That Guy Christie Again...NJ voters disapprove of him.

Reply Tue 14 Apr, 2015 06:10 am
TRENTON — Sixty-nine percent of New Jersey's registered voters think Gov. Christie would not make a good president, according to the latest Rutgers-Eagleton Poll, a 10-point increase since aFebruary poll.

Only 6 percent of voters say Christie's chances of landing the GOP nomination have improved, with 44 percent saying they've worsened and 46 percent saying they're about the same.

In part, this may because Christie doesn't fit with voters' ideas of who is "presidential." Some 58 percent of voters say "presidential" does not describe Christie "at all." Meanwhile, 28 percent said they think it describes the governor "somewhat well" while just 10 percent say it describes him "very well."

More here:

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2015/04/almost_70_percent_of_new_jersey_voters_think_chris.html?ath=e4c10c8334a117b0a73baa73ae10d529#cmpid=nsltr_strybutton

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 16 • Views: 4,257 • Replies: 72

revelette2

Reply Tue 14 Apr, 2015 09:26 am
@Frank Apisa,
I still haven't gotten over him telling that guy to sit down and shut up. Who wants a president like that?
Sturgis

Reply Tue 14 Apr, 2015 01:05 pm
@Frank Apisa,
People have known been to change their opinion. Think back a few years to a time when former NYC Mayor Rudy Giuliani was considering a presidential run. For a time he was at the top of the list for candidates people would vote for. By the time the primaries got going, he was not any longer the front runner. Things got so bad that he took ill on one of his campaign tours (I believe he was out in Missouri at the time).

Regarding the poll, it's Jersey based which gives the bias of residents of the Garden State. These people know him a bit better than the folks in downtown Bemidji so they have a better handle on how non-presidential he is. Then again, they did reelect him as Governor.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 14 Apr, 2015 01:16 pm
@revelette2,
He is one of the rudest politicians I've ever seen work.

I know we people from New Jersey get a bad rap in the courtesy department...but I think the people of our state are as reasonable and courteous as the people from other states. Christie is an exception...a bully.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 14 Apr, 2015 01:18 pm
@Sturgis,
I am delighted that the people of New Jersey are waking up to this Christie guy, Sturgis.

He is 100% politician...with damn near no regard for our state at all. Everything the man is doing seems to be directed toward what he needs and wants for himself...and his career.

America should feel blessed that they will not be saddled with him as president.
woiyo

Reply Tue 14 Apr, 2015 01:26 pm
@Frank Apisa,
The fine citizens of NJ also voted to elect and re-elect Menendez. So much for polls.

You just do not like politicians who tell the truth.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 14 Apr, 2015 03:36 pm
@woiyo,
Wake up, Woiyo.

58% of voters in New Jersey say the guy is not presidential material.

It's not just me.

He's a jerk...and perhaps that is why you like him.
roger

Reply Tue 14 Apr, 2015 04:39 pm
@Frank Apisa,
If the poll were expanded to New Mexico, I would be part of the 58%
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 05:13 am
@roger,
Good.

I am from New Jersey...and I am part of the 58%!
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 07:56 am
I wouldn't vote for Christie myself, but do note that he evokes many attitudes and behaviors many folks associate with New Jersey. I initially found a pleasant, fresh quality to his remarks and candid, direct reactions to rhetorical assaults, but it wore thin fairly quickly. The intense energy behind some of the political attacks on him from the political left, particularly on the (gasp!) "scandal" behind the traffic tie up on rhe GW Bridge, left me a little bemused by the self - righteous hypocrisy involved.

New Jersey has seen much worse than Christie among its recent Governors. Indeed I believe he has raised the acerage quite a bit.
roger

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 03:03 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

I wouldn't vote for Christie myself, but do note that he evokes many attitudes and behaviors many folks associate with New Jersey. . .

Talk about damning with faint praise.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Fri 17 Apr, 2015 10:59 am
@Frank Apisa,
Well Frank, this JERK, appreciates a politician who can tell me exactly the way he feels on any given subject. I do hope Gov Christie decides to run as he will add to the debate on the Republican side another fresh point of view.

I suspect you and many of the sheep who reside in the Great State of NJ, like you, are not interested in the fresh exchange of ideas and will follow the likes of Menendez and Clinton where ever they take you.
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 17 Apr, 2015 11:03 am
@woiyo,
woiyo wrote:

Well Frank, this JERK, appreciates a politician who can tell me exactly the way he feels on any given subject. I do hope Gov Christie decides to run as he will add to the debate on the Republican side another fresh point of view.

I suspect you and many of the sheep who reside in the Great State of NJ, like you, are not interested in the fresh exchange of ideas and will follow the likes of Menendez and Clinton where ever they take you.

Drink more Kool-Air and calm down.

Christie is a huge (irony intended) phony...and I agree with you that he will add to the debate on the Republican side. Big time...as a matter of fact.

I appreciate your advice on "exchange of ideas" and will consider it about the way I would consider Christie's advice on how to stay trim!
revelette2

Reply Fri 17 Apr, 2015 11:32 am
@Frank Apisa,
I suppose you know, James Keady, the guy who was told to sit down and shut up is running for state office? I mean why couldn't have Christie simply have answered his questions rather than being rude and avoiding the question? I can't really remember, but, has there been some kind of issue with Christie and Hurricane Sandy funds?

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 17 Apr, 2015 11:37 am
@revelette2,
Lots of issues.

I am NOT a Christie fan...and my advice to the nation would be...save yourself lots of heartbreak. This guy is not the person you want sitting in the Oval Office.

But everyone has to make his/her own mind up on questions like this.
revelette2

Reply Fri 17 Apr, 2015 11:45 am
@Frank Apisa,
My point kinda was, there is a difference in telling like it is and just being rude and obnoxious, in my opinion, Christie passed that point some time ago.
roger

Reply Fri 17 Apr, 2015 02:45 pm
@revelette2,
True
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2015 06:47 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:

I know we people from New Jersey get a bad rap in the courtesy department...

Really? I think the word "Road Rage" started near Trenton
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2015 11:57 am
@farmerman,
As I said, we people from New Jersey get a bad rap in the courtesy department. Christie's conduct is not helping.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2015 12:03 pm
They just keep Christie's name out there to sell news space. There's no way in hell the voters like him very much.