Need help and advice plz 😞

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2015 05:41 pm
I have been with my boyfriend for just over six months now and he seems to be more Interested in his ex who he has a child with , I was only seeing him on weekends and wanted to see him more so I bought him a cari have even paid his insurance for it and had a few repairs to the car fixed too every time he picks me up I give him fuel money but he will drive her about anywhere she asks and he doesn't take a penny from her he also forgot my birthday a few weeks ago I told him several times the week before that my birthday was soon and I told him three days before it too and he still forgot the only reason he remembered was when he went on to Facebook and seen other people wishing me a happy birthday and he didn't even buy me a card , I was really upset about it but I just laughed it off as if it wasn't a big deal , he managed to get his ex a card for her birthday from his son and I know that shouldn't annoy me but it does I feel like he is still interested in her more than me , he tells me about ten times a day that he loves me and I love him but I'm starting to wonder if he really means it , " am I just being jealous of his ex "?or should I be worried ? Plz help

jespah

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2015 06:28 pm
@Jamjam1982,
You're not imagining things. He is definitely more interested in her (and their son) than you. He's keeping you around because you buy him stuff.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2015 06:37 pm
@Jamjam1982,
Only six months and you buy him a car? I'm not even gonna start with what is wrong with that.

As far as the ex goes, understand that when you date someone with a child, the ex is part of the package in some form. Nothing you can do about it. And really, nothing you wrote here about her has any bearing on your relationship to him. Don't know why you would get overly upset about his forgetting your birthday, afterall, you've only been dating for 6 months. Heck, I've been married for nearly 33 years and I sometimes forget my wife's birthday. So I would give him a pass on that.

You say he drives her anywhere she asks but are you exaggerating a bit? Is he driving her places that involve their child? If so, get over it. If he is taking her places that have nothing to do with their child, then maybe you have a problem. In that case, not only do you have a boyfriend who seems to be mooching off of you, but one who is doing so while holding out hope of a reconciliation with the ex. Otherwise, why take her everywhere (if he really does as you stated.)

Stop putting gas in his car and if his being a taxi service for the ex bothers you, tell him to cut it out. If he won't, then maybe it is time to cut your losses.

A car? Really? After 6 months? I have a son I'd like you to meet. He needs a car and he is available. lol
chai2

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2015 07:04 pm
@CoastalRat,
I bought my husband a car, after about 17 or 18 years of marriage.
Jamjam1982

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2015 03:20 am
@CoastalRat,
The car is in my name but I bought it so I could see him more , and as for the ex no nothing I have said is an exaggeration I have kids of my own who go to there father but I'm not as involved in his life with my kids as my new partner is with his ex , taking her places that's to do with there son is not the problem it's when she uses him as a taxi service to be picked up from her friends and stuff like that I have a problem with I was just wanted to know if I was over reacting by this before I said anything to him , just wanted a point of view from someone else , I don't have a problem with him having a relationship with his ex as they have a child together but I feel there should be some sort of boundaries when it comes to an ex
0 Replies

Jamjam1982

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2015 03:21 am
@chai2,
The car is in my name he just drives it , I'm not that stupid to give him a car after just six months I just thought it would save us both money in the long run
Jamjam1982

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2015 03:25 am
Thank you everyone for your opinions on this I just needed an opinion from someone other than family and friends , I don't think I'm over reacting when it comes to the relationship with his ex but I guess it's going to be one of those things ,,,, either put up with it and shut up or leave lol ☺️
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2015 03:26 am
@Jamjam1982,
No you're not stupid and no one is suggesting that you are.

I bought my ex a motor bike, should have seen the look on his face, no one had ever, ever ,done that before.

After 2 months he wanted to trade it in and up-grade it? Use my money as the trade in, yep, cost $5k, give me $2.5 he did.

Otherwise he would have "taken" and sweet? He is possibly all about his child and will do ANYTHING for that child.

