When will Hillary Clinton give up her candidacy ?

Finn dAbuzz

Thu 11 Aug, 2016 12:47 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

She provides so much material!! If she'd slow her Queen of Corruption roll, I'm sure I'd find other things to talk about.

And more so, if you people acknowledged her ****, what reason would there be for me continually citing it? You dodge it. She's above the law because of that type of avoidance.

I'm tempted to say "Give it up," but I hope you won't. What's worse than her blatant lying corruption and the lap dog media that is actively humping for her campaign? That at least 40% of the voters in this country don't have a problem with it.

I'm somewhat OK with the people who say, "Yes she's an utterly corrupt liar but she's better than Trump," but the people who try to sell us the rubbish that she has spent her whole life trying to help people and that she is the person we need in the White House? Partisan zombies kept animated by daily injections of Clinton kool-aid.
joefromchicago

Thu 11 Aug, 2016 01:20 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

You got it straight.

Clinton won't refrain from specious attacks (Dems never do) so why should Trump? This is hardball and past candidates like McCain and Romney lost because they wouldn't play the game like their opponents.

So Trump's justification for making unfair and baseless attacks against Clinton is that, if Clinton were in the same position, she'd make the same sort of attacks against Trump. And you're OK with that?
Blickers

Thu 11 Aug, 2016 02:22 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote Finn:
Quote:
This is hardball and past candidates like McCain and Romney lost because they wouldn't play the game like their opponents.

Oh, please. Last election Romney started bragging started on the Obama-is-not-a-native-born-citizen bandwagon.

Republicans as too honest to win elections. What a laugh.
blatham

Thu 11 Aug, 2016 03:50 pm
@nimh,
Quote:
Fournier a Clinton shill? Can't stand the guy, but that's a stretch..

That's stretching the meaning of "stretch".
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 11 Aug, 2016 03:57 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote:
Yes and no.

Oh for the love of god. Of course there are westerners living and doing business in China. But the differences in immigration patterns are like the size of my smallest freckle contrasted with the size of the Bronx.

Otherwise, yes, China is very interesting. All of Asia. Just another area where I know far too little.
blatham

Thu 11 Aug, 2016 04:12 pm
Such a dick, this guy.

Pat Toomey says Clinton poses a bigger threat to the US than Trump. http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/pat-toomey-clinton-bigger-threat-trump

What we're witnessing on the right presently is unprecedented in my lifetime. A key house organ of the GOP, the National Review, puts out a special edition with 20 or so conservative thinkers included, dedicated solely to trying to stop Trump from becoming the party's candidate. There's no precedent for that. Other high level conservatives, dozens of them, echo the same concerns elsewhere. And that number now is growing daily. Even Goldwater's candidacy did not gain this level of condemnation from his own party's leaders.
blatham

Thu 11 Aug, 2016 04:18 pm
Another blow to GOP voter suppression in NC https://thinkprogress.org/breaking-north-carolinas-state-legislative-districts-struck-down-as-a-racial-gerrymander-1de42efeb2db#.91uzl2ew4
Quote:
About two weeks ago, a federal appeals court struck down many key provisions of a comprehensive voter suppression law enacted by North Carolina’s GOP-controlled legislature. The court’s opinion was brutal, calling these lawmakers out for using data on racial voting patterns in an intentional effort to construct a law that would prevent many African-Americans from voting.

On Wednesday, North Carolina Republicans received another raft of bad news from a federal court — a three-judge panel struck down the state legislative maps as an unconstitutional racial gerrymander. Although the court’s opinion in Covington v. North Carolina is considerably less harsh in tone than the Fourth Circuit’s opinion halting much of the state’s voter suppression law, the loss of these maps is still a blow to Republicans.
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 11 Aug, 2016 04:22 pm
Thanks a lot Obama! You economy-destroying bolshevik muslim American-hating slime.

Quote:
Stocks rallied and the Dow, S&P 500 and Nasdaq all hit new closing highs Thursday, bolstered by a strong earnings report from department store Macy's, fresh data showing the labor market remains solid and a rebound in oil prices.

It's the first time all three major market gauges have set new closing marks on the same day since 1999 — specifically, New Year's Eve of that year.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/markets/2016/08/11/stocks-dow--sp500-thursday-wall-street/88557406/
blatham

Thu 11 Aug, 2016 04:33 pm
Winner of our prestigious "Doh! of the Dhay" award.

Sen Mark Kirk says he'll be writing in Colin Powell when he votes in November. He can't, in good conscience, vote for Hillary because of the Iran deal.

And here's Colin Powell defending the Iran deal http://www.politico.com/story/2015/09/powell-defends-iranian-nuclear-deal-213375
blatham

Thu 11 Aug, 2016 05:33 pm
Jeet Heer ‏@HeerJeet 32m32 minutes ago
Jeet Heer Retweeted Leigh Appleby
The Secret Service used to defend presidential candidates. Now it defends people FROM a president candidate.
RABEL222

Thu 11 Aug, 2016 06:01 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
McCain and Romney lost because they wouldn't play the game like their opponents.

You mean they wouldent lie through their teeth like good little conservatives?
revelette2

Thu 11 Aug, 2016 06:07 pm
@blatham,
Very Happy
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Thu 11 Aug, 2016 06:09 pm
@blatham,
You didn't even mention his name.
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 11 Aug, 2016 06:13 pm
@RABEL222,
Finn said:
Quote:
McCain and Romney lost because they wouldn't play the game like their opponents.

Interesting concept. I wonder what lies they might have told that would have helped them out? Maybe that Obama founded ISIS? That his birth certificate is a forgery? That he's really a Muslim? That Obama is a liar?

But perhaps more to the point - what reason is Finn going to grasp onto when Trump gets utterly clobbered in November? The "He just didn't lie enough" probably won't do the trick.
blatham

Thu 11 Aug, 2016 06:24 pm
Just one more reason why America's level of gun ownership is a boon to family values and a safe environment for all.

Quote:
Between 2001 and 2012, 6,410 American women were killed by an intimate partner — more than the combined number of U.S. troops killed in action during the Iraq and Afghanistan wars.

https://thinkprogress.org/new-jersey-guns-domestic-violence-christie-veto-843c38c0532a#.220m2j5bt
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Thu 11 Aug, 2016 06:38 pm
@joefromchicago,
How many times are you going to ask me the same question. Every four years the Dems engage in a no holds barred fight for the ultimate position of power in this country. I don't particularly like it, but they ain't listening to me. It was Obama who referenced The Untouchables and Sean Connery's famous line about the Chicago Way when it came to elections. Republicans typically employ the Weinerville Way: "They bring a knife, we bring a nerf gun. They send one of our guys to the hospital, we send theirs flowers." Clinton is and will continue to make such attacks against Trump, and Trump has and will do the same, but his fat mouth prevented him from picking a low hanging fruit that was right there begging to be used.

I'm really not going to entertain any intellectually dishonest arguments that Dems don't employ such attacks.
Finn dAbuzz

Thu 11 Aug, 2016 06:43 pm
@Blickers,
No, they've not been too honest, too squeamish.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Thu 11 Aug, 2016 06:44 pm
@blatham,
And it must be giving you a thrill up you leg.
Finn dAbuzz

Thu 11 Aug, 2016 06:46 pm
@RABEL222,
No I mean they wouldn't fight as dirty as the Dems do. Is that really that tough a premise to understand?
0 Replies

Blickers

Thu 11 Aug, 2016 06:53 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
What do you call suppressing the votes of poor people, totally fair game?
0 Replies