When will Hillary Clinton give up her candidacy ?

Lash

Tue 17 Nov, 2015 05:29 am
I was reading articles on facebook and Twitter - and came upon a headline "Abedin says Clinton 'often confused,'" so I clicked on and read a few connected articles - and wound up on a site that seemed a little sketchy primarily due to REALLY fantastical narratives about Hillary, this Huma Abedin -Hillary's shadow - and weird Islamic ties.

As much as I can't stand Hillary, I'm definitely not immediately buying all of these accusations, BUT I think this material should be read by everyone. Is there merit to any of the inferences that are screaming through this narrative?

See for yourself.

http://www.judicialwatch.org/press-room/press-releases/judicial-watch-email-reveals-top-aide-huma-abedin-warning-state-department-staffer-that-hillary-clinton-is-often-confused/

http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/individualProfile.asp?indid=2557

Might be a right-wing hatchet job, but I'll be running some of this info down just to make sure.
0 Replies

snood

Tue 17 Nov, 2015 05:56 am
Lash, in the midst of this interminably long election dance (the length of which is a uniquely American, unnecessary perversion that defeats the purpose of simply and sensibly hiring the best candidate for the job - but that's another subject), I think there's a version of a possible outcome that it would be wise to consider.

What if this is how it looks the day after the election? Hillary is our first female president elect. She is not ruled by the same kind of clearly calibrated moral compass as is Bernie, but she can at least be counted on to direct her efforts toward pleasing those voters who can give her a second term. Bernie is now arguably the most powerful Senator in the senate, with a huge national following, and a bully pulpit that is heeded all over the world. And he is in a position to exert unprecedented amounts of pressure on the executive branch.

I know this is not the future that ride-or-die Bernie supporters want. I'm just saying that it makes sense to at least acknowledge that this is a version of reality that is highly possible of coming true.
revelette2

Tue 17 Nov, 2015 07:12 am
@snood,
I honestly have no hard feelings for Lash, but it is my view, she wants to Hillary to loose and loose badly more than she wants Bernie Sanders ideas to survive the election. Just saying. Even Bernie Sanders will end up speaking for Hillary after the primary.
snood

Tue 17 Nov, 2015 07:36 am
@revelette2,
Yeah... Lash is a smart individual and I respect her views, but I think this is a weak spot in her reasoning. Seeing Hillary as almost some metaphysical evil prevents her from dealing with some practical realities, IMO.
bobsal u1553115

Tue 17 Nov, 2015 10:32 am
@Frank Apisa,
All we need is a Democratic President with a Democratic Congress. The name of the President is not important, but the Democratic Congress will take the next three elections to get the more important Democratic Congress.
bobsal u1553115

Tue 17 Nov, 2015 10:36 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
She's still a better choice than anyone the Republicans are offering.

So would a rock.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Tue 17 Nov, 2015 10:36 am
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

All we need is a Democratic President with a Democratic Congress. The name of the President is not important, but the Democratic Congress will take the next three elections to get the more important Democratic Congress.

The president nominates people for the SCOTUS.

My comment went to that.

It is essential, in my opinion, for the Dems to retain control of the White House.
bobsal u1553115

Tue 17 Nov, 2015 10:41 am
@Baldimo,
She was with in the law, dummy. Change that GWB law which was written specifically to hide literally millions of Dick Cheney's e-mails.

I am shocked that anyone thinks its all right to take documentation of administrations out of documenting history.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Tue 17 Nov, 2015 10:42 am
@carloslebaron,
Saint Reagan wore Depends.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Tue 17 Nov, 2015 10:54 am
@Frank Apisa,
The President proposes and Congress disposes. Ask Reagan how the Bork or the Douglas Ginsburg nominations went, or ask Nixon how the Hruska nomination or Harald Carswell's went. Ask GWB how the Harriet Miers nomination went.

I'd trust most Democratic Presidential nominees, but it'd take a Democratic Congress to get them confirmed without deal making.
0 Replies

Lash

Tue 17 Nov, 2015 03:20 pm
@snood,
Hi. I think it's odd that you're always seeming to try to do an intervention on me. Why not just comment, or not, on the articles?
hawkeye10

Tue 17 Nov, 2015 04:59 pm
Quote:
(Reuters) - American voters are evenly split between Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump and Democratic rival Hillary Clinton as their top choice to address the issue of terrorism following the Paris attacks, a Reuters/Ipsos poll found.

Asked to choose between the entire field of 2016 presidential hopefuls, 20 percent of 1,106 respondents surveyed between Nov. 16-17 opted for Trump. An equal share picked Clinton.

Given Clinton's background as a former secretary of state it is perhaps not surprising that she did reasonably well in the poll. However, Trump's good showing upends an emerging narrative that the Paris shootings and suicide bombings would prompt voters to rethink their support for the real estate billionaire, who leads the field of Republican presidential candidates.

http://news.yahoo.com/exclusive-paris-americans-see-trump-clinton-most-able-190040495.html

That Trump is seen to be just as good on defending america against terrorism as clinton is really should pop some tops in the journalism corps. In their warped minds Trump is a joke. But that still leaves a question; why is Hillary getting so little mileage out of what was supposed to be her strong suit? I think maybe she fucked herself by taking the SS position, because she did not do anything with it as she clearly was ticket punching for the POTUS chair, and unfortunately not doing that job well has negative consequences for the nation. What Obama was or was not willing to let Hillary do does not matter, as Hillary still gets blamed for not talking Obama into doing the right thing. It looks to me like Hillary plans to hug Obama to defeat, she has missed just how unpopular Obama is, the R's have been right all along about that.
0 Replies

snood

Tue 17 Nov, 2015 05:32 pm
@Lash,
Ok, noted. (Funny - Intervention Smile )
0 Replies

RABEL222

Tue 17 Nov, 2015 06:58 pm
@snood,
Quote:
but I think this is a weak spot in her reasoning. Seeing Hillary as almost some metaphysical evil

Or she might be a conservative plant doing her best to get rid of the strongest democratic candidate by sounding like a Bernie voter.
ossobuco

Tue 17 Nov, 2015 07:31 pm
@RABEL222,
No to that.
RABEL222

Tue 17 Nov, 2015 07:38 pm
@ossobuco,
2000, she was a conservative, 2004 she was a conservative, 2008 she was a conservative, 2012 she was a conservative. 2016 she is a democrat?
ossobuco

Tue 17 Nov, 2015 07:42 pm
@RABEL222,
I told you before that I know her. A lot of us have met. We don't agree on a variety of things but I know she is sincere. Why do you keep bringing your distrust up? It's not particularly amusing.
Lash

Tue 17 Nov, 2015 07:44 pm
@RABEL222,
a "plant"

You need to get out more.

I'm probably more liberal than you are.

Certainly your racist screed about throwing the black women off the stage at Bernie's Washington rally clearly shows you're disgustingly conservative about equal rights.
0 Replies

Lash

Tue 17 Nov, 2015 07:45 pm
@ossobuco,
Thank you. I may have said a lot of things people don't agree with here, but I've never lied.
roger

Tue 17 Nov, 2015 07:51 pm
@Lash,
Funny that you are completely believable by people who have actually met you.