When will Hillary Clinton give up her candidacy ?

revelette2

Mon 2 May, 2016 03:48 pm
@maporsche,
Actually I understand but your image of the map didn't work, you need to post a link, if you did, I haven't seen it but will look.
Blickers

@Lash,
Quote Lash:
Quote:
It is the practice of decent people to provide links to prove what THEY say.

Why don't you??

So now I am accused of indecency by posting factual information? It's always about Lash and her victimization, isn't it? There is nothing wrong with posting factual reports, link or no link. Yet, you continue to provoke a generally hysterical tone on the board.

If you want to make a charge of indecency, simply look up and show that the following polls did not have those numbers. I will repeat them:
Investor's Business Daily/TIPP Poll. April 22-28, 2016.
Hillary...47............Trump...40

Suffolk University/USA Today. April 20-24,
Hillary...50............Trump...39

George Washington University Battleground Poll April 17-20, 2016.
Hillary... 46............Trump...43

NBC News/Wall Street Journal Poll April 10-14,
Hillary... 50............Trump...39

Prove I'm lying.
maporsche

@farmerman,
No doubt he will. If only cows could vote.

I hope that comforts him when he goes back to doing his reality TV show and writing angry tweets.
0 Replies

maporsche

Mon 2 May, 2016 03:49 pm
@revelette2,
I posted the article twice now, but here's a link directly to the image:

https://aw1nlndhc2hpbmd0b25wb3n0lmnvbq00.g00.www.washingtonpost.com/g00/TU9SRVBIRVVTMyRodHRwczovL2ltZy53YXNoaW5ndG9ucG9zdC5jb20vd3AtYXBwcy9pbXJzLnBocD9zcmM9aHR0cHM6Ly9pbWcud2FzaGluZ3RvbnBvc3QuY29tL2Jsb2dzL3RoZS1maXgvZmlsZXMvMjAxNi8wNS9TY3JlZW4tU2hvdC0yMDE2LTA1LTAyLWF0LTIuMjEuNTMtUE0ucG5nJnc9MTQ4NA%3D%3D/$/$
BillRM

Mon 2 May, 2016 03:51 pm
@maporsche,
You might find it interesting to look at the bookies sites such as http://www.oddsshark.com/entertainment/us-presidential-odds-2016-futures.

At the moment they all are in favor of Hillary.
0 Replies

maporsche

Mon 2 May, 2016 03:52 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

******* GA and SC, crazypants. You can't be this ignorant. Those are only the first two on the top of my head.

Oh, and HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAH.

A democratic candidate hasn't won SC since 1976 and one hasn't won GA since 1992. Tell me why it's critically important that Clinton wins them this year??

http://www.270towin.com/historical-presidential-elections/
Lash

@farmerman,
Name one time I've been insincere.

I'm a lot of things, but that's not one.
0 Replies

revelette2

@maporsche,
Sorry, I seen it a second ago.

https://img.washingtonpost.com/wp-apps/imrs.php?src=https://img.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/files/2016/05/Screen-Shot-2016-05-02-at-2.21.53-PM.png&w=500

Quote:
And here's the underlying math. If Clinton wins the 19 states (and D.C.) that every Democratic nominee has won from 1992 to 2012, she has 242 electoral votes. Add Florida's 29 and you get 271. Game over.

The Republican map — whether with Trump, Cruz or the ideal Republican nominee (Paul Ryan?) as the standard-bearer — is decidedly less friendly. There are 13 states that have gone for the GOP presidential nominee in each of the last six elections. But they only total 102 electorate votes. That means the eventual nominee has to find, at least, 168 more electoral votes to get to 270. Which is a hell of a lot harder than finding 28 electoral votes.

source
Lash

Mon 2 May, 2016 03:54 pm
@BillRM,
Hey. Don't believe me - read!! The polls are fresh.
0 Replies

Lash

Mon 2 May, 2016 03:56 pm
@Blickers,
Nope. You read poorly. I'm not a victim. Just telling you that people here post live links to what they are asserting.

Do it.
0 Replies

maporsche

Mon 2 May, 2016 03:56 pm
@revelette2,
Thanks for making it smaller.

Now if someone could tell me which of the states in blue are going to go to Trump, I'd love to discuss that.

Keep in mind, 19 of these states (not FL) have voted for the democratic candidate in the last 6 elections (Obama, Obama, Kerry, Gore, Clinton, Clinton).

