snood

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2016 04:38 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

You're spot on. Sanders doesn't have a prayer. His poll numbers show him getting less than 1% with the majority going to Hillary. It's an impossible uphill climb

I refuse to let my opinion get paraphrased or pigeonholed into something I am not saying or don't believe. I didn't say I think Bernie has no chance. He still has a narrow path. I said that his followers selectively trumpet the polls that are favorable and poo-poo the ones that aren't. THAT's what I said. And all that crap Lash just said in response to me (without responding directly - so passive aggressive) is just that - a bunch of paranoid, tunnel visioned CRAP. Just more "everyone's against us, and Bernie's the brave warrior of the people" CRAP.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2016 04:48 pm
@snood,
I'm saying, "Bernie does have a chance."
I apologize for the misrepresentation.
snood

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2016 04:54 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Sometimes you really confuse me, CI.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2016 05:06 pm
@snood,
I confuse myself quite often. My short term memory is almost nonexistent.
snood

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2016 05:12 pm
@cicerone imposter,
LOL I can relate to that.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2016 05:19 pm
PLEASE read this analysis of the shitstorm that is inevitable between Bernie supporters and the mainstream media during the next 5 primaries. It is a very clear headed factual article.

excerpt:
Journalists with knowledge of the calendar won’t report that Sanders is turning the race on its head. They won’t report that it’s a whole new ballgame, or that a win in Alaska predicts a victory in Maryland. They won’t report that Sanders is surging.

A lot of Sanders supporters will want them to cover these victories in sweeping terms, and write that the momentum has shifted, but they won’t. They won’t report these things because they aren’t true, or at least because there will be no reason to expect them to prove true at the time (one never knows what might happen in the future). If Sanders had swept five early contests and gained a lead in the delegate count, it might have caused primary voters in later states who leaned toward Clinton to re-evaluate their choice. But we’re more than halfway through the campaign, opinions are becoming set and when the candidates get to New York, Clinton will still be up by at least a couple of hundred pledged delegates.

A lot of Sanders supporters have been primed by progressive media outlets that support the candidate – and various Facebook memes – to see these things through the prism of a conspiracy by the “establishment” media to keep Sanders down. So while the reporting will be factual and responsible — and based on the delegate math – we can expect our social media feeds to fill up with a million pissed off posts complaining that Sanders’ big win in Wyoming (18 delegates) wasn’t front-page news, or demanding to know why the media refuse to report the obvious fact that these next five contests are game-changers that will surely propel Sanders to a glorious victory over Hitlery Killton.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/03/all-out-warfare-is-about-to-break-out-between-bernie-sanders-supporters-and-the-political-press/
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2016 07:31 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Stunning news story. Poster on dailykos doesn't understand what a margin of error is in polls.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2016 08:51 pm
@cicerone imposter,
When I check the political news I see 7 articles about Bernie with pictures of him and one of Hillary and the media is pushing Hillary?
RABEL222

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2016 08:53 pm
@cicerone imposter,
My whole memory thing is shot. I do seem to have more luck with long term than short term. Could it be an age thing?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2016 09:06 pm
@RABEL222,
We were talking about this locally the other day. For all the people complaining about the lack of coverage re Mr. Sanders, they must not have noticed there was even less coverage of Ms. Clinton. Trump sucked up the media air 8 months ago and hasn't let go.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2016 07:33 am
March 24, 2016, 09:41 pm
Warren: 'I’m still cheering Bernie on’
Brand X

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2016 07:36 am
@edgarblythe,
Are those actions are just words???
revelette2

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2016 07:38 am
@edgarblythe,
Ok, great.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2016 08:09 am
@Brand X,
Would you care to rephrase that? I don't know if I quite understand your meaning.
Brand X

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2016 08:16 am
@edgarblythe,
Actually it was rhetorical because the RNC hasn't really been behind The Bern...so I view her statement as lip service only.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2016 08:23 am
People who think I am being mean about Clinton, just because I support Sanders, don't yet get my drift. I would be anti Hillary if Sanders (and Warren too) had never been born. I was an enthusiastic supporter of Bill Clinton at first, until he took actions that turned the Democratic party toward the Republican philosophy. I was only a lukewarm supporter of Obama at first, because I thought he was too cozy with Republicans and not a true liberal. I was correct. Back then I would have voted for Hillary, but I had not looked into her character and actions as thoroughly as I ought to have. To those who love and support her: When you are up to your ass in war and more war; when Obamacare becomes an insurance company cash cow more than a benefit to the people; when the working people see no improvement in their situation in four years from the election: Bernie will likely be too old to run again.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2016 08:24 am
@Brand X,
Brand X wrote:

Actually it was rhetorical because the RNC hasn't really been behind The Bern...so I view her statement as lip service only.

You've lost me.
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2016 09:22 am
@edgarblythe,
And of course, Bernie will naturally fix all those problems if he is elected, oh but wait, even if he doesn't, his heart is in the right place.

Personally I think most people buy into his hype and overlook his risky, illogical and costly ways to pay for all the free stuff he is promising, but that is just my opinion. I have decided to basically bow out of the Bernie/Clinton discussion. If people want to vote Bernie and want to keep hanging in, go for it. I only hope he looses. I know that ain't popular, but it is honestly how I feel.

I don't know if Hillary will do a great job, but I know she will better than Trump or Cruz and that is the main thing once she is elected for the dems.
Blickers

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2016 10:02 am
@revelette2,
I agree. One more thing, though:
Quote:
I don't know if Hillary will do a great job, but I know she will better than Trump or Cruz and that is the main thing

At least you won't have to worry about Cruz. According to the material the government puts out, he doesn't meet the requirements of a natural born citizen. The anti-Trump Republicans are trying to rally their whole movement by coalescing around a candidate who constitutionally cannot be president.

This is a strange year.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2016 02:02 pm
Bernie is doing very well in Washington exit polls
0 Replies