When will Hillary Clinton give up her candidacy ?

ossobuco

Sat 2 Jul, 2016 03:09 pm
@blatham,
Have fun, guy. Save anecdotes from the trip, eh?
0 Replies

blatham

Sat 2 Jul, 2016 03:32 pm
@roger,
If they run this scam, and damned good chance they will try, the way it will be pushed is standard - "sources inside the FBI who can't reveal themselves but are close to the investigation..." Or, "Many in the FBI are clamoring for the head of the JD because the agency has been totally shut down by the Clinton/Obama cartel..." Or it will be some "retired agent(s) with deep connections at the very senior levels of the FBI...".

Then Fox will run with it, Hannity will run with it, Limbaugh will run with it and add to it, and all the newer operations will run with it and there'll be rage and fund-raising to save liberty, etc. They'll rage that the mainstream media - always on the side of the Clintons (these guys have a memory hole the size of Madagascar) is refusing to carry this story.

It is how they play this game. It is how they always play this game. Filegate, Whitewater, Foster, selling cocaine in Arkansas, all the mysterious murders around the Clintons, the corrupt Clinton Foundation, Bill is a homosexual like Hillary (that was Coulter), John Kerry and Swift Boat Veterans For Truth, etc.

Blickers

Sat 2 Jul, 2016 04:15 pm
@blatham,
That story is at least a month old. Various right wing posters on the internet have been saying that bit that the FBI will revolt if the report says not to indict, they will go public with the information, blah blah blah.
blatham

Sat 2 Jul, 2016 04:19 pm
And let's not forget that Obama is:
1) a Bolshevik
2) a Muslim
3) foreign born and his birth cert is a forgery and Hawaii is in on the coverup
4) more in love with ISIS than with America
5) is planning to take away everyone's guns
6) so deeply influenced by his father's notions of colonialism that he hates America
7) dead set with every fiber of his being to bring America to its knees
ehBeth

Sat 2 Jul, 2016 04:21 pm
@cicerone imposter,
that is from January

how long are you going to wait?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Sat 2 Jul, 2016 04:22 pm
@blatham,
they started working it close to a year ago

FBI is about to ...

hmmmmmm when did this thread start?

for all the OP says he doesn't follow the RW standard bearers in media, he sure knows their lines well
ehBeth

Sat 2 Jul, 2016 04:23 pm
@Blickers,
the piece c.i. posted has comments on it going back to at least January
0 Replies

ehBeth

Sat 2 Jul, 2016 04:27 pm
@georgeob1,
April 2015

georgeob1 wrote:
all suggest to me that Hillary Clinton's candidacy may be headed for a sudden collapse.

All of this appears to be gathering momentum fairly quickly

quick to flee from a damaged contender.

This is an element that could cause Hillary's remaining support, though still strong, to suddenly collapse.

Increasingly it seems much more likely to me.

sudden sudden quick quick

___

of course anything is possible but sudden/quick it's not
blatham

Sat 2 Jul, 2016 04:44 pm
@Blickers,
Yeah. Typical, isn't it. And we've got five months of this crap yet to go.

This looks like it will get very ugly. It isn't just that this sort of thinking and behavior is now the norm on the right, it is that for this cycle their candidate is such a catastrophe. Losses could be grievous. Satanic liberalism seems to be ascending again after a blessed period where it was in retreat. America and liberty are on the very edge of the precipice. Lots of Republican voters believe this **** because they've been made stupid. And lots of individuals and media operations and PR entities have been making really big bucks playing this con on stupid people - the same base who support Trump and despise the Clintons.

So now, what the hell can they do? A turn to the rational doesn't look imminent, except for some few and those few are being savaged by the extreme elements. Cantor's loss took me and everyone else by surprise. I didn't like the guy but I expect that if I got him drunk in private, his notions about Sarah Palin would have been pretty close to mine. And he got whupped by a ******* lunatic who loves Palin. That case is merely one of many such over a lot of years. Moderates were very successfully purged.

