are going to do. I would think that after the way Bernie is acting the voters left would shun him. He is proving to be more and more Lash like. That is saying he is not being rational.
RABEL222

Reply Sat 7 May, 2016 07:22 pm
@snood,
You guys keep forgetting he aint a democrat. I dont think he cares if its a dem. or a repub. as long as he has his 10 minutes in the sun.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sat 7 May, 2016 09:32 pm
@revelette2,
No I am a slow witted empathic person who has an understanding of reality that consist of information that has been shared by all types of people. I will share with you again just incase you missed it the last time. "My understanding is only an approximation of reality.

reasoning logic

Reply Sat 7 May, 2016 11:21 pm
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Sun 8 May, 2016 02:21 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

Bernie's followers are wary of his possible endorsement of HRC, and Elizabeth Warren has lost credibility among a wide swath of Bernie voters per surprising trends on social media

A true leader does not follow trends.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Sun 8 May, 2016 02:28 am
Interesting SHORT New Yorker article on the elections:

Quote:

Head of the Class
How Donald Trump is winning over the white working class.
By George Packer
Comment May 16, 2016 Issue

[...] The Democratic Party has a strange relationship with the white working class. Bernie Sanders speaks to and for it—not as being white but as being economically victimized. He kept his campaign alive last week, in Indiana, in large part by beating Clinton nearly two to one among whites without a college degree. Coverage of Sanders has focussed on his support among the young and the progressive, but he has also outperformed Clinton with the white working class. Even in losing, Sanders has shown that a candidacy based on economic populism can win back some voters who long ago deserted the Democratic Party. It’s hard to know whether these voters, faced with a choice between Clinton and Trump, will revert to the Republican side, stay home, or vote for a Democrat who until now hasn’t known how to reach them.

Identity politics, of a different brand from Trump’s, is also gaining strength among progressives. In some cases, it comes with an aversion toward, even contempt for, their fellow-Americans who are white and sinking. Abstract sympathy with the working class as an economic entity is easy, but the feeling can vanish on contact with actual members of the group, who often arrive with disturbing beliefs and powerful resentments—who might not sound or look like people urban progressives want to know. White male privilege remains alive in America, but the phrase would seem odd, if not infuriating, to a sixty-year-old man working as a Walmart greeter in southern Ohio. The growing strain of identity politics on the left is pushing working-class whites, chastised for various types of bigotry (and sometimes justifiably), all the more decisively toward Trump.

Last fall, two Princeton economists released a study showing that, since the turn of the century, middle-aged white Americans—primarily less educated ones—have been dying at ever-increasing rates. This is true of no other age or ethnic group in the United States. The main factors are alcohol, opioids, and suicide—an epidemic of despair. A subsequent Washington Post story showed that the crisis is particularly severe among middle-aged white women in rural areas. In twenty-one counties across the South and the Midwest, mortality rates among these women have actually doubled since the turn of the century. Anne Case, one of the Princeton study’s co-authors, said, “They may be privileged by the color of their skin, but that is the only way in their lives they’ve ever been privileged.”

According to the Post, these regions of white working-class pain tend to be areas where Trump enjoys strong support. These Americans know that they’re being left behind, by the economy and by the culture. They sense the indifference or disdain of the winners on the prosperous coasts and in the innovative cities, and it is reciprocated. Trump has seized the Republican nomination by finding scapegoats for the economic hardships and disintegrating lives of working-class whites, while giving these voters a reassuring but false promise of their restoration to the center of American life. He plays to their sense of entitlement, but his hollowness will ultimately deepen their cynicism.

The Democrats probably won’t need the votes of the white working class to win this year. Demographic trends favor the Party, as does the bloated and hateful persona of the Republican choice. Nonetheless, the Democratic nominee can’t afford, either politically or morally, to write off those Americans. They need a politics that offers honest answers to their legitimate grievances and keeps them from sliding further into self-destruction. ♦
revelette2

Reply Sun 8 May, 2016 07:26 am
@Olivier5,
How odd, I left this piece on a Donald thread, but in response to your post...

It is longer, but full of stats/data so... I'll just leave the link The Mythology Of Trump’s ‘Working Class’ Support

revelette2

Reply Sun 8 May, 2016 07:35 am
@reasoning logic,
Well, I am not sure what your point is what all of that. I watch the video in part, I quit because quite frankly he was a bit of a rambler and took forever to get to his point if he had one to get to. Why do you feel the need to post videos about a guy who studies serial killers? I feel as though I am leaving myself open for something.....
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 8 May, 2016 09:12 am
@revelette2,
Quote:
Why do you feel the need to post videos about a guy who studies serial killers? I feel as though I am leaving myself open for something.....

The guy is a neuroscientist who studies many things other than serial killer brains. I was wondering how you would respond to a video like that, you were not leaving yourself open for something.

Election fraud

Blickers

Reply Sun 8 May, 2016 11:36 am
@reasoning logic,
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
How many people do you think will be open to spending 26 minutes watching one of your videos?
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Sun 8 May, 2016 12:37 pm
@revelette2,
I wouldn't trust these stats too much. The data they are based on is flimsy.
revelette2

Reply Sun 8 May, 2016 12:42 pm
@Olivier5,
Nate Silvers is a respected statistician, he used actual exit polls from 23 states in the first graph and compared it with exit polls from four years ago in another graph.
Olivier5

Reply Sun 8 May, 2016 01:13 pm
@revelette2,
I don't know. A few details don't work. It's not important anyway. The demography of his supporters can be seen in his meetings.
revelette2

Reply Sun 8 May, 2016 03:50 pm
@Olivier5,
I don't know, maybe they just dress bad? Or more than likely, they are just more eye catching and actually show up at his rallies. Probably a lot more rich Trump supporters who will admit to it.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 8 May, 2016 04:50 pm
I notice quite a few people terrified because a President Trump will do this and that, as if there were no checks and balances to government, while airily dismissing a President Sanders doing anything at all.