When will Hillary Clinton give up her candidacy ?

Blickers

Wed 7 Sep, 2016 04:16 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote George:
Quote:
You missed the essential points. The Soviet Union collapsed largely on its own internal contradictions, though the strength of our military deterrent accelerated the process, in spite of the failure of our NATO allies to live up to their military committments.

You continue to miss the whole picture. The Soviet Union would have been a lot stronger if it had taken over Western Europe, or part of it, during the postwar period. If the US had a President Trump during that time making speeches about we won't defend Western Europe unless the financial obligations are met, (and they aren't being met), it would have been far more likely that Russia would have moved into Western Europe.

Sorry George, when you are eyeball-to-eyeball with an opponent, that is not the time to start sending signals about "maybe we will defend Western Europe, maybe we won't". Russia stayed away only because they knew the US and the NATO allies would be coming after them immediately after any incursion. Thanks to Trump, Russia now knows that if he takes office, if Russia arms some rebels in Western Europe, backs them politically, and then makes noise about backing them with troops, the response will NOT be immediate counterforce, but negotiations, "based on mutual interests".

Those are Trump's words, "based on mutual interests". Not standing up against tyranny, not sticking up for our the Free World-it's now "we'll do what's in the interest of the US and Russia". Which means that if Russia makes it worth our while, we can be persuaded to let them have a piece here and there of Western Europe as long as we get enough back. Combine that with Trump's elevation of financial arrangements among NATO countries over America's protection, and it amounts to a severe weakening already of NATO's authority. And Trump isn't even in office yet.

So George, how much do you think Trump should charge Russia for surrendering Western Europe? Because that's the way Trump is talking.

cicerone imposter

Wed 7 Sep, 2016 04:20 pm
@Blickers,
Well, it seems Russia is already making a move to take over Crimea.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3776529/Russia-preparing-scale-INVASION-Ukraine-Europe-weak-prevent-warns-President-Poroshenko.html
Cycloptichorn

Wed 7 Sep, 2016 04:21 pm
@georgeob1,
Hi George, sorry to jump in the middle of a convo:

Quote:
Trump is right to raise the issue.

I don't disagree that he's right to raise the issue, but I wonder if we agree that he'd be better served to have an actual proposed solution to the issue before raising it? I mean, that's the typical way things are dong in politics, after all.

If you're still in town let me know and I'll buy ya lunch sometime -

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Blickers

Wed 7 Sep, 2016 04:22 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Russia already took it over. It is now part of Russia, though it has not been recognized internationally. Ukraine is not a NATO country, therefore we were not bound to protect it.
cicerone imposter

Wed 7 Sep, 2016 04:32 pm
@Blickers,
The Daily Mail article is dated today. That was quick!
izzythepush

Wed 7 Sep, 2016 04:54 pm
@cicerone imposter,
That's the Ukrainian president using alarmist rhetoric to get the World's attention, and the Mail, which is a really crappy paper btw, ratcheting up the pressure with a good headline.
0 Replies

Blickers

Wed 7 Sep, 2016 04:56 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Your post said Russia was invading Crimea soon, which was part of Ukraine. Russia already took over the Crimea and made it part of Russia. Now the Ukraine's president is saying that Russia is planning an invasion of the rest of Ukraine.

Up until 1957, Crimea was part of Russia. Both Russia and Ukraine were part of the Soviet Union at the time, so one day Krushchev announced that he was giving Ukraine the Crimean Peninsula. Then Ukraine broke away from the USSR in 1991, taking Crimea with it. Then in 2014, Russia invaded the Crimea and took it back. Ukraine's president is saying that Russia is planning to take the rest of Ukraine now.
cicerone imposter

Wed 7 Sep, 2016 05:01 pm
@Blickers,
Thanks for that clarification. I know that Crimea is part of Ukraine. It's located in the south of the country. I've been to that part of the world, but not to Ukraine.

As a matter of fact, I've been to most of the countries that surrounds Ukraine.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Wed 7 Sep, 2016 05:36 pm
@Baldimo,
60's, 70's, '80's, '90's, '00's, take your pick.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Wed 7 Sep, 2016 06:27 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

It's interesting that the Russian government continues to play world politics while the people at home are suffering from the sanctions and low price for oil.
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/04/12/world/europe/russian-economy-tumbling.html?_r=0

I doubt that the sanctions on oil exportsd (which are easily evaded) are hurting the Russian economy nearly as much as is the authoritarian gangster rule of the new KGB Tsar Putin. To soome degree I suspect his foreign adventures and efforts to reestablish the Soviet Empire are a distraction to keep the Russian people from focusing on their own situations.
bobsal u1553115

Wed 7 Sep, 2016 06:30 pm
@georgeob1,
Well so long as it isn't hurting the Russian economy.

Your rational runs along the line of "if you're going to be raped, get comfortable, lay back and enjoy it."
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Thu 8 Sep, 2016 11:49 am
http://www.infowars.com/was-hillary-wearing-an-earpiece-during-last-nights-presidential-forum/

"She can't even lie without help." - James Woods

http://hw.infowars.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/080916earpiece.jpg

Her Campaign insists it was a reflection from the lights.
Blickers

Thu 8 Sep, 2016 12:24 pm
^^Ewww, did you hear the latest girls? That Hillary was wearing an earpiece on stage. I bet she thought that out-of-style hairdo she had on hid it. And I just hate those pantsuits she wears.
Baldimo

Thu 8 Sep, 2016 12:33 pm
@Blickers,
I think it is more along the ling of needing help with answers to questions she didn't have. Cheating instead of fashion issues.
0 Replies

giujohn

Thu 8 Sep, 2016 12:36 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
It's not a hearing aid it's too far down in the ear it is not blocking the ear canal so that she can hear conversation it is the kind used by law enforcement Im quite familiar with it and if that's a reflection she must have one hell of a big zit coming out the side of her ear... What a deceitful lying piece of crap
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Thu 8 Sep, 2016 12:37 pm
You guys are being pretty ridiculous here, but hey - I get the frustration on your part.

Cycloptichorn
giujohn

Thu 8 Sep, 2016 12:39 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Yes it is frustrating because the people like Matt Lauer and the other technical people around her who are responsible for producing the show should have seen that and there should have been questions asked about it.
Cycloptichorn

Thu 8 Sep, 2016 12:41 pm
@giujohn,
The frustrating part for you is that you're going to have to call her 'Madam President' for four straight years, and you know it. This will help the Dems cement a solid Supreme Court advantage and also ensure that the GOP cannot roll-back many of Obama's accomplishment.

I get it, you're facing disaster in a very real sense. But that shouldn't lead you to lash out with stupid **** like this.

Cycloptichorn
giujohn

Thu 8 Sep, 2016 12:43 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Not if that came with the winning Powerball numbers... and if she does get in I don't give her a real good chance of not being impeached and convicted.

By the way what are they going to call Bill? I'm assuming that Huma is going to take the title of first lady right?
Cycloptichorn

Thu 8 Sep, 2016 12:46 pm
@giujohn,
Quote:
and if she does get in I don't give her a real good chance of not being impeached and convicted

I think you're confusing your hopes and dreams with reality, here. And doing so out of desperation, because you don't need to be Kreskin to see how things are going for Trump right now, which is pretty ******* bad.

Quote:
By the way what are they going to call Bill? I'm assuming that Huma is going to take the title of first lady right?

What's the point of this comment, other than to lessen yourself in the eyes of people here?

Cycloptichorn