aidan

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2009 02:59 am
@Dutchy,
I did miss them, because I'm the type of person who, when I read something, it makes me think of something else, and I might want to address that, but feel constrained- especially if it's someone elses thread- to stick to the topic and stay very business-like - which is NOT easy for me at all.

And as I said, I talk to different people in different ways and about different things.

I also do really like the way he's organized the older pm's, so that I have a running record of conversations with my a2k friends. It was fun to read them the other day and remember how conversations and then friendships developed - and when they're all layed out like that chronologically - it gives a good picture of how communication between two people evolved and a friendship came into being.

(I also found that I still have Mathos' e-mail- which he gave me and I never used it because I talked to him here and it didn't seem necessary, and I thought I'd lost it - but now that he doesn't post here at all - I might give him a little nudge and say hello via e-mail).

Have you figured out how to find what you've sent? I can read what's been sent to me - but I haven't found where what I've sent out are organized. I haven't tried very hard yet - and it may be easy - but just on the offhand chance that you know - that's my question:
How do you find what you've sent (in terms of pm's.)?
Dutchy

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2009 03:23 am
@aidan,
After you click on the inbox, you get a page of people you have exchanged pm's with. Click on their Avatar and you should get the pm's you've exchanged with them. I just did it with yours and I noted I sent you a birthday wish on the 21 of March last year. Smile Mathos has kept in contact with me ever since he left a2k, we exchange jokes and funnies on a regular basis, received one from him this morning.

To be honest I don't have a full understanding how the new a2k works, do you have that problem too?
aidan

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2009 04:54 am
@Dutchy,
Thanks Dutchy - I'll try that.

I don't have trouble with the new a2k- it works for me as I need it to - there are probably a lot of things I don't even know I can do, so don't do- but as far as what I use it for - it's been great.

*Tell Mathos I said HI!!! I'll e-mail him later today maybe...

I found your lovely birthday pm too - that was so nice of you Dutchy. But you've always been very nice to me - and I appreciate that.

Yes, you sent it on the 21st of March - mine is on the 23rd and my mother's is on the 20th- as a matter of fact, I'm leaving Thursday so that I can be in New Jersey to spend our birthdays together, as we've done most every year since I was born. I'm looking forward to it- I'll also have the chance to visit friends in North Carolina while I'm there. This time of year is a lovely time to have a birthday- the world (on this side of the equator) is just coming back to life. I'm happy I was born in Spring.
(You see why I need pms- I could just go on and on and on - that's why I like this thread - I feel allowed to converse).

When is your birthday? Laughing
Dutchy

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2009 05:19 am
@aidan,
I was almost a Christmas child, born at 11.50pm on 24th December. Smile You know what, my grandsons birthday is also on the 23rd Mach, we'll be travelling overthere to celebrate it with him and leave on Saturday 21st. They live 500 miles from here and he turns 8. I wish you a safe and enjoyable trip Aidan, will be good to see your folks again. March is also our loveliest month of the year, continues sunshine with a temperature of between 80 and 85 degrees.

How long will you be away for and will you be posting during your absence?
aidan

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2009 05:27 am
@Dutchy,
Christmas Eve is a wonderful birthday. I don't know if I'd have liked to have my own birthday on Christmas eve, but if I'd had a child on Christmas eve - I'd have thought that was really, really special...

Tell your grandson Happy Birthday for me.

I'll be gone for ten days. I'll probably post as I'll be waking up in the middle of the night (there) and everyone will be asleep- so I'll have to find something to do until they wake up.

Are you a lark or a night-owl?

Dutchy

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2009 06:00 am
@aidan,
Probably a bit of both if my interpretation of 'lark' is the correct one. Smile Had to look up the word 'lark' as here it is a songbird and I don't think you had that word in mind. Night owl to a degree as I never go to bed before midnight, quite often well after midnight, and always up by 6am.

Do you need your 8 hours sleep or can do with less?
devriesj

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2009 05:00 pm
@Dutchy,
Hey, you two! You've sure been chattin' it up over here! Mind if I put in my 2 Cents ?
Unfortunately, or not, I've always seemed to need a good amount of sleep but can survive on less though not for long.

(Aidan (& Dutch-), pardon for butting in. I just remember having a bit of a problem with you or someone using your login/nickname for a sort of "study"? Don't know if that sounds familiar to you. I'm really not sure what happened. Only know that the aidan that I was talking to thought we got into some sort of disagreement. So, I'm a little leery of chatting. Just wanted to clear the air.)
Dutchy

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2009 06:01 pm
@devriesj,
No I don't mind you putting in your 2 cents worth Dev, can't comment though, as I know nothing about it.

Can you tell me what those two thumbs means once a reply is posted here?

aidan

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2009 06:17 pm
@Dutchy,
I think that means that someone liked your response.

Did you have a nice day today? Did you do anything special or out of the ordinary?
Dutchy

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2009 06:25 pm
@aidan,
A new day here, but yesterday went into the City and treated myself to some Kashmiri cuisine and visited the Museum.
How long does your flight take from the UK to the US?
aidan

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2009 07:23 am
@Dutchy,
It takes between six and seven hours from Bristol (the west coast of England) to
Newark, NJ (the east coast of the US).

Can you list North America, Africa and Australia in correct order from largest to smallest in terms of land mass as measured in square miles?

Dutchy

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2009 04:08 pm
@aidan,
Africa - North America - Australia.

Do you know what the hottest temperature was ever recorded in Australia and where?
ilovepolarbears

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2009 11:19 pm
@Dutchy,
No, but I'll have a guess...Perhaps about 44 degrees celcius, and want to say Northern Territory, but have a funny feeling it may be Kalgoorlie or Cooby Pedy etc. Please enlighten us, though.

Do exotic island getaways still hold the same allure to you as they did before the devastating tsunamis hit?
Dutchy

Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2009 12:23 am
@ilovepolarbears,
(Highest temperature ever recorded was in Oodnadatta, South Australia on January 2, 1960 when it reached 50.7 Celcious or 123 Fahrenheit.)

Yes, I would still go to exotic islands, regardless.

Do you enkoy beach walks?
devriesj

Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2009 12:12 pm
@Dutchy,
What is this word, "enkoy" you speak of? Wink Razz

Yes, I love beach walks!

Do you use spell check?! Shocked Laughing
Dutchy

Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2009 03:02 pm
@devriesj,
No I don't, didn't re-read my post!

Are you a school teacher by any chance?
ilovepolarbears

Reply Tue 4 Aug, 2009 05:34 pm
@Dutchy,
No, but I can't help but correct people sometimes, grammatically speaking.

Do you get annoyed with mispronunciations such as "on-velope" instead of en-velope, or "prod-ject" as opposed to pro-ject?
Dutchy

Reply Tue 4 Aug, 2009 05:36 pm
@ilovepolarbears,
No. never take any notice.

What hobbies do you indulge in?
ilovepolarbears

Reply Tue 4 Aug, 2009 05:41 pm
@Dutchy,
Normally, I love reading, crosswords (feign surprise, Dutchy), cross-stitch...that's the majority. At the moment, I can only manage reading...concentration not the best for others.

What book are you in the middle of reading?
Dutchy

Reply Tue 4 Aug, 2009 05:50 pm
@ilovepolarbears,
The History of Campbelltown, a local suburb, as a result I go out searching for historic buildings there.

Do you like local history?