When will Hillary Clinton give up her candidacy ?

coldjoint

Sun 4 Oct, 2015 10:41 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
What you don't know about Hillary Clinton and Saul Alinsky is everything.

What I do know is enough. And do not talk to me, or anyone, about under education. Go back to cleaning latrines, that is where you peaked.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Sun 4 Oct, 2015 05:44 pm
I think we're approaching crunch time for Hillary. Clearly her well funded campaign machine is doing all it can to correct her image problems and a cooperative media is helping as with her SNL appearance. The NEA and national Teacher's unions have endorsed her, probably in response to her campaign's pressures that she needs it NOW, The NEA's endorsing statement was less than a total committment noting that she is the strongest Democrat candidate and the one most likely to beat her Republican opponent (something like Frank Apisa's reasons for supporting her).

Meanwhile Obama remains uncommitted to any particular candidate (itself unusual in view of Hillary's earlier unquestioned dominance of the race.) It may well be that the Obama's don't want to see the Clinton's in control of the Democrat party during the peak years for his "legacy" after he leaves office. There are many, probably unconfirmed, but believable stories involving friction between the Obamas and the Clintons out there. This is significant in view of the ongoing FBI investigation of Hillary's State Department tenure and Obama's evident inclination to use the Federal Judicial process to advance his personal agenda whenever he can get away with it.
hawkeye10

Sun 4 Oct, 2015 05:47 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote:
I think we're approaching crunch time for Hillary.
Jeb has been told exactly the same thing by the R moneymen it has been widely reported. The Elite are at least consistent. But then again I realized a long time ago that they own both parties, or have to this point at least.

However a rebellion is clearly afoot.
0 Replies

snood

Sun 4 Oct, 2015 06:28 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

I think we're approaching crunch time for Hillary. Clearly her well funded campaign machine is doing all it can to correct her image problems and a cooperative media is helping as with her SNL appearance. The NEA and national Teacher's unions have endorsed her, probably in response to her campaign's pressures that she needs it NOW,

Wow. It's hard to know where to start. You think this; her appearance on SNL probably means that; the endorsement probably means this...

Reading you reminds me of reading David Brook - the way he winds from empty conjecture to random falsehood to shady innuendo - never ever bothering to spice things up with a supported fact even dress things up with a weak citation. You should be proud of the comparison, though. He's never right about ****, and he's absolutely shameless with playing fast and loose with truth, and he's a hack and buffoon but he's nationally known and he makes a living writing.

Quote:
The NEA's endorsing statement was less than a total committment noting that she is the strongest Democrat candidate and the one most likely to beat her Republican opponent (something like Frank Apisa's reasons for supporting her).

You say that as if it's a bad thing. She's the strongest, most likely to win out over a Republican? Things could be much worse. Like, a Republican winning.

Quote:
Meanwhile Obama remains uncommitted to any particular candidate (itself unusual in view of Hillary's earlier unquestioned dominance of the race.)

How the hell is it unusual for him not to commit to either his former Secretary of State or his present Vice President? It would obviously be perceived and touted as a slight to the other if he chose one side. Wise not to give red meat for speculation of ill doings to all those who'd leap at the opportunity - you know, clueless blinkered tools like you.

Quote:
It may well be that the Obama's don't want to see the Clinton's in control of the Democrat party during the peak years for his "legacy" after he leaves office. There are many, probably unconfirmed, but believable stories involving friction between the Obamas and the Clintons out there. This is significant in view of the ongoing FBI investigation of Hillary's State Department tenure and Obama's evident inclination to use the Federal Judicial process to advance his personal agenda whenever he can get away with it.

Just a load of hyper partisan speculator tripe. A huge steaming load.
coldjoint

Sun 4 Oct, 2015 06:31 pm
@snood,
That color is as ugly as your candidate. A "bobism."
0 Replies

georgeob1

Sun 4 Oct, 2015 07:30 pm
@snood,
I think you need to calm down a bit. It appears that you are looking for offense whereven you can find any excuse for it .

While you rant and firgutively wave your arms about I notice that you areen't much of a purveyor of factos or backup to the statements you make.

If you will read the NEA endorsement statement you will see that it emphasized the very point I made.

I also note that you are very free in dishing out epithets and coarse criticism but rather thin skinned when it comes to receiving even a slight criticisn or even disagreement. There are words for that kind of behavior.

