When will Hillary Clinton give up her candidacy ?

Frank Apisa

Wed 23 Dec, 2015 10:26 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

Snood, it wasn't deflection. The DNC breached their own contract in their response to the Sanders team accessing Clinton data. From what he said, I think sanders will pursue it because he thinks the Clinton team breached his data. He alluded to this during the debate.

Considering the fact that most Sanders supporters claim his donations come from $10 contributors...and the Clinton donations come from mega-millionaires, it would seem that Clinton trying to steal from the Sanders data base would be like Stephen Hawking stealing ideas about physics from Irwin Corey.
0 Replies

snood

Wed 23 Dec, 2015 12:09 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Just check the snopes article on the Bernie sanders thing. They tell the entire thing. I posted it on a2k once, but I don't think many people read it. It was on Robert's thread about it.

Since you're the one who made the claim that this same thing was easily verifiable to have been done before by Hillary and Obama, I think it's only fair that instead of sending me off to search, you provide some backup - maybe just a snippet of support with a link.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Wed 23 Dec, 2015 12:18 pm
@edgarblythe,
Did you read the Snopes piece? I've read it a couple of times now. It doesn't say what you suggest.
snood

Wed 23 Dec, 2015 12:42 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

Did you read the Snopes piece? I've read it a couple of times now. It doesn't say what you suggest.

It seems that some Bernie supporters think that repeating negative rumors about Hillary should carry the same weight as documented occurances.

The Bernie camp was caught trying to cheat. They have admitted to the wrongdoing and will submit to an impartial audit for the purpose of assuring that the data theft was limited and none was stored.
That stands undisputed. I don't like the Bernie supporters responding to undisputed fact with innuendo, rumor and insulting commentary about their 'adversary'. It's the sole response I've seen them provide since the data breach story broke.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Wed 23 Dec, 2015 02:23 pm
For anyone interested, just type <snopes, bernie sander's campaign>.
0 Replies

blatham

Wed 23 Dec, 2015 03:30 pm
One day, I hope to be the subject of a Snopes entry. Something such as...

"Bernie Latham, Canadian blogger and roust-about, once made love to Sarah Palin for five hours straight while he was wearing logging boots and liberty-bell earrings. And while listening to Louis Prima.

True."
Frank Apisa

Wed 23 Dec, 2015 03:40 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

One day, I hope to be the subject of a Snopes entry. Something such as...

"Bernie Latham, Canadian blogger and roust-about, once made love to Sarah Palin for five hours straight while he was wearing logging boots and liberty-bell earrings. And while listening to Louis Prima.

True."

I got a boner just reading that.
blatham

Wed 23 Dec, 2015 04:00 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Yeah. I do that to American guys a lot.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Wed 23 Dec, 2015 04:05 pm
@ehBeth,
If you read Robert's thread about it, he saw it too. Only if the article was edited would it not have that.
ehBeth

Wed 23 Dec, 2015 04:15 pm
@edgarblythe,
http://www.snopes.com/bernie-sanders-campaign-data-breach-controversy/

Quote:
WHAT'S TRUE: During a brief security lapse due to a bug on the part of third-party campaign information data company NGP VAN, four staffers from the Bernie Sanders campaign had unauthorized access to limited data pertaining to the Hillary Clinton campaign. The DNC has since pledged to restore the Sanders campaign's access to the voter files.

WHAT'S FALSE: The data were accessed over a lengthy period; the data were "exported" or otherwise extracted; the data were of high value to the Sanders campaign.

WHAT'S UNDETERMINED:
What the staffers' intent in accessing the data was; whether the Clinton campaign engaged in similar activity during the 2008 campaign but was unsanctioned (as asserted in a suit filed by Sanders' campaign against the DNC); under precisely which circumstances the staffers accessed the information; the manner in which the proprietary software operated and the ease with which such data might be accessed deliberately or inadvertently.

Quote:
LAST UPDATED: 19 December 2015

edgarblythe wrote:

I don't understand why they made a headline of it over Bernie and the breach, when it is easily verifiable that Hillary and Barak did it to each other .

nope. not so much
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Wed 23 Dec, 2015 04:18 pm
Robert Gentel
4REPLYQUOTEREPORT Sat 19 Dec, 2015 09:07 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
According to the Snopes article I linked above, Hillary did the same thing to Obama.

And Obama staffers admit to doing the same thing to Hillary (they noticed they could query her data, ran some queries to see what they could see but ultimately this information has little value to them and that was that), but DNC didn't suspend anyone else who did this previously. Signature
Acutely Allergic to, yet Beset By, Countless Cases of, Damned Daftitude.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Wed 23 Dec, 2015 04:35 pm
The difference between me and the Hillary crowd is, I don't need to lie to tear her down. But Bernie is a cut above that stuff.
snood

Wed 23 Dec, 2015 04:52 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

The difference between me and the Hillary crowd is, I don't need to lie to tear her down. But Bernie is a cut above that stuff.

Edgar... you haven't posted or cited anything that says what you were asserting - that "Hillary and Barak did the same thing" as the Bernie staffers did. It doesn't matter how many different ways you say it, or how many ways you throw shade and innuendo at Hillary's campaign, you haven't cited or said anything that backs up that claim. Period.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Wed 23 Dec, 2015 05:03 pm
@edgarblythe,
So where's the link to something you claim is easily verifiable?

__

The Hillary crowd? who is that at A2k other than Frank (I'm assuming he's still a Hillary in the primary guy) and perhaps Revelette
blatham

Wed 23 Dec, 2015 05:17 pm
@ehBeth,
You folks can put me in the Hillary camp. I have little doubt as regards her competency and work ethic. I would prefer a more populist candidate but on the other hand, I want someone well-versed in what the modern GOP has become and familiar with how it operates and who is capable, so much as is reasonably possible, to deal with this malformed political entity.

But the most critical criterion for me is someone who looks to be the most likely candidate to prevent the WH from falling under conservative power. A GOP congress and WH now would be a disaster at a level that scares the hell out of me. Just the Supreme Court alone, if more movement conservatives are nominated, will mean that you guys are screwed for the next several decades.

Surely not everyone will agree that she's the best barrier to all this but that's my take.
ehBeth

Wed 23 Dec, 2015 05:24 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:
you guys are screwed

?

given that you've addressed me I must be part of "you guys" - so gotta ask what group you've attached me to
Frank Apisa

Wed 23 Dec, 2015 05:25 pm
I would certainly vote for Hillary Clinton in the primary...but I do not get a vote. I am a registered Independent...so I'm on the outside during primary season.

That does not stop me from recommending that she is the better choice for people who are interested in a win during the General Election in November.

I do so recommend.
0 Replies

blatham

Wed 23 Dec, 2015 06:02 pm
@ehBeth,
Wow. How silly of me. Not least because of everyone I know on this board, you're the only one I've imagined covered in Quebec maple syrup.
ehBeth

Wed 23 Dec, 2015 06:14 pm
@blatham,
http://i5.walmartimages.com/dfw/dce07b8c-1f67/k2-_e2d2a9fb-a645-43d2-9bc7-485e93ab6cc1.v1.jpg
blatham

Wed 23 Dec, 2015 06:43 pm
@ehBeth,
No. I said you covered, not me.