lezzles

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 05:40 am
Not at all! Dogs are wonderful creatures - especially Rhodesian Ridgebacks. (And cats that think they are Rhodesian Ridgebacks are pretty good too!)

Why don't you like dogs?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 07:00 am
Mainly because they are easily trained and thus reflect their owner's character and his/her desire to have something jump to his/her bidding in lieu of his/her failure to be able to have a slave.They also make a mess and have no sense of shame and are noisy leading one to suspect that many dog owners have them for no other purpose than to annoy others.They also stink.

Cats are beautiful creatures don't you think?
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 07:11 am
Depends upon the cat. Other than the basic appearance there is a matter of how they carry themselves.

Why don't more people have goats as pets?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 07:17 am
I once looked after a goat for a friend on holiday and I do not recommend them.They have certain habits which are not well known due to polite conversation not having the words to depict them.

Have you had a goat?
0 Replies

lezzles

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 07:18 am
Because they eat everything they can get hold of. And also, they butt you. Oh, yeah they create deserts too. (I really don't mind goats at all!)(I'm trying to come to terms with Spendius' diatribe against dogs - like who is the slave to whom?)(I'll stop chortling and think of a question in a minute.)

Do you have the A2k undies ads on your screen where you are?
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 07:26 am
Every so often they appear, and honestly I think they are mildly offensive since children may be in the viewing area of computer screens.

When did you first get a computer?
0 Replies

lezzles

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 07:31 am
About ten years ago - although have only been on the internet for a short time. Before that I was just using the word processor and spread sheets - and lemmings.

Do you play many computer games?
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 07:36 am
The only computer game I play is the Solitaire which came installed in my system. I have dial-up so it comes in handy as I wait for pages to download.

Is Christmas in your area overly commercialized?
0 Replies

lezzles

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 07:46 am
Yes indeed. I have decided I will make a determined effort this year not to be involved in all the hype but to spend the time thinking about my sense of values, (or lack thereof) etc. (I know that sounds pompous and self serving - I mean it though.)

Do you get a lot of snow at Christmas?
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 07:52 am
It (snow) is usually around somewhere during the season but sometimes there is a change in weather where the temps skyrocket above freezing and it becomes a wet Christmas instead of white. Then there are the major blankets on Christmas morning...looks nice at least.

Do you use cotton swabs to clean your computer keyboard?
0 Replies

lezzles

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 08:00 am
Yes - every now and then I have a major clean up using them, but for the most part I just keep them dusted with one of those small jobs that attract dust. They don't get so dirty since I gave up the smokes.

Are you content with life in general?
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 08:14 am
Extremely, and increasingly so as I age, which is good for those of you who are young to know.

Are you happy with your financial situation?
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 10:40 am
Unfortunately no. I have learned to be content in whatever situation I'm in, BUT I would prefer to be doing better than we are financially. I don't want to bring you all down, so I'll just say that I'm happy to be surviving!

What / if any are your personal Christmas - celebrating tradition(s)?
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 10:47 am
Locking the door and setting on the sofa with the rifle loaded and aimed at the door Twisted Evil . Actually I have no traditions for Christmas or any other day for that matter...just take it as another day.

If someone dropped a bundle of stolen cash taken from a mean-spirited, spiteful Zillionaire, would you keep it or return it?
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 10:54 am
My conscience wouldn't allow me to keep it! As much as I might want to, I'd have to return it.

What about you?
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 11:12 am
I would be at a struggle with it...hopefully I could be honest and return it all. Yup, the naughty part of me would want to take a percentage and then send the rest back in an unmarked package, don't know that I would steal though.

Would you consider life in the fast lane if you knew there would be no repercussions to you or your loved ones?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 06:06 pm
That's a hypothetical of ridiculous proportions.Life in the fast lane does entail risk.Otherwise we would all be in it.

With nothing to lose why not?
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 06:19 pm
Y'know, I probably wouldn't. Does that make me a bore? Nah! I have enough fun as it is!...

Can anyone tell me about such a thing called "Chrystaline" (not sure about the spelling)?
My son came home from school with a ball with a candle stuck on top and some beads stuck on top and a ribbon around it ... If I'm lyin' I'm dyin', but he said the kids walk around with the candle lit collecting money for the New Year???
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 06:29 pm
devvie tried this on-

Quote:
Y'know, I probably wouldn't. Does that make me a bore? Nah! I have enough fun as it is!...

Come on dev.Even saints would give it a go with no downside.

Surely?
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 08:00 pm
What?! And give up my sainthood?! I know that it's only hypothetical, but I just can't wrap my mind around there being no consequences - too practical, I guess!

So, what about this, "Chrystaleen"? Havve you ever heard of it. My son said he thought it was English, but then he is only 7!
0 Replies