The fact that Obama witheld an endorsement of Hillary six months ago when she apparently had no opposition and Biden had declared he was not a candidate, is indeed a bit notewworthy. I didn't say it proved anything. My speculation that the Obamas may not like to see the Clintons once again in control of the Democrat party given the well known Clinton habit of smothering out other voices while in power is hardly unrealistic and it was clearly labelled as just that "it may be" is not an asseretion of fact.

In any event unfolding events will determine the truth here.
hawkeye10

Sun 4 Oct, 2015 07:40 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote:
I think you need to calm down a bit. It appears that you are looking for offense whereven you can find any excuse for it .

Has Snood ever NOT bought a conspiracy theory?
Blickers

Sun 4 Oct, 2015 10:17 pm
@hawkeye10,
Seems to me the one who's buying conspiracy theories are the Republicans here. Hillary had an impossibly large lead which was bound to come down as more people paid attention to the election. The Republicans are hitting hard on scandals because they hate her guts ever since her husband showed the Democrats weren't washed up after 12 years of Reagan-Bush the Father.

If you want to believe that Hillary is going down and won't recover, go ahead. Fact is, few people are paying attention at this stage, just the political junkies.
hawkeye10

Sun 4 Oct, 2015 10:23 pm
@Blickers,
Quote:
If you want to believe that Hillary is going down and won't recover, go ahead. Fact is, few people are paying attention at this stage, just the political junkies.

You dont know your ass from a hole in the ground. Everyone has been paying attention for months. Earthquakes cant be ignored.
0 Replies

Real Music

Mon 5 Oct, 2015 12:26 am
@georgeob1,
I suspect Obama previously withheld his endorsement for Hillary Clinton because there was never any guarantee that Biden would not run for the nomination. If I was in Obama shoes I would have great difficulty endorsing anyone because Biden was my Vice President and Clinton was my Secretary of State. I guess the best solution would be to endorse both of them and wish them both best of luck.
hawkeye10

Mon 5 Oct, 2015 12:59 am
@Real Music,
Hey Einstein: So long as Hillary was the only candidate there was no reason to endorse her, that was the plan, remember? It was only in the last month that anyone thought that Sanders mattered. If biden says he is not running Hillary will get obama's endorsement immediately. If Biden does run Obama will back who ever gets enough delegates to get nominated. There is no upside to him getting into this, both these people think alike on the stuff he cares about.
hawkeye10

Mon 5 Oct, 2015 01:25 am
@hawkeye10,
At this point doesn't Sanders re Hillary look exactly like Obama re Hillary? I think it does, I think it shows that Hillary learned nothing from that failure.

I person who does not learn from failure is not a person I want as president.
0 Replies

engineer

Mon 5 Oct, 2015 05:26 am
Clinton on SNL

0 Replies

revelette2

Mon 5 Oct, 2015 07:54 am
Hillary Clinton Goes Big On Gun Policy, Creates Contrast With Bernie Sanders

I agree with Bernie Sanders on the last one about prosecuting gun manufactures but I do think the three day default should be fixed. O'Malley has some good suggestions too.
snood

Mon 5 Oct, 2015 08:57 am
Since Bernie is either actually more progressive, or at least perceived as more progressive than Hillary on everything, it is understandable that she would try to jump on any small contrast where she is still more to the left. This proves shes taking Bernie seriously, as she well should.
0 Replies

Real Music

Mon 5 Oct, 2015 08:19 pm
@hawkeye10,
I don't recall any reports of Biden ever saying that he was not running for the nomination. The media simply assumed that he wasn't running because the democratic party at that time were overwhelmingly behind Clinton getting the nomination.
hawkeye10

Mon 5 Oct, 2015 08:48 pm
@Real Music,
Quote:
1984 Democratic National Convention (Presidential tally):

Walter Mondale – 2,191 (56.41%)
Gary Hart – 1,201 (30.92%)
Jesse Jackson – 466 (12.00%)
Thomas Eagleton – 18 (0.46%)
George McGovern – 4 (0.10%)
John Glenn – 2 (0.05%)
Joe Biden – 1 (0.03%)
Martha Kirkland – 1 (0.03%)
1988 Democratic National Convention (Presidential tally):

