When will Hillary Clinton give up her candidacy ?

parados

Wed 6 May, 2015 06:22 am
@oralloy,
The less than 2% of the electorate that will vote based on guns that are going to vote GOP were always going to vote GOP. The women that vote based on women's issues will be a larger share of the electorate and more likely to move Democratic.
parados

Wed 6 May, 2015 06:26 am
@oralloy,
The Clinton's have not been attacked without facts? ROFLMAO..
Yeah. They really did kill Vince Foster and you have the facts to prove it.
Bill really did run drugs through Arkansas and you have the facts to prove it.
Hillary made money in the market through some form of chicanery and you have the facts to prove it.

The list is pretty long of those attacks oralloy and you don't have any facts to support the attack. It seems it's you that doesn't care about facts.

Let's make this very simple. Give us the facts on how Hillary killed Vince Foster. Or do you deny that she was ever accused of doing that by members of the GOP?
oralloy

Wed 6 May, 2015 07:01 am
@parados,
parados wrote:
The less than 2% of the electorate that will vote based on guns that are going to vote GOP were always going to vote GOP. The women that vote based on women's issues will be a larger share of the electorate and more likely to move Democratic.

You should know by now that my prediction is not that people will vote on the gun issue. We must have gone over the details of my prediction more than 100 times in the past two years.

The issue that they will vote on in 2016 will be the fact that it will have been six years since Mr. Obama got any of his legislation passed through Congress.

The 2013 gun control debacle is the reason why Mr. Obama will not have gotten any of his legislation passed in the six years prior to the election.
revelette2

Wed 6 May, 2015 07:03 am
@oralloy,
You just make this stuff up as you go along, don't you?
oralloy

Wed 6 May, 2015 07:05 am
@parados,
parados wrote:
The Clinton's have not been attacked without facts? ROFLMAO..
Yeah. They really did kill Vince Foster and you have the facts to prove it.

I confess to having forgotten that one, never having paid much attention to it to begin with. But it was kind of a fringe thing wasn't it, as opposed to something that serious politicians were pursuing?

The 1998 impeachment, and the current email irregularities, were/are soundly based in facts.

parados wrote:
Bill really did run drugs through Arkansas and you have the facts to prove it.

That wasn't an attack on the Clintons. That was something the Left made up to attack Reagan.

The Left just didn't realize that the then-minor Democratic governor that they were maligning as one of Reagan's alleged criminal lackeys would become their president within 10 years.

This is also the basis of the delusions that some African Americans have about the CIA smuggling drugs into the United States.

parados wrote:
Hillary made money in the market through some form of chicanery and you have the facts to prove it.

I'm not familiar with that one.
oralloy

Wed 6 May, 2015 07:07 am
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:
You just make this stuff up as you go along, don't you?

Funny how you cannot point out a single fact that I am wrong about.
revelette2

Wed 6 May, 2015 07:28 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
The issue that they will vote on in 2016 will be the fact that it will have been six years since Mr. Obama got any of his legislation passed through Congress.

The 2013 gun control debacle is the reason why Mr. Obama will not have gotten any of his legislation passed in the six years prior to the election.

I was speaking specifically of this twisted reasoning of yours.

You have no facts to back up your ridiculous statement of the gun control debate being the sole reason President Obama will not have gotten any of his legislation passed.
parados

Wed 6 May, 2015 07:34 am
@oralloy,
Gosh, I bet Obama gets almost 0% of the vote in 2016. It doesn't mean a Republican will win the WH.
0 Replies

revelette2

Wed 6 May, 2015 07:36 am
Hillary Clinton presses advantage on immigration

The above link will take you to the yahoo article. I was interested in it being on a Hispanic site.
0 Replies

Thomas

Wed 6 May, 2015 07:43 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
You misunderstand me. I am not saying that there is no difference in the policies of the two parties.

