maxdancona

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2016 03:55 pm
@maporsche,
I am saying that Clinton, as the winner of the primary and the leader of the Democratic party, will have the responsibility to unite the party. If she fails to do this, it will be her fault (and her loss). There won't be anyone else to blame since she has all of the power now.

I don't know why that is so hard to understand.
Brand X

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2016 03:56 pm
He's just in it for the momentum.
revelette2

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2016 03:56 pm
@parados,
Don't worry, something will happen where they will all cry foul as though everything which goes wrong on election days are all designed to cheat Bernie voters, or they will still claim they have a chance.

maporsche

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2016 03:58 pm
@Brand X,
And the book deal....and the speaking circuit
parados

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2016 03:59 pm
@Lash,
The purge of voter rolls was based on people being registered and not voting in the last 4 years(44,000) or more than 4 years (70,000). I suppose the DNC used their time machine and went back to get those Bernie supporters to not vote.

They certainly weren't people under 25 that were purged. Nor were they people who donated to Bernie.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2016 04:02 pm
@snood,
No victim here Snood. My side lost because we failed to win over key parts of the democratic electorate. I accept that. But we also ran an amazing campaign. Few people would have imagined how far Bernie would come a year ago. Now we have won some leverage. That's how it works.

Many Bernie supporters are likely to vote for Hillary. But she doesn't have the right to demand the votes of anyone. She is a candidate. Candidates are supposed to earn the votes of the voters they serve (you seem to have this backwards). She will do well to reach out to Bernie voters.

Attacking Bernie Supporters as "Bernie Bots" is not helpful in this respect. Hopefully you will see Hillary putting a stop to this (as Obama did in 2008).

The more Hillary supporters attack Bernie supporters, the worse off Hillary will do. I will be curious to see how she deals with the fact that her own supporters are hurting her election chances.

maxdancona

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2016 04:03 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

And the book deal....and the speaking circuit

Like this juvenile attack is going to stick.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2016 04:12 pm
@revelette2,
Who is they? You folks call people Bernie bots and accelerate insults. Me, he interests me.

This gets annoying, like food fights. I'm starting to despise both sides.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2016 04:13 pm
@ossobuco,
http://www.moonofalabama.org/images4/hillaryclinton-s.jpg

Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2016 04:16 pm
Made me snort.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2016 04:18 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

I am saying that Clinton, as the winner of the primary and the leader of the Democratic party, will have the responsibility to unite the party. If she fails to do this, it will be her fault (and her loss). There won't be anyone else to blame since she has all of the power now.

I pretty much agree with the caveat that she has the primary responsibility. If Sanders refuses to come to the table to talk terms, there is not much she can do. Still, she has to go at least half way and likely more.
revelette2

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2016 04:22 pm
@ossobuco,
I haven't used the term Berniebots, I said Bernie voters. Is that OK?
"They" are the ones who are now saying the problems which occurred with NY elections were caused by those wanting to cheat Bernie voters out of voting. As though all those votes were going to go to Bernie automatically. It is a way of delegalizing Hillary's win.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2016 04:23 pm
@engineer,
Quote:
If Sanders refuses to come to the table to talk terms, there is not much she can do.

I think there is a lot she can do to reach out to supporters. And, I suspect that she will do at least some of it.

She should realize that the nastiness of her supporters isn't doing her any favors. I am pretty sure that she will realize that any nastiness (real or perceived) from Bernie supporters is irrelevant to her. She needs to unify the party she now leads.

If I were the political adviser to the almost certain winner of a tough primary election, I would get the candidate to shut up her supporters no matter what the other side was doing.

Sore losers are one thing. But there is nothing worse than sore winners.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2016 04:27 pm
@revelette2,
Yes, sure. Hey, many others do go with the bot thing. On the other hand, potential bernie voters, me for example, are not a conglomerate; I do get there are fanatics. Spare me.
This thread is full of rollicking assumptions.
engineer

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2016 04:30 pm
@maxdancona,
I think once the two campaigns stop throwing hay makers at each other, the partisans will calm down. I doubt there is anything that Clinton can do to impact the most outspoken of her fans anymore than she could control the PUMA crowd eight years ago.
revelette2

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2016 04:30 pm
@ossobuco,
Well, then, if it don't apply, don't worry about it. Or just ignore me entirely. Or is only Bernie supporters who are allowed to have opinions and express them?
ossobuco

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2016 05:09 pm
@revelette2,
I don't worry about it, but I see most posts here being on the semi-fanatic side. We all aren't quite there as fanatics, though, including me. Or maybe all our posters are.

I think of you, revelette, as one of the more temperate posters over the years, well spoken for sure. Even you, the calm, tempered one, is getting a little testy lately. No, I'm not hall monitor, just my observation. And as anyone here knows, I can get obnoxious to the max.

I just get fed up with all the bernie bot ramble. Didn't notice that you personally didn't say that, so I apologize.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2016 06:28 pm
@revelette2,
I have no problem with anyone expressing their opinion. It is the name calling that bothers me.

I am disappointed and determined, but I am not particularly hostile. I haven't called Hillary supporters names.
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2016 06:29 pm
@Lash,
Quote Lash:
Quote:
I don't agree. I think a majority were Bernie voters

Still won't get it done for Sanders. Bernie fell over 290,000 votes short, so even if he got all 126,000 of the alleged problem votes, (which he didn't), he falls far short of Hillary.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2016 06:29 pm
@ossobuco,
When you use the term "bernie bot" you are making things worse.

0 Replies