When will Hillary Clinton give up her candidacy ?

revelette2

Fri 1 Jul, 2016 02:02 pm
@georgeob1,
Just did on edit, from CNN, a reputable news source.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Fri 1 Jul, 2016 02:05 pm
@revelette2,
Who is "a law enforcement official, familiar with the matter"? Possibly the AG's assistant. Sounds like a bland, vague and possibly evasive denial. I don't put a lot of value on it, though you may do do.
revelette2

Fri 1 Jul, 2016 02:07 pm
@georgeob1,
There is no need to recuse herself if she goes by the recommendation of the FBI and the career agents who work for AG office who have been handling the investigation in the first place. So yes, her saying she will go by their recommendation is good enough for me because it means she will not go over their heads like Holder did with Petraeus.
Baldimo

Fri 1 Jul, 2016 02:08 pm
@revelette2,
This in no way points to an FBI official being there. It says the FBI security detail didn't stop him from getting on the plane, it doesn't say they were on the plane or heard the discussion, only that they didn't stop Clinton from getting on the plane.
revelette2

Fri 1 Jul, 2016 02:09 pm
@georgeob1,
There was a FBI detail with Lynch when she happened to run into Clinton, I imagine that detail reported to someone higher up and that is how that someone knows the details. Yes it is good enough for me.
revelette2

Fri 1 Jul, 2016 02:13 pm
@Baldimo,
Someone familiar with the details said no officials business was discussed. He/she is familiar more than likely because the detail who was present reported the details to him/her. It ain't rocket science to figure out.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Fri 1 Jul, 2016 02:14 pm
@revelette2,
Just happen to run into Clinton? They weren't at the mall and just stumbled into each other...
revelette2

Fri 1 Jul, 2016 02:32 pm
@Baldimo,
No they were at some sort of airport.
0 Replies

roger

Fri 1 Jul, 2016 02:34 pm
@revelette2,

revelette2 wrote:

I seriously think this was just another bad decision by Bill Clinton who simply doesn't care what people think and it is bad optics, but I seriously doubt anything official was discussed with witnesses around. The FBI official who was there said no official business was discussed.

Did you absolutely have to follow the crowd and say 'optics'?
Baldimo

Fri 1 Jul, 2016 02:37 pm
@roger,
You know talking points... the very same thing they accuse everyone else of using.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Fri 1 Jul, 2016 02:41 pm
@revelette2,
I think you don't know the meaning of recuse.
RABEL222

Fri 1 Jul, 2016 02:55 pm
@snood,
Isent Baldy the one who brought up his wife? If he dont want people refering to her meeting with the FBI he shouldent have brought it up.
0 Replies

revelette2

Fri 1 Jul, 2016 03:24 pm
@roger,
Guess I do, should have stuck to looks bad?
revelette2

Fri 1 Jul, 2016 03:26 pm
@georgeob1,
re·cuse

/riˈkyo͞oz/

verb
North American

verb: recuse; 3rd person present: recuses; past tense: recused; past participle: recused; gerund or present participle: recusing

challenge (a judge, prosecutor, or juror) as unqualified to perform legal duties because of a possible conflict of interest or lack of impartiality.
"a motion to recuse the prosecutor"

•(of a judge) excuse oneself from a case because of a possible conflict of interest or lack of impartiality.
"the Justice Department demanded that he recuse himself from the case"

Next word?
0 Replies

Lash

Fri 1 Jul, 2016 03:52 pm
@revelette2,
It always is.
0 Replies

revelette2

Fri 1 Jul, 2016 04:03 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
This in no way points to an FBI official being there. It says the FBI security detail didn't stop him from getting on the plane, it doesn't say they were on the plane or heard the discussion, only that they didn't stop Clinton from getting on the plane.

I was a little distracted the last I responded, had a headache but it has eased.

In any case, the FBI detail was with Lynch who was on the plane. I assume he or she was on the plane with Lynch. Would have been odd if he or she was just wondering around. More than likely he or she (the FBI detail who was with Lynch) reported the meeting between lynch and Bill Clinton to the person CNN said was familiar with the event. That person who is familiar with the event said there was no discussion of the investigation.

Quote:

According to a law enforcement official familiar with the matter, the former president saw Lynch's plane on the tarmac and walked onto her aircraft. Lynch's FBI security detail did not stop Clinton and he proceeded to initiate an extended conversation that included discussion of grandchildren. Lynch was surprised to see Clinton walking onto her plane, the official said, and no Justice Department business was discussed.

0 Replies

blatham

Fri 1 Jul, 2016 04:03 pm
One RW dude wrote a page or two back...
Quote:
Of course she won't be indicted. Obama and Lynch are going to make sure it doesn't happen.

I trust that we all understand that our un-careful RW friends here will maintain such a position absolutely regardless of the findings of investigatory panels (whether 6 or 7 or 23 of them) or the coming FBI conclusions. That's why we humbly suggest that they've enthusiastically dived right over the edge with cuckoo flags flying.
roger

Fri 1 Jul, 2016 04:09 pm
@revelette2,
Better for me. Do what works for you.
georgeob1

Fri 1 Jul, 2016 04:12 pm
@blatham,
Well since neither you nor they (whoever they might be) don't really know that outcome as will be determined by the only legally empowered investigatory panel, what do your words really mean? To what investigory panels are you referring?

I could also note that many (unlike you I can't speak for most or all) Democrats and "LW" poster here have indicated near certainty that Hillary will not be indicted under any circumstance. Does that imply that they know the fix is in? ... or perhaps they are cuckoo as well.
revelette2

Fri 1 Jul, 2016 04:12 pm
@roger,
Quote:
Do what works for you.

Why thanks roger.
0 Replies