Michael Dukakis – 2,877 (70.09%)
Jesse Jackson – 1,219 (29.70%)
Richard H. Stallings – 3 (0.07%)
Joe Biden – 2 (0.05%)
Dick Gephardt – 2 (0.05%)
Lloyd Bentsen – 1 (0.02%)
Gary Hart – 1 (0.02%)
2008[edit]
2008 New Hampshire Democratic Vice Presidential primary:

Raymond Stebbins – 50,485 (46.93%)
William Bryk – 22,965 (21.35%)
John Edwards* – 10,553 (9.81%)
Barack Obama* 6,402 (5.95%)
Bill Richardson* (write-in) – 5,525 (5.14%)
Hillary Rodham Clinton* (write-in) – 3,419 (3.18%)
Joe Biden* – 1,512 (1.41%)
Al Gore* – 966 (0.90%)
Dennis Kucinich* – 762 (0.71%)
Bill Clinton* – 388 (0.36%)
John McCain* – 293 (0.27%)
Christopher Dodd* – 224 (0.21%)
Ron Paul* – 176 (0.16%)
Jack Barnes, Jr.* – 95 (0.09%)
Mike Gravel* – 91 (0.09%)
Joe Lieberman* – 67 (0.06%)
Mitt Romney* – 66 (0.06%)
Mike Huckabee* – 63 (0.06%)
Rudy Giuliani* – 46 (0.04%)
Darrel Hunter* – 20 (0.02%)
2008 Democratic presidential primaries:

Excluding penalized contests, only primary and caucuses votes:

Barack Obama – 16,706,853
Hillary Rodham Clinton – 16,239,821
John Edwards – 742,010
Bill Richardson – 89,054
Uncommitted – 82,660
Dennis Kucinich – 68,482
Joe Biden – 64,041
Mike Gravel – 27,662
Christopher Dodd – 25,300
Others – 22,556

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electoral_history_of_Joe_Biden

You no doubt have heard reports that friends of Biden dont want him to try because they believe that nothing will change, and that his final run for office will be yet another humiliation.

0 Replies

coldjoint

Wed 7 Oct, 2015 09:49 am
When Killary finally withdraws her supporters will be sad. But, no doubt, she will be back on "Dancing With the Stars" like any other washed up celebrity.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Thu 8 Oct, 2015 10:11 am
More news reports are appearing about FBI seizures of commercial servers being used in standard cloud backup roles for some or all of the data on Hillary's personal e mail servers on which she reportedly did all or most of her e mail communications as Secretary of State. If so this suggests a degree of either indifference to the universal practices of national security elements of our Federal government in safeguarding data, or incompetence in executing them. All this is fast raising additional contradictions between her previous assurances that she had turned over all relevant material and the emerging facts.

This and the ongoing investigation of actions that may have contributed to the losses we suffered in the Benghazi attack, a few weeks before the last Presidential election, (and on the anniversary of 9/11) and deceptive statements about what was behind it, are being characterized by many Democrats as politically motivated attacks on a leading figure in the opposing party, and therefore lacking any legitimacy. Others see them as responsible actions to enforce some needed accountability in government taken by the Congress in keeping with its constitutional role. The obvious truth is that one doesn't preempt the other, and that both motivations are likely present among those involved.This was certainly true in the Watergate investigation that brought Nixon down (interestingly with some cooperation from Republicans) and it is equally true today.

I find it amusing to note that no one accuses Democrat defenders of Hillary who, in defiance of accumulating facts, insist that the investigations are politically motivated and therefore entirely without merit or substance, as themselves being politically motivated in the evident non sequitor they are advancing. Political motivations are universal in politics.

Hillary's campaign is making extra efforts to defend her and advance her position. My impression is they are doing well raising the enthisiasm of the already converted , but are so far failing to stem the decline in support and trust for their candidate as indicated in national and state wide polls. If so this is an ominous sign for her.

News reports about an imminent Biden announcement (which appear to bear an inverse relationship to reports of Hillarey's success or lack of it in the media) are growing more frequent.

coldjoint

Thu 8 Oct, 2015 12:10 pm
http://granitegrok.com/wp-content/uploads/Junitta-Broderick-copy-560x422.jpg
http://www.doomjunkie.com/images/smilies/party3.gif
http://granitegrok.com/blog/2015/09/shame-hypocrisy-dont-exist-in-her-dictionary?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
0 Replies