When will Hillary Clinton give up her candidacy ?

Lash

Thu 2 Jul, 2015 09:28 pm
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CI87LGOWcAAlIQw.png
hawkeye10

Thu 2 Jul, 2015 11:51 pm
@Lash,
Hillary continues to disappoint. Nothing ever changes
hawkeye10

Fri 3 Jul, 2015 12:10 am
@hawkeye10,
these emails I think do a lot of damage to her. We already dont think she is honest. we already dont think she has ever gotten much done. We already dont think she is like us. these emails reinforce that
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Fri 3 Jul, 2015 02:14 am
@Lash,
Keep being part of the progressive side of America determined to see that the Democrats lose this next presidential election, Lash...

...and you may very well be successful.

With the effort you folk are putting into this suicide...it certainly would not surprise me.
Lash

Fri 3 Jul, 2015 07:03 am
@Frank Apisa,
I respect and support Bernie Sanders.
Thomas

Fri 3 Jul, 2015 07:09 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
With the effort you folk are putting into this suicide...it certainly would not surprise me.

Your statement assumes, as lawyers like to say, a fact not in evidence: that the Democratic Party would commit political suicide by running Sanders as their candidate for president. What is your evidence for this putative fact?
Frank Apisa

Fri 3 Jul, 2015 08:20 am
@Lash,
Good for you. He seems to be a decent individual. I support his goals.

He would be a disaster as head of the Dem ticket.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Fri 3 Jul, 2015 08:24 am
@Thomas,
Wake up. Smell some of the roses...and the coffee.

Why do you suppose so many of the Republican candidates talk about being the most conservative...

...and damn near no Dem ever suggests he/she is the most liberal?

Liberals have allowed American conservatives to make the word "liberal" into a curse.

Bernie Sanders as the Dem candidate would be a disaster.
Lash

Fri 3 Jul, 2015 08:29 am
@Thomas,
Didn't they think that about Obama? Here's some background about our next pres...(grin)

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/04/us/politics/bernie-sanderss-revolutionary-roots-were-nurtured-in-60s-vermont.html?_r=0
Thomas

Fri 3 Jul, 2015 08:55 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
Wake up. Smell some of the roses...and the coffee.

I asked you for evidence. Are you implying that roses, coffee, counter-questions, and repeating your assertion constitute evidence? It's okay if you can't or don't want to answer my question, but in that case I'd prefer if you just said so.
Thomas

Fri 3 Jul, 2015 09:07 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:
Here's some background about our next pres...(grin)

Interesting! Smile
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Fri 3 Jul, 2015 09:30 am
@Thomas,
Quote:
I asked you for evidence. Are you implying that roses, coffee, counter-questions, and repeating your assertion constitute evidence? It's okay if you can't or don't want to answer my question, but in that case I'd prefer if you just said so.

Obviously you have mistaken me for someone who cares what you prefer, Thomas, unless it is brands of beer, of course.

This country is not ready for a left of center national figure...let alone someone on the extreme left. Anyone who needs "evidence" of that is in denial so deep, I would not even give it a stab. (The "evidence" is all around you...in newspapers, magazines, radio, television...and the grassroots marketplace.)

If you do not think Sanders would be a disaster for the Dems...support him. I am confident enough people who want to protect and expand progressive programs will see support for him as naive, counterproductive showboating....so that he will never get even near the top of the ticket.

The Republicans cannot be given any freebies this next election...and Sanders or Warren would be a freebie of monumental proportions.

Or at least, that is my opinion.
Lash

Fri 3 Jul, 2015 10:12 am
@Frank Apisa,
I remember a conversation somewhere in these pages wherein I was arguing with people a lot smarter than me. Yes, I'm aware that almost every time I speak here that is the case, but nevertheless, I was correct.

They said the US wasn't ready for a black president. They said the evidence proved it - there hadn't been one.

I said that wasn't an indicator of readiness.

Same applies here. I think some of you may be underestimating the fury of regular people who feel isolated from our government due to the corruption between CEOs, banksters, other moneyed crooks and our elected officials. Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren feel it too and when we hear them talk, we feel kinship with them.