Seriously? Would you be interested in betting then? If so, what odds?
parados

Wed 6 May, 2015 07:47 am
@oralloy,
Gosh, you seem to not remember much that is factual. But you sure like to claim you only have facts on your side.

So, it's a fringe thing when Jerry Falwell is promoting a video that says as much? I didn't realize the moral majority and evangelical Christians were a fringe group.
joefromchicago

Wed 6 May, 2015 07:55 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

joefromchicago wrote:
Remember, georgeob1 is a top-notch political prognosticator. And anyone who doesn't believe me should just ask President Romney.

It'll be interesting to see how good I am at it.

I dare say you will be proven worse than most.
oralloy

Wed 6 May, 2015 08:27 am
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:
You have no facts to back up your ridiculous statement of the gun control debate being the sole reason President Obama will not have gotten any of his legislation passed.

Sure I do. It was covered extensively in the news when Mr. Obama made foolish attacks against the NRA the cornerstone of his second-term legislative agenda. It was about the only thing going on in US politics in 2013.
oralloy

Wed 6 May, 2015 08:28 am
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:
oralloy wrote:
You misunderstand me. I am not saying that there is no difference in the policies of the two parties.

Seriously? Would you be interested in betting then? If so, what odds?

I am still not sure that you understand what my prediction is.

However I am open to betting. Note though that I never bet money. I prefer friendly bets where one side simply admits that they are wrong.

I'm not sure how odds would come into play. I'm either 100% right or I am 100% wrong. We'll know which it is come election night.
oralloy

@parados,
parados wrote:
But you sure like to claim you only have facts on your side.

I don't know about the "only" part. I'm sure other people have facts on their side too.

parados wrote:
I didn't realize the moral majority and evangelical Christians were a fringe group.

You didn't???
0 Replies

oralloy

@joefromchicago,
joefromchicago wrote:
I dare say you will be proven worse than most.

We'll see on election night. My confidence hasn't wavered since I first made my prediction some two years ago.
0 Replies

revelette2

Wed 6 May, 2015 08:47 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
Sure I do. It was covered extensively in the news when Mr. Obama made foolish attacks against the NRA the cornerstone of his second-term legislative agenda. It was about the only thing going on in US politics in 2013.

Quote:
Correlation does not imply causation

Correlation does not imply causation is a quip that events or statistics that happen to coincide with each other are not necessarily causally related. The reality is that cause and effect can be indirect and due to a third factor known as confounding variables, or entirely coincidental and random. The assumption of causation is false when the only evidence available is simple correlation. To prove causation, a controlled experiment must be performed.

The form of fallacy that it addresses is known as post hoc, ergo propter hoc or "affirming the consequent."

source

oralloy

Wed 6 May, 2015 09:05 am
@revelette2,
Quote:
Correlation does not imply causation

Correlation does not imply causation is a quip that events or statistics that happen to coincide with each other are not necessarily causally related. The reality is that cause and effect can be indirect and due to a third factor known as confounding variables, or entirely coincidental and random. The assumption of causation is false when the only evidence available is simple correlation. To prove causation, a controlled experiment must be performed.

The form of fallacy that it addresses is known as post hoc, ergo propter hoc or "affirming the consequent."

It is pretty straightforward that "Mr. Obama expending every bit of his second-term political capital in futile attacks against the NRA" is the direct cause of "his not having any political capital left to drive any other agenda".
parados

Wed 6 May, 2015 09:08 am
@oralloy,
The NRA is a fringe group as well so how could Obama have expended all his capital?
oralloy

Wed 6 May, 2015 09:19 am
@parados,
parados wrote:
The NRA is a fringe group as well

Only the AARP is more powerful.

parados wrote:
so how could Obama have expended all his capital?

By using it in a futile attempt to pass dead-end gun legislation.

Just think where the nation would be right now if all the energy that went into attacking the NRA had instead gone into pushing for a comprehensive system of carbon emissions laws to combat global warming.