RABEL222

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2015 01:52 pm
@edgarblythe,
You mean like they did in Greece. Tell the populace what they want to hear and leave it to a conservative government to make Bernie a total failure. His ideas are great but cannot be fullfilled by this conservative government. It will take 8 to 16 years to establish a government with which he can get anything done. If he is the democratic candidate I see a republican government that will only be removed by an armed insurrection. We are close to a government of royality and surfs now. One more republican president who will put a couple of ultra conservatives on the Supreme Court and we will be calling the billionare elite your majesty. But what the hell. Im 80 years old and may not live long enough to vote in this election so fuk up the gov. all you want to, it probably wont effect me. One more Bernie "Ralph Nader" Bush election ought to do it.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2015 01:57 pm
@RABEL222,
The alternative is to be a good serf and don't rile your superiors.
RABEL222

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2015 02:03 pm
@edgarblythe,
Your mistake in thinking Edgar is in thinking that the liberal part of the party can carry an election. That is no linger true. Republicans = about 25 % of the voting public. Liberals = about 30 % of the voting public. Progressives = about 40 %. A ultra liberal like Bernie wont fly with progressives and without them he is toast. If he comes to closer to the middle he will piss off the liberals.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2015 02:07 pm
@RABEL222,
It's no longer a liberals versus conservatives election. It's whether you want to let an oligarchy rule or return to the representative democracy we had a few short years ago. I think Bernie's campaign could catch fire with many who think they couldn't vote for a Democrat.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2015 02:12 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Am I wrong in thinking that not long ago some on this site were crying that Clinton was being pushed before the convention was even convened. Now the ones who dont like Clinton seem to have crowned Bernie the candidate that cant be beat? I think that liberals have a death wish. They sure as hell dont understand politics.
RABEL222

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2015 02:16 pm
@ehBeth,
Maybe it would be better if he could do that with a ultra conservative congress and Supreme Court. Ultra liberals are already kissing his feet. Progressives not so much.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2015 02:20 pm
@RABEL222,
Given that the definition of progressive seems to vary by poster, I think it's dangerous to assume anyone knows who they would or would not vote for (if they are even a block of voters to consider).

____

Right now there are 5 declared Democratic candidates. There's plenty of time for people to look at the candidates and decide who they want to move forward to represent their party.

This thread is looking at one candidate in particular. If there aren't threads considering the other candidates there should be.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2015 02:21 pm
@RABEL222,
Ask your grandkids (or people of that generation) what they think about Bernie. They're the demographic most likely to get out and vote.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2015 02:24 pm
The Bernie leaners appear to be willing to let the primaries decide. Everybody else is getting upset because there are Bernie leaners. In an election, it's the voters making the decision, not people who want to orchestrate the primaries.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2015 02:24 pm
@RABEL222,
Well - this is a thread about Bernie Sanders - not a surprise people are discussing him here.

Supporters of Hillary Clinton certainly have the option to review her campaign to be her party's candidate in a thread about her.
RABEL222

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2015 02:27 pm
@edgarblythe,
And who would be my superior Edgar? You? I recognized Ronny Raygun for what he was and begged the progressives here not to vote for him. The same With that Idiot Bush. I wasent crazy about Clinton but had to vote for him rather than any of the republican candidates. If Bernie runs you might as well forget about a liberal party because the republicans will demolish him. But go ahead Edgar and turn conservative and attack anyone who disagrees with you.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2015 02:32 pm
@RABEL222,
Who did I attack? The "your betters" I referred to are the big business oligarchs , who will treat us as serfs, once the power grab is complete. If you think I am attacking you, you should read my posts again.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2015 02:33 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:
I recognized Ronny Raygun for what he was and begged the progressives here not to vote for him.

where?
not here
here didn't exist then
RABEL222

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2015 02:33 pm
@ehBeth,
Unfortunately my kids and grandkids are conservative. They dont understand politics either. They pay too much attention to media like many on this site and listen to the brainwashing that the billionares pay for.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2015 02:44 pm
@ehBeth,
I have, not crazy about her but I think she is the only one with enough name recognation to win. The Supreme Court is my main worry and I believe she will return it to a honest court rather than a Koch court. As far as making big changes in government she has as much chance of doing that as Obama did with his republican congresses nothing he proposes is going to pass. If you want real change in government elect a republican president and move to Canada until republican congress decides to annex them.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2015 02:46 pm
@edgarblythe,
Your post indicated that I was afraid to state my opinion because of a fear of oligarchs. Maybe you should reread your post.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2015 02:48 pm
@ehBeth,
On the internet. Do you think this is the only site that ever existed. Also radio and newspapers. Is this an attempt to brand me a lier?
roger

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2015 02:51 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

And you probably are going to be advised, "Don't feed the troll."

"Troll" is what they call someone who disagrees with them!
Wink

Since you are replying to me, you might care to point out one time in the past thirteen years when I have called someone a troll, because I clearly disagree with you. One time.
RABEL222

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2015 02:55 pm
@RABEL222,
Let me repeat that I like Bernie and his ideas. But I dont think he can carry enough of the voting populace to win. A republican president would, I firmly believe sink this country deeper than the Russian government. The republican answer to jobs is more wars and more billionares.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2015 03:09 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

And you probably are going to be advised, "Don't feed the troll."

"Troll" is what they call someone who disagrees with them!
Wink

Since you are replying to me, you might care to point out one time in the past thirteen years when I have called someone a troll, because I clearly disagree with you. One time.

I will accept that you have never done it, Roger.

Neither have I.

But did you really think I was accusing YOU of doing that...rather than suggesting there are some in the group here with whom I disagree...who are disposed to do it?

I don't wanna make a big thing of this...but I truly feel that Sanders could not possibly win an election...and I want anyone considering the move of "all or nothing" to think as carefully about it as possible.

I do resent the "silence any objections" mentality that some folk here display. But I champion their right to display it./b]

0 Replies