Millions of people sought them out on Twitter and other social media literally begging them to run and give us a weapon against those who are selling us out. Bernie said yes. He's old as ****, but he's sacrificing the last years of his life to bern it down and build it better.

This is no longer just an election. It's a political revolution. It is a massive movement against the status quo. Occupy the Oval. I hope you'll decide to be a part of this incredible moment in American history.

We ARE ready.

engineer

Fri 3 Jul, 2015 10:27 am
@Lash,
I think a lot of people are ignoring the spectrum of candidates out there. It isn't Hillary or Bernie. The Democratic declared candidates are: Lincoln Chafee, Hillary Clinton, Martin O'Malley, Bernie Sanders and Jim Webb. That is a pretty respectable crew. Depending on your hot button issues, one of these might stand out over another but I'd be good with any of the five in the White House based on what I know now. (We'll see what comes from the campaign.) Maybe we should start a thread for each party where we discuss the issues; a compare and contrast type of thing.
0 Replies

Lash

Fri 3 Jul, 2015 10:38 am
Trying to read between engineer's lines. I'm guessing talk about various reasons why Hillary should give up the candidacy are smiled upon here, but not laser focus on one reason (Bernie). Is that a fair translation, engineer?

Lash

Fri 3 Jul, 2015 10:45 am
I'm not sure anyone mentioned this - or if many of you frequent Twitter - but the progressives are furious with Hillary for
1. refusing to say #blacklivesmatter at an African American rally. I think she uses and dismisses black Democrats when she feels she needs to prop up southern white support. She discounts that the black vote is in her back pocket. I think I saw a poll that showed black support waning.
2. She was very late to the marriage equality party.
3. She's cast as a Monsanto, citibank profiteer.
4. Her email dump had some additional personal ugliness and uncovered middlin lies, though no smoking guns on crucial stuff.

There were two or three articles stating Biden was entering - and you KNOW that would never happen unless the Dem mindtrust really thought she was in serious trouble.

http://freebeacon.com/politics/cnn-poll-shows-hillary-clinton-shine-has-tarnished-losing-support-of-independents/ 50% unfavorable rating.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Fri 3 Jul, 2015 12:49 pm
@Lash,
Lash...you and the others who advocate for people like Sanders and Warren are free to do so.

It is my opinion that putting someone as far left as either of those two at the top of the ticket would be committing political suicide for the Democrats.

I do not think it is going to happen.

In any case, the idea seems to have a lot more appeal to people who frequent places like Internet discussion boards...than among the general public.

We'll see what happens when the primary season begins.

But if the far left gets enough control to force a move to a far left candidate...that candidate will get slaughtered in November...

...and it will take a heck of a lot more than "Sorry, I guess we were wrong" to deal with the results of what will happen if the Republicans get majority control of both houses of congress and the White House...and, by default, the judiciary.

I dread the thought.

I lament the thought that this side of the spectrum has become as blind to the political dangers of extremism as the other side. I thought we were smarter than that.
0 Replies

engineer

Fri 3 Jul, 2015 02:36 pm
@Lash,
No, not at all. I don't expect anyone to give up their candidacy before the first primary. My point was that you don't have to see Clinton and Sanders and opposite ends of the poles. If you aren't leaning towards Clinton, that doesn't mean you need to support Sanders. I'm hoping for a great Democratic primary season with lots of discussion on the issues.
Lash

Fri 3 Jul, 2015 05:48 pm
@engineer,
Dude. Sanders is the only one in the race as far as I'm concerned.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/07/01/1398125/-Bernie-Sanders-Is-Crashing-the-Gates?detail=facebook

He's crashing the gate and I'm blocking for him. Like I've said elsewhere, this isn't an election - it's a political revolution.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Sat 4 Jul, 2015 12:49 am
@Lash,
Do you realize that the house and the senate is republican. That leads me to believe that the majority of the country is conservative. What we do not need is another republican president appointing ultra conservative judges to the Supreme Court. I love Bernie and would love to have him as president, but he is ultra liberal and in this day and age wouldent get the backing you seem to think he would. If the people ever get back to electing liberal legislators I would vote for Bernie or Elizabeth for president in a heartbeat but not today.