But here is the difference, if he was ready to move on, start a fresh, he would never, ever, ever, forget your birthday. He didn't forget hers.

Do not allow yourself to be used.

Keep the car and kick him to the curb.
Jamjam1982

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2015 03:38 am
@FOUND SOUL,
I don't mind that he is all for his son I would be the first person to say his child comes before anything as with my own kids they come before anything it just the relations ship he has with her without the child being there , they don't have a great relationship they argue a lot and then other days they are like best friends which is fine i will give u an example of what I mean ,,, we went away for a weekend away from fri to the sun she new we were away and decided to turn up at the pub his mum drinks in and cause an argument and then call him to let him know so the whole weekend he worried about his mum but never said a word to her , I can understand him not wanting to argue with her as she uses her son to get what she wants but that's his mother I would have been fuming if that was my mum and every time I say anything to him about her he just says I'm trying to keep the peace
PUNKEY

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2015 06:45 am
This "ex" seems overly involved with her former in-law family. And your boyfriend and his mum have not established the "stay away" boundaries necessary in a divorce. In other words, she hasn't gotten the message yet. (I bet she completely discounts you as even existing)

So - it's up to your BF to set some boundaries, i.e. the car rides are for the child's welfare only; stay away socially from family; don't call unless it's about the child.

Your BF needs to get a backbone. Sounds like he is not clear about the "boundaries" either. This is going to go on forever unless he mans up and gets divorced enough to even have a relationship with you.

Let me guess: he was raised by a single mom, huh?

Jamjam1982

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2015 08:33 am
@PUNKEY,
Oh she acts as if I exist she constantly called me when she couldn't get her own way with him wanting me to get him to do what she wanted I even got abuse from her on Xmas day while I was sitting opening presents with my kids , I have told him he needs to stand up to her and say no but he doesn't and when I say anything to him he says I have to get off his case and that he will deal with it but never does anyway thank you for your opinion really appreciate it πŸ˜€
FOUND SOUL

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2015 02:51 pm
@Jamjam1982,
I am wondering what type of nature his Mother has? Controlling maybe? She's the Boss?

Your boyfriend can't let go of being told what to do, yet likes his peaceful relationship with you. But, for how long.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2015 05:03 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
FOUND SOUL wrote:

I bought my ex a motor bike, . . .

Got room for another ex in your life?
CalamityJane

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2015 05:08 pm
You are what they call "sugar mama".
Get your car back and spend your money on something more useful.
Good luck!
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2015 07:38 pm
@Jamjam1982,
The cars in your name, and you pay the insurance. So if your boyfriend has an accident while driving his ex and child around, guess who's liable and can be sued. Hint, it won't be him. In fact, he, the ex and the child can sue you for damages.

You only know this man for six months, do you want to held financially accountable for the rest of your life if he makes a blunder? I hope it never happens, but I only have my name on cars under my control.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2015 12:43 am
@roger,
Smile Might be hard, we haven't dated yet Wink
roger

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2015 12:54 am
@FOUND SOUL,
There is that.
0 Replies

Jamjam1982

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2015 11:10 am
@glitterbag,
The car is in my name and I did pay the first months insurance on it and help it pay the insurance other times too but he is the one insured to drive it I just paid the money out ,even as I type this I know how bad all this sounds everyone telling me I'm too nice and too laid back cause I never saw a problem with it until someone pointed it all out to me I don't really get annoyed about things that often I see relationships different from other people I guess It is just starting to bug me now cause everyone says he is taking advantage of me I am a genuinely nice person and I would do anything for anyone even strangers and probably even his ex if she asked me nicely lol
glitterbag

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2015 11:15 am
@Jamjam1982,
Well, then you don't have a problem.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2015 11:15 am
@Jamjam1982,
You bought a car for him to use. You help with insurance costs. You give him gas money.

He uses the vehicle to drive his former wife around.

Hopefully there's excellent sex in this for you - or something else of great value.

Sounds like he and his former wife are getting a great deal from him knowing you.
0 Replies