CHENEY USES THE "F"WORD IN THE SENATE! proves his guilt???!

Col Man

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 07:45 pm
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/040624/325/ewnf8.html
check this out Laughing
ooooo Laughing does this show cheney is rattled about something Question
trying to hide his guilt Question now he knows that the truth is coming out about him and haliburton Question
should him and dubya and rumsfeld and horowitz be tried for their crimes against humanity? :wink:
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,685 • Replies: 73
No top replies

Col Man

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 02:03 am
c'mon people..... someone take the bait Wink
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 05:23 am
Quote:
But when the exchange occurred between Leahy and Cheney, the Senate was not in session so there was technically no foul.

Big f*****g deal. Wasn't there any more important news for Reuters to report that day!
0 Replies

Locke15

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 05:27 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Quote:
But when the exchange occurred between Leahy and Cheney, the Senate was not in session so there was technically no foul.

Big f*****g deal. Wasn't there any more important news for Reuters to report that day!

It was worth a small laugh, but thats all it really doesnt matter we aren't grade 2 any longer, but Cheney shouldn't make it a habit its bad for his health to get worked up, and he cant risk it.
0 Replies

L R R Hood

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 05:57 am
I don't think that proves anything other than the fact that he ha a hard time handling himself, which is enough to make me lose respect.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 06:02 am
L.R.R.Hood- I dunno. He has been under a lot of pressure. I understand what you are implying, but, IMO, the entire incident is a tempest in a teapot.

I would suspect that many high level officials have used the "f" word, from time to time. The difference was, is that it wasn't reported.

I am not defending Cheney. I just don't think that the whole incident is such a big deal.
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 07:58 am
Jesus Christ, what is all the fuss concerning ****. Or should I say: the f-word. We are no babies anymore, right?
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 07:59 am
Oh my God. It is censored. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Harper

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 08:52 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
L.R.R.Hood- I dunno. He has been under a lot of pressure. I understand what you are implying, but, IMO, the entire incident is a tempest in a teapot.

I would suspect that many high level officials have used the "f" word, from time to time. The difference was, is that it wasn't reported.

I am not defending Cheney. I just don't think that the whole incident is such a big deal.

Its the hypocrisy of it all. The Administration has led the charge to stop broadcasters from uttering everyday words like asshole and chastized Kerry recently for using the F-word.
0 Replies

the reincarnation of suzy

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 01:46 pm
Thank you Harper! I was just going to mention that very thing!!! When Kerry said it, it was sure a big deal! Although when Kerry said it, wasn't that in a situation where a word like that would be considered by most to be less "shocking"?
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 05:07 pm
L.RR.Hood looks just like my son.
But that's not what I'm here to say. Who was it on T.V. that expressed fear that Cheney's current difficulties might give him a heart attack? He gasped that Bush would then become president.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 08:00 pm
Don't forget Kerry's auspicious use of the F word on national TV. Cheney was niether on TV or on the radio and he was in the presence of adults. The Senate was not in session at the time so no rules were broken. What Phoenix said.....there must be something more substantive in the news today.
0 Replies

ROONE SAID

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 08:31 pm
Senator Leahy had it coming. He and the Dems spent a whole week falsely accusing Cheney of getting no-bid contracts for Haliburton, his old company. Then he has the gall to walk up to him at the picture session and pretend to be his friend. I don't blame Cheney at all for giving him a piece of his mind.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 08:51 pm
Welcome to A2K Roone Said. I actually don't support the use of the F word in polite company, but you are right that Leahy had it coming. He was actually baiting Cheney about Halluburton that prompted Cheney's response at the time.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 08:56 pm
actually I took Cheney's comment in a very positive light as in "hey, I hope you get laid soon" which is pretty near as friendly a comment as one can make. althugh I do question the above comment that Cheney was in the company of adults (he was in the Senate).
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 09:08 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
you are right that Leahy had it coming. He was actually baiting Cheney about Halluburton that prompted Cheney's response at the time.

Course with that kind of logic ("he was baiting me"), we'll soon have Bush and Kerry telling each other to go **** themselves soon.

Which could be quite refreshing, I suppose.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 10:40 pm
I would enjoy it. Smile
0 Replies

buffytheslayer

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 10:53 pm
Cheney is a putz. Here's why.

Cheney claims Leahey publicly questioned his integrity, then wanted to play nicey nice in private. So Cheney went billy bad ass on him and said F off.

Then, he goes on FAUX NEWS and said it made him feel better but would not confirm dropping the F bomb.

If Cheney was the in your face I mean business brave man he pretends to be, truly mortified over having his integrity questioned ... he wouldn't show up a day later and lie about what he actually said. Cheney should have said I was pissed, I lost my cool, **** happens.

But back to the real heart of the matter. Cheney and Bush both are spiraling out of control.

Politics are hardball; if you can't run with the Big Dawgs, get off the porch.

Leahey questioned Cheney's integrity in public. Ok. Leahey challenged Cheney on his freaking lies about Saddam and Osama.

The event in which Cheney dropped the F bomb was an informal class photo. Seems to me Leahey was merely be civil and polite. But Cheney with the guilty conscience has an axe to grind. And showed how uncouth he really is.

In the meantime, Bush is acting like a 14 yr old boy in an interview with an Irish reporter that lasted 10 whole minutes. Bush was petulant and arrogant and kept mimicking Ross Perot with let me finish, let me finish, can I finish, stop interrupting me...

Despite the fact that the Irish reporter was fairly demure, wasn't really interrupting him, and was asking relevant questions.

Like, where are those WMD?

Bush reached a point where he closed his eyes, sighed in disgust, and said can I finish, will you let me finish... for what seemed like the umpteenth time. Bush did this eye closing sigh of disgust twice.

C-Span and C-Span 2 have been airing the Bush Irish interview in its entirety, it is quite the spectacle compared to Clinton's stellar interview on Larry King Live about all things national and world events.

Bush and Cheney are both in need of a serious attitude adjustment. They're both in for a real comeuppance on Nov 2.
0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 11:44 pm
i don't think this was a big deal either Very Happy just thought it would get a heated political debate thread running Smile and its worked Smile
i noticed all the political charge at the moment in the usa..seems like its a new phenomenon to me...
i never knew the usa so heated up Smile
hey does anyone have a link of a url to when kerry used the f word Question and... i know its no big deal... but id like to see it never the less Smile
brightens up an otherwise dull day in england Very Happy
and i like the joke 'we know that they got WMDs...look here's the receipt Laughing
man... why can't we all be nice to one another Question
i suppose if we were life would get boring...... :wink:
0 Replies

buffytheslayer

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 11:59 pm
They all curse. No big deal to me. Social aptitude, that's my concern. When and when not to lose your cool and curse.
0 Replies