revelette2

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2016 11:14 am
@snood,
From what I can see from what I read on my previous post, which evidently didn't go over too good, oh, well, there were fewer polling places open in the places they needed more, evidently Maricopa County reduced the number of polling places to save money. One place ran out of ballots for a while until someone rushed them some more, then they opened it back up. I think it was just a lot of incompetence, but I don't think, in the end, it made a difference in the outcome (they stayed till past midnight) or it was intentional. I notice Bernie's campaign and supporters is always quick to claim foul.

snood

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2016 11:20 am
@revelette2,
Yeah. And that's ironic in itself, since if you'll remember, the Bernie campaign is the only campaign who were caught admittedly trying to misuse voter roles for their own ends. But they even tried to turn that around so it was Hillary's camp doing wrong.

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2016 01:44 pm

Robert Reich
46 mins ·
Voter suppression comes in many forms – such as fewer polling stations. Just 60 polling stations were open in Maricopa County yesterday, the most populous in Arizona -- forcing some voters to wait 5 hours in line. Bernie justifiably called it a “disgrace.” In 2012 there were at least 200 polling stations; in 2008, 400. Maricopa County Recorder Helen Purcell, a Republican (pictured below) said she took full responsibility but voters could have voted early had they wanted to. “That was their option in this instance," she said.
Baloney. Voting is a right, not a privilege. No one knows how many voters gave up on Wednesday and whom they might have voted for, but the fiasco draws the results into question, and gives our democracy another black eye.
revelette2

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2016 03:17 pm
@edgarblythe,
The chances of Bernie winning enough votes in Arizona to make a difference in the delegate math was slim to none even if everything went smoothly. It didn't, it was badly run and the people who ran it aught to be held accountable in Arizona.

It is hard to know how many were turned away, how many were truly marked as independent who were actually were democrats (proof of such would be needed, not some people making accusations who could have motivations for saying such). Clinton polls were pretty good in Arizona so it is not such a surprise she won regardless of the gripe from the Bernie camp and supporters which is frankly getting on my last nerves.

Quote:
Pre-election polls show Clinton with a double-digit lead in Arizona, boosted by Hispanic support and a closed primary system that may not favor Sanders and his independent supporters.

source

Personally I will be glad to see the last of Bernie and Robert Reich, ready for the whole election to be over.

0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2016 03:31 pm

RABEL222

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2016 05:23 pm
@maporsche,
Quote:
If she loses to the republican candidate, that will also make you pissed.

Wrong! Its what she has been working toward since she claimed to be a Burniebot. Making sure anyone beside Hillery gits to the presidency whether its a republican, communist, or someone from the Mafia. Just so it isent Hillery.
RABEL222

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2016 05:34 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
I wondered who was taking this vidio and why they were blaming Hilary until the young turk Berniebot came on than I knew.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2016 09:33 pm
@RABEL222,
That's probably true. If she's just a Bush voter then I don't give two shits about what she thinks. She also doesn't represent most Sanders supporters, so her opinions border on worthless.
Lash

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2016 04:11 am
http://www.truth-out.org/news/item/27204-computerized-vote-rigging-is-still-the-unseen-threat-to-american-democracy-it-s-time-to-change-the-system
Don't pretend that America is a democracy.
Don't ever be concerned about the veracity of the election process in another country until we fix our ridiculous, corrupt election process.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2016 04:14 am
http://usuncut.com/politics/bernie-blasts-arizona-voting-disaster-calls-the-fiasco-a-disgrace/
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2016 07:53 am
@maporsche,
Quote:
If she's just a Bush voter then I don't give two shits about what she thinks. She also doesn't represent most Sanders supporters, so her opinions border on worthless.

A2K is open to people of all viewpoints. If she was just a conservative, her opinion would be worth as much as anyone else's on here.

It's this business of pretending to be for Bernie when you're really a conservative and figure Bernie's the weaker candidate thing that makes her input suspect.
maporsche

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2016 08:49 am
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:

A2K is open to people of all viewpoints. If she was just a conservative, her opinion would be worth as much as anyone else's on here.

Which is another way of saying "worthless".
McGentrix

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2016 11:46 am
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

Blickers wrote:

Which is another way of saying "worthless".

Like yours for example?
maporsche

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2016 12:17 pm
@McGentrix,
of course
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2016 01:54 pm
@maporsche,
Actually, I know one or two or three - oh, wait, four - conservatives on here that I will read/listen to. But - two of them don't post re politics much now, if at all. There are probably more than four, if I search my memory.

I come from an odd small family, mother conservative, father the opposite. (Don't get me started...). The good thing, or maybe the bad thing, is they got me interested in government early.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2016 03:59 pm
Stunning NEW Quinnipiac poll: Bernie Sanders 10 TIMES More Likely To BEAT Trump!

Upcoming primary voters: Want to make absolutely, positively sure Donald Trump does not take office ten months from now? Then force him to face Bernie Sanders in November. The latest Quinnipiac poll, released yesterday (3/23/16), shows Sanders with a greater-than-tenfold better chance than Clinton of beating Trump.

The poll throws into doubt that Clinton could even beat Trump. With a Clinton candidacy we could all be watching President Drumpf be sworn into office next January. A frightening prospect. Even big bad Trump declares he would rather face Clinton in November. The new Quinnipiac poll explains why he’s scared of Sanders. Here are the new Quinnipiac poll findings and how I interpret them:

CLINTON 46, TRUMP 40 in a November matchup, according to Quinnipaic.

But there's a plus-or-minus 2.6 percent margin of error. So the result could be...

