Sturgis

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 10:41 am
I have a drawer filled with longjohns and am wearing a pair now.

Have you ever been to Knive's Farm?
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 10:47 am
I have never heard of Knive's Farm.

Do they breed longjohns there?
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 10:57 am
My grandmother had a photo of something called Knive's Farm from a trip to England...I know nothing else of it.

Have you ever wondered why the sky is so dark at night?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 11:02 am
No.It would be just as daft as wondering why it was light during the day.

Wouldn't you be more inclined to wonder if it was not dark at night?
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 11:37 am
I never really gave that particular much thought.

Why does winter have to be so windy?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 04:24 pm
I don't think it has to be.It just happens to be so.

May I retire now to the pub?
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 04:26 pm
I would say you could retire just about anywhere you would like to, just play safe and friendly.

Am I the only person left who loves bowling?
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 05:39 pm
Loves? ... maybe. I LIKE bowling, but I wouldn't say I love it. I wonder, do the blokes in Enlgand bowl or do they have a similar recreation to bowling?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 06:30 pm
Oh! devie's back.Where have you been my thigh booted one/Where have you been my darling young nun? I missed you.

One of my pals bowls.He has these big,heavy and highly polished bowling balls which he carries around in a leather bag.They put lead weights in them to give them what is called "bias".Women play too but most of them are looking for a sugar baby.

Isn't ten pin bowling about letting chaps look good in a specially designed setting?
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 07:14 pm
Well, my dear Spendi-, I've had wicked electrical trouble which "blew up" my 'good' computer! When this tempermental monster lets me online - the cantankerous brute! - I get to come here. I've been so busy with holiday things and I just spent a week babysitting my 3-yr-old nephew and 1 1/2 yr-old niece, which apparently makes my relatives think I should be up for sainthood!
As far as bowling is concerned, it's just about having fun, unless your single and/or looking I suppose!
So what's up across the pond?! I hear you all aren't as "Christmas-y" as we "Yanks." Heard an Englishman complaining the other day about all the Christmas trees and how big they are and that they're 'everywhere'! Having not visited my fair country would you say this is so?

(Oh, and BTW is "Narnia" - the C.S. Lewis movie as big there as it is here? I'm a big fan of his writing>)
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 09:27 am
I'm afraid I don't know much about comparative Christmassing.It's a giant bore to me but I enjoy the long lounging.They trimmed the pub up on Dec 1 but I'm not sure it's had any effect.

The only thing I know about Narnia is that I heard it was sparking a Christian/anti-Christian row over there.I don't know anybody who goes to the cinema.

I think you are probably talking about 10 pin stuff which is considered here to be for equipment fetishists and destruction fanatics.We've tried it but it hasn't caught on.
Crown green bowling is the thing here.It's very popular with the oldies.Very genteel but quite competitive.It closes down in winter.The poshest places have very expensive dress codes.

Do you like being busy?
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 03:55 pm
Only the dead bowl, as far as this guy is concerned.
Maybe, just maybe, they are all dead in Yorkshire.

Are you carrying a lap top to the pub Spendi, you seem to be living in the confines of A2K, construction industry must be slack in your little quarter of hades, eh?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 04:13 pm
Mathos-

Anybody who has ever seen a photograph of Einstein's cat knows that questions should be asked which anyone can answer.When you address a question to a specific threader,as you have just done,it inhibits others and if the person you addressed the question to happened to become indisposed the thread would cease it's cyber life and we don't want that.

Do we?
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 04:42 pm
Just answer the question Spendi!

Your prattling on like an old washer-woman or a fish market slag.

Do you have problems with giving a response to a simple question?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 06:09 pm
Not really.What I have a problem with is people who think that there are simple questions at all.

"Could you tell me the time" for instance looks simple when thought of at a superficial level but it has confused the best brains when gone into deeply over the port.

Do you like port?
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 07:47 pm
Oh yes. Port Arthur Texas is a lovely place...come to think of it I have never really been there. I honestly don't know if I ever drank port and these days I don't drink the alcohol at all.

Have you ever wondered what would happen if electricity and gas all ceased existing tomorrow?
0 Replies

Trick-Master

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 08:02 pm
I wouldn't be able to post here if that happened...

wait...are you suggesting something.....iv'e print-screened.....just incase you're a terrorist.....joks
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 08:08 pm
I don't have any use for terrorists or terrorism. I just wonder sometimes how the world would be going if technology wasn't what it is today.

Do you think man could survive again if the current trappings were trimmed away and the surroundings were more medieval?
0 Replies

lezzles

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 10:09 pm
I think a big percentage of the population would wipe themselves and each other out in a mad scramble to grab what they could and that there would be a core of hopefully smarter people who would work together, organise strategies and defences against 'the others' and would manage to survive.

Do you think perhaps this is the kind of second chance we need - to try again?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 05:12 am
No-I think we need 3% growth year on year unto the uttermost limits of time.

Don't you think dogs are simply awful?
0 Replies