snood

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2016 10:59 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Obama's efforts in 2008 to reach out to Clinton supporters were accepted by Clinton supporters (for the most part) because of Obama.

It was Obama's responsibility to win them over and history shows that he did just that. The presumptive party nominee is the one who holds all of the cards. Once you get a lock on the nomination... you don't get to play victim any more.

She is the leader now. She needs to start taking responsibility. If she starts blaming other people for her failures (as you seem to be doing) then it's on her.

She's been reaching out, not that you would notice. She's already started including conciliatory words in her stump speeches, not that she'd get any credit from the diehards. I don't know what the **** you're babbling about, that she has to do something she's not doing? Bernie and most of his followers haven't even conceded anything yet, so she can't exactly start talking like "she's the leader" quite yet. Acting like a victim? It's bizarre, how twisted and projecting that is for a Bernie bot to say right now - you guys are making all the victim noises.
snood

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2016 11:00 am
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

I'M blaming other people for her failures?

You've lost me. I no longer can understand what you're talking about.

Yeah, I think the Hillary derangement has affected the ability to communicate. I don't understand wtf he's talking about either.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2016 11:38 am
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:

I follow politics relatively closely and this is the first I've heard of the PUMA. So they couldn't have been that prominent.

They weren't all that prominent, but they got a huge amount of press. Their champion was Lady Lynn Forester de Rothschild, billionaire Democratic contributor who went off the deep end in 2008 and has continuously attacked the President since then. Here is a 2014 article listing her greatest hits in terms of President Obama comments. If you Google "party unity my ass" you can find lots of information including some blogs that still operate.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2016 02:29 pm
@engineer,
I think it is more accurate that Sanders loves his country at least as much as I do. I'd fight hard as hell if I were him. He's going to.

I wouldn't sell out my likeminded beloved in some deal with the devil, either. I think he's a highly principled man. It will be interesting to see if he asks us to vote for her, and what concessions she'll have to make to get his support, if indeed, it comes to that.

I'm not throwing in the towel by a long shot.

I'm damn proud of my presidential candidate.
Lash

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2016 02:31 pm
@maporsche,
The BOE is being sued. The results will change. Its national news, goofball.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2016 02:44 pm
I'm not a bot. I've some unhappinesses re Bernie, not least that I think he would likely be ineffective. I also catch he hasn't seemed to learned details re his ideas. I can understand that, as most of us might not be tip top on all our ideas. But, still, more of a swath going on instead of real scope.

Plus, I'm no fan of his helpers. Is Weaver running for president?

Meantime, I am revolted by Hillary's glee at the death of Gaddafi in a culvert.

Lash

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2016 02:48 pm
@Lash,
http://gothamist.com/2016/04/18/voter_registration_lawsuit.php

Losing fair and square, we have to tolerate. Never go quietly when you're famously cheated. Never.
maporsche

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2016 02:49 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:
The BOE is being sued. The results will change. Its national news, goofball.

Nothing will change the result of the NY election. It's as done as your candidate.

Here's one example of why a voter registration was changed, and it happened 4 years ago.

Quote:
Ocasio-Cortez was later told by her local Board of Elections that her party affiliation was changed during Hurricane Sandy. The devastating storm hit right before Election Day 2012, and in an emergency measure, Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D) allowed New York residents to vote at any precinct via affidavit ballot. Ocasio-Cortez was stuck in New York City for the storm, so she voted there instead of in Westchester.

“Apparently when I signed that affidavit my party affiliation was waived,” Ocasio-Cortez wrote. “I had no idea I was losing my party status when I did that… Had I known this was the case I would have fixed this ages ago.”

Cuomo has been planning this for a long time!
ossobuco

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2016 02:53 pm
@ossobuco,
mm? I am not quite sure which I will vote for in our New Mexico primary. Maybe Bernie, to give Hillary a tether. Maybe Hillary to add one more voice. This is not until June - I have time to think on it.
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2016 03:11 pm
@Lash,
Quote Lash:
Quote:
Never go quietly when you're famously cheated. Never.

The lawsuit was filed by a few hundred people. Bernie has to find over 290,000 voters in order to beat Hillary. You think one out of six voters were cheated out of their chance to vote Tuesday, and they were all for Bernie?

Not a chance.
Lash

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2016 03:17 pm
@maporsche,
But THESE issues are borderline criminal voter suppression and might be graft. We'll see. http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/ny-primary-voters-outraged-broken-machines-late-polls-article-1.2606810
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2016 03:20 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

I think it is more accurate that Sanders loves his country at least as much as I do. I'd fight hard as hell if I were him. He's going to.

I wouldn't sell out my likeminded beloved in some deal with the devil, either. I think he's a highly principled man. It will be interesting to see if he asks us to vote for her, and what concessions she'll have to make to get his support, if indeed, it comes to that.

I'm not throwing in the towel by a long shot.

I'm damn proud of my presidential candidate.

I am with lash on this. You don't give up halfway in the race.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2016 03:24 pm
@Blickers,
I cant believe the Bernie people are complaining about being cheated by the media. Every time I look at the news sites what do I see? Bernie has closed to within 2% of Clinton. One poll and ALL the media are quoting this rather than the 6 or 7 who say Hilary is 10 points ahead of Bernie.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2016 03:30 pm
@Lash,
I agree that long lines and closed polling stations are a problem that needs to be fixed.

I'm curious how these lines only affected Sanders supporters though....I mean Clinton supporters must have had to wait too right? I would think Sanders supporters (who trend younger) would have less of a problem standing in line while Clinton supporters would be discouraged.

So yeah, I don't think this will change the result of the election in NY either. It's a problem for sure, but it's not a "Sanders should win because of it" problem.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2016 03:33 pm
@maporsche,
126,000 voters disenfranchised in New York, subverting Democracy.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/new-york-voters-report-irregularities-at-poll-sites-1461085618
maporsche

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2016 03:35 pm
@Lash,
This has a pay-wall that I won't enter.

An audit would be good. It will show that most likely nothing untoward was done. It will also take months.
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2016 03:36 pm
@Lash,
What's this, now we have to subscribe to the Wall Street Journal and give them my Email to spam me in order to read that link?

You got something else?
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2016 03:39 pm
@Lash,
You know that most of those voters would have gone to Clinton.
Lash

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2016 03:52 pm
@engineer,
I don't agree. I think a majority were Bernie voters, and I think the DNC knew which were which based on donations to the DNC this primary season.

Graft is not a new thing among Democrats or NY. Chicago is a bit more famous for it, though.

It was Bernie's hood where he had a 27,000 soul party recently, and where Rosario Dawson and Spike Lee live and hold forth for Bernie.
parados

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2016 03:53 pm
At this point Sanders will have to win 68% of the remaining delegates to win the nomination. He needs to win 59% of the remaining regular delegates to reach a majority there. He is currently only polling about 40-45% in most of the major contests left.

Next Tuesday could leave Sanders needing 80% or more of California. That isn't going to happen.