Florida is the only additional state that Hillary would need to win in order to win the presidency. If she picks up ANY other state it would just be gravy. If she loses Florida, then she'd need to find 29 other EC votes (OH & VA for example), but really she just needs FL.

Someone explain how Trump is going to win this thing?
0 Replies

Blickers

Mon 2 May, 2016 03:59 pm
@Lash,
Quote Lash:
Quote:
A new poll spells a loss for HRC against Donald.

The new "poll" - note the quotation marks-is the Rasmussen Poll.

The Rasmussen poll favors the Republicans to a huge degree. For instance, in the 2000 race, the last Rasmussen Poll the shortly before the election showed George W. Bush with a nine point lead in the popular vote over Al Gore. At which point, it became quite impossible for anyone except a Republican to take the Rasmussen Poll seriously.

The very fact that you quote the Rasmussen Poll again shows you are a not a progressive, but rather the same conservative you always were, only pretending to be a progressive in order to attack the Democrats' strongest candidate seemingly from the left instead of the right. However, your criticisms of Hillary are the same old worn out baloney the Republicans have been throwing at her and Bill for years.

And now, your use of the conservatives' favorite poll, the Rasmussen Poll, cinches it. There can be no doubt anymore that your alleged switching of political sides was a ruse.
maporsche

Mon 2 May, 2016 04:02 pm
@Blickers,
Blickers it doesn't matter what ANY head to head nationwide poll says.

All you have to do is show her this map to HRC's victory in November and ask her to explain which of these 20 states is going to end up voting for Trump (and why, and what proof she has). She may be losing it, but I think she still understands how the electoral college works and that it's the only thing that matters in November.

https://img.washingtonpost.com/wp-apps/imrs.php?src=https://img.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/files/2016/05/Screen-Shot-2016-05-02-at-2.21.53-PM.png&w=500
Blickers

Mon 2 May, 2016 04:06 pm
@maporsche,
I get your point. It should be mentioned that the President who wins the overall popular vote by at least two points has always won the presidency-the divergence from the Electoral College vote has only happened if the popular vote margin was less than 2%.

Yes, you are right, it is the Electoral College votes that actually elects the president. However, the popular vote polls, especially this far out before the election, are a useful indicator.
0 Replies

Lash

Mon 2 May, 2016 04:30 pm
@Blickers,
I've been here for 16 years, and every year - everyone - is tasked to provide a link to prove their assertion.

You're no different.
Lash

Mon 2 May, 2016 04:32 pm
@maporsche,
Yes. You win that post. I misunderstood your question.

Hahahahahaha. I laugh at myself.

Meanwhile, Hillary can't beat Trump.

Hahahahahaha. I laugh at you.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Mon 2 May, 2016 04:35 pm
I saved an article in Salon, which showed up in Google News, but didn't read it for days since I have never liked the writer, Camille Paglia. I forget all the whys of that, but that is over years. It's from April 21 and maybe it has already been discussed here. I'll call it vitriolic re Hillary, but we're used to that. I have been grumpy about her re some issues, but this is way past that.

I bring this up since I finally read it, desktop cleaning, and she mentions a health issue that I bet pops up in future articles elsewhere. The issue isn't all that bad, not a reason for not becoming president, but it could get in her way..

Health is an issue with any candidate, but especially older ones. And Sanders is even older..
One of the many things I've liked about Obama (not that he gets my ok on everything, but given the situation, pretty OK) is that he has been in good health shape all these years now.
Therefore, I think the article is worth a read for her observations re health, even though I don't like the article or the writer.

http://www.salon.com/2016/04/21/enough_with_the_hillary_cult_her_admirers_ignore_reality_dream_of_worshipping_a_queen/

To make up for posting this generalized vitriol, I promise to go read the article Snood posted by Kareem Abdul Jabbar writing about Hillary; that's been on the desktop too. Busy desktop.
0 Replies

Lash

Mon 2 May, 2016 04:47 pm
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ChZntBgWMAA_OmV.jpg
farmerman

Mon 2 May, 2016 04:49 pm
@Lash,
Well, all that graphic means is that REAL progressives understand doodley squat.
Lash

Mon 2 May, 2016 04:56 pm
@farmerman,
I think it means the fake progressives should just start calling themselves Republicans.

I want safe water - among other things...
0 Replies