They are now stuck with this extremism. They brought it on themselves, of course, but that doesn't help America very much. And so the next few months looks like it is going to be insane. And then, after Clinton does win, likely by large margins, what? Another "autopsy" that won't be followed because the extremists won't allow that to happen. More Cruz-type behavior in the house and senate? Yes. Who'll stop them? What a ******* mess.
0 Replies

blatham

Sat 2 Jul, 2016 04:48 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
they started working it close to a year ago

It is hard to keep up with the garbage simple because of how much of it is out there. What is instantly recognizable, though, is the style of it.
0 Replies

blatham

Sat 2 Jul, 2016 04:51 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
georgeob1 wrote:
all suggest to me that Hillary Clinton's candidacy may be headed for a sudden collapse.

All of this appears to be gathering momentum fairly quickly

quick to flee from a damaged contender.

This is an element that could cause Hillary's remaining support, though still strong, to suddenly collapse.

Increasingly it seems much more likely to me.

George is an optimist.
0 Replies

blatham

Sat 2 Jul, 2016 05:54 pm
I expect some of you will have read this excellent bit of reporting at the Times from Oct 2013 on the conservative planning that led to the budget crisis which was going on at that time. What makes this reporting so valuable is who was involved in the planning (Ed Meese at the helm of a key meeting) and the Koch operations that forwarded and magnified the effort. If you haven't read it, you really should. These people aren't going away. They'll continue into this next cycle and beyond. These guys really believe and they have more money than God and they are well organized (understatement). http://nyti.ms/29e2p8R
cicerone imposter

Sat 2 Jul, 2016 05:57 pm
@blatham,
What is it that they have influenced that impacts the average joe?

Here's an article by Huff Post: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-greenwald/five-worst-things-the-koc_b_842307.html
blatham

Sat 2 Jul, 2016 06:02 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Read the piece, ci, and draw your own conclusions.

But I'll add to that piece a contemporary bit of reporting from Politico on what Ken Cuccinelli is up to these days (after his electoral defeat). If you were to come to the conclusion that he and Cruz are doing damage to the existing GOP so as to shift control over to the Koch operation, I wouldn't argue with that conclusion. http://politi.co/29e38XK

Went to the link you've added. It's a fairly good piece but there's really no substitute for ordering up and reading Mayer's "Dark Money". It is investigative reporting as good as it gets. You'll have to dedicate a lot of hours (it's big and it's thorough) but sometimes that's just necessary. The task is made much easier though as she's a hell of a writer and terribly smart.
0 Replies

blatham

Sat 2 Jul, 2016 06:07 pm
Now I really have to quit yakking.
0 Replies

Lash

Sat 2 Jul, 2016 07:15 pm
@blatham,
Or, Obama just lied about s lot of stuff
Has more wars going than Bush did
Has killed many more people via drone
Signed a get out of jail free card for Monsanto
Is pushing global neoliberalism by sticking his nose in Britain's business

Not a monster, but not the angel his sycophants portray.
0 Replies

Lash

Sat 2 Jul, 2016 08:15 pm
MEANWHILE, the Clintons suck.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/02/politics/hillary-clinton-fbi-interview-bill-clinton/index.html

parados

Sat 2 Jul, 2016 09:15 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote:

I'll just note that substantial evidence has accumulated indicating the Hillary knowingly and with intent evaded the use of government provided e mail systems for the conduct of her official duties, as provided for in existing law and in directives she herself issued

Care to point to the actual law that makes this a crime?
I won't hold my breath while I wait for you to find such a law. Before someone can be charged with a crime you first have to identify an actual and very real law that exists. There is no law that states it is illegal to not use government email.

There is no law that makes it illegal for a government employee to use personal email. Failure to follow procedure is not a crime. You can not identify an actual law nor can you identify anyone ever charged with this law that you have not produced.
parados

Sat 2 Jul, 2016 09:17 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote:
Some, as you say, require knowledge and intent. Other require only gross neglegence.

Really? Care to point to that specific law? Once again, I won't hold my breath. Wishful thinking on your part does not a law make.
cicerone imposter

Sat 2 Jul, 2016 09:19 pm
@parados,
This might shed some light:
https://www.govloop.com/community/blog/11tipsonemailretention/