CLINTON 43.4, TRUMP 42.6 — Clinton's low end against Trump's high end, within the poll’s margin of error.

Notice, it leaves just 0.8 percent between Clinton and Trump — such a slim lead, it’s all but meaningless this early in the general-election season. The implication: Clinton and Trump are a virtual tossup. Flip a coin and we could be watching The Drumpf take office.

But OMG, look at Quinnipiac's result for Sanders versus Trump:

SANDERS 52, TRUMP 38 — a 14-point landslide.

Now let's adjust for Quinnipiac's 2.6-percent margin of error:

SANDERS 49.4, TRUMP 40.6. That is Sanders' low vs. Trump's high, within the margin of error.

The spread in Sanders' favor? Still a solid 8.8 percent — more than ten times greater than Clinton's almost nonexistent spread in the November election. These poll numbers show that Sanders is the ONLY way to ensure that Trump does not win in November.

Oh, and by the way: in the same poll, voters gave Sanders a 50-percent POSITIVE favorability rating.

Clinton? 56-percent NEGATIVE.

That's a greater-than-100-percent difference! The spread is so yuuuuge, it would be humorous if the issue were not so serious. (Note: Bernie Sanders is the only major candidate with any positive rating, let along a strong one. I think it says a lot about American politics and, by contrast, about Sanders.)

So, headline rhetoric aside, are you serious about keeping Donald Trump out of the White House? If yes, you have only one sure course: deny Trump what he really wants, the opportunity to face Clinton. Please, go to the polls. Cast a vote for Sanders in your state's upcoming primary. Make sure Trump faces the one candidate who is certain to beat him. Because other states have voted, it is up to you. YOU are now responsible for ensuring that Sanders faces Trump.

Please protect us from the tossup chance of a Trump presidency.

And thanks for listening.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/03/24/1505694/-Stunning-new-Quinnipiac-poll-Sanders-10-times-more-likely-to-beat-Trump
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2016 04:00 pm
Everybody against Trump just needs to show up at the polls and vote for anyone but Trump.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2016 04:07 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

Stunning NEW Quinnipiac poll: Bernie Sanders 10 TIMES More Likely To BEAT Trump!

Upcoming primary voters: Want to make absolutely, positively sure Donald Trump does not take office ten months from now? Then force him to face Bernie Sanders in November. The latest Quinnipiac poll, released yesterday (3/23/16), shows Sanders with a greater-than-tenfold better chance than Clinton of beating Trump.

The poll throws into doubt that Clinton could even beat Trump. With a Clinton candidacy we could all be watching President Drumpf be sworn into office next January. A frightening prospect. Even big bad Trump declares he would rather face Clinton in November. The new Quinnipiac poll explains why he’s scared of Sanders. Here are the new Quinnipiac poll findings and how I interpret them:

CLINTON 46, TRUMP 40 in a November matchup, according to Quinnipaic.

But there's a plus-or-minus 2.6 percent margin of error. So the result could be...

CLINTON 43.4, TRUMP 42.6 — Clinton's low end against Trump's high end, within the poll’s margin of error.

Notice, it leaves just 0.8 percent between Clinton and Trump — such a slim lead, it’s all but meaningless this early in the general-election season. The implication: Clinton and Trump are a virtual tossup. Flip a coin and we could be watching The Drumpf take office.

But OMG, look at Quinnipiac's result for Sanders versus Trump:

SANDERS 52, TRUMP 38 — a 14-point landslide.

Now let's adjust for Quinnipiac's 2.6-percent margin of error:

SANDERS 49.4, TRUMP 40.6. That is Sanders' low vs. Trump's high, within the margin of error.

The spread in Sanders' favor? Still a solid 8.8 percent — more than ten times greater than Clinton's almost nonexistent spread in the November election. These poll numbers show that Sanders is the ONLY way to ensure that Trump does not win in November.

Oh, and by the way: in the same poll, voters gave Sanders a 50-percent POSITIVE favorability rating.

Clinton? 56-percent NEGATIVE.

That's a greater-than-100-percent difference! The spread is so yuuuuge, it would be humorous if the issue were not so serious. (Note: Bernie Sanders is the only major candidate with any positive rating, let along a strong one. I think it says a lot about American politics and, by contrast, about Sanders.)

So, headline rhetoric aside, are you serious about keeping Donald Trump out of the White House? If yes, you have only one sure course: deny Trump what he really wants, the opportunity to face Clinton. Please, go to the polls. Cast a vote for Sanders in your state's upcoming primary. Make sure Trump faces the one candidate who is certain to beat him. Because other states have voted, it is up to you. YOU are now responsible for ensuring that Sanders faces Trump.

Please protect us from the tossup chance of a Trump presidency.

And thanks for listening.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/03/24/1505694/-Stunning-new-Quinnipiac-poll-Sanders-10-times-more-likely-to-beat-Trump

It's funny to me how the Bernie bots get selectively all excited about certain polls - but scoff at the ones that show Bernie's likelihood of getting the nomination as close to nil.
Lash

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2016 04:27 pm
When it is recognized that a grassroots candidate is fighting the media and the political establishment of the party he's running in- you have to read between the lines.

Bernie supporters communicate with one another- and we know what's happening and how to respond.

This guy and our movement is being attacked openly. You choose not to see, or to pretend not to see because it is your candidate who benefits.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2016 04:29 pm
@snood,
You're spot on. Sanders doesn't have a prayer. His poll numbers show him getting less than 1% with the majority going to Hillary. It's an impossible uphill climb that's just too steep.