Book: 'Michael Moore Is A Big Fat Stupid White Man'

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 09:39 am
You're right! Liberals who are against greedy capitalists should never be allowed to do honest work and earn enough money to live well. It is the best revenge, huh?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 11:10 am
That 1.9 million dollar house would buy how many homes for those poor, out of work people in Flint?

How many homeless people would it feed?

How many guns could Moore buy and destroy?

How many teachers could he fund?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 11:20 am
That's all ridiculous and I believe you know it. Why didn't Gibson donate all the profits from "Passion of the Christ" to the Catholic church (or at least the sect he claims to be a member of). If you'd check Moore's philanthropic endeavors, you'd be embarassed.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 11:23 am
I am merely pointing out that Moore is a lying hypocrite. That's all.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 11:26 am
moore is a closet republican
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 11:28 am
With so many valid qualms to pick with Moore this commentary just descends to his level. Sigh....
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 11:30 am
They can't ascend to his level.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 11:35 am
Lightwizard wrote:
They are can't ascend to his level.

Few people are in a position to do so.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 11:39 am
When you make a living following people around, calling them liars and hypocrites, you open yourself to being researched, and called a liar and a hypocrite.

Glass houses...

Moore earned his money. I can't imagine anyone expecting him to do away with it--but, I'm afraid he's lost the right to criticise 'fat cats' or deride capitalism, as he is living large.

No form of liberal pisses me off more than the Limosine Lib--poor talking, and waxing melodramatic about their destitute days, and championing the poor--while hiding (or downplaying) great wealth. When I hear Kerry talk class warfare (those evil rich with their Satanic tax breaks), while his wife probably zeroes out her taxes through loopholes--and he's rolling in money--makes me ill.

Moore needs to either get rid of his evil money, or shut TF up about capitalism, and wealthy people. You can't have it both ways.

Looking forward to the book. I would have thought the title was awful before--but Al Franken desensitized me to rude titles.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 11:42 am
Sofia wrote:
When you make a living following people around, calling them liars and hypocrites, you open yourself to being researched, and called a liar and a hypocrite.

Glass houses...

Moore earned his money. I can't imagine anyone expecting him to do away with it--but, I'm afraid he's lost the right to criticise 'fat cats' or deride capitalism, as he is living large.

No form of liberal pisses me off more than the Limosine Lib--poor talking, and waxing melodramatic about their destitute days, and championing the poor--while hiding (or downplaying) great wealth. When I hear Kerry talk class warfare (those evil rich with their Satanic tax breaks), while his wife probably zeroes out her taxes through loopholes--and he's rolling in money--makes me ill.

Moore needs to either get rid of his evil money, or shut TF up about capitalism, and wealthy people. You can't have it both ways.

Looking forward to the book. I would have thought the title was awful before--but Al Franken desensitized me to rude titles.

My point much more eloquently stated, Thanks Sofia.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 11:43 am
Re: McGentrix

Huh, thats lame.

You can claim that, if Moore lives nicely, he shouldnt pretend to still be a Flint working class man. Fair enough.

But to claim that he shouldnt be allowed to live nicely, period, cause he's an idealist, is just dumb.

He's an idealist, yeah - and he already expresses that by spending all his time and effort on politics and idealistically motivated documentaries. I mean, whether you agree with them or not, thats what he does. And thats already more than most do. He has no "task" to live in poverty, like Rick said, just cause he's an idealist.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 11:46 am
nimh wrote:
Re: McGentrix

Huh, thats lame.

You can claim that, if Moore lives nicely, he shouldnt pretend to still be a Flint working class man. Fair enough.

But to claim that he shouldnt be allowed to live nicely, period, cause he's an idealist, is just dumb.

He's an idealist, yeah - and he already expresses that by spending all his time and effort on politics and idealistically motivated documentaries. I mean, whether you agree with them or not, thats what he does. And thats already more than most do. He has no "task" to live in poverty, like Rick said, just cause he's an idealist.

Isn't that one of the liberal commandments though? That the wealthy should be stripped of their wealth to be given to the needy? Has that changed all the sudden because one of your own is fluanting his wealth?
0 Replies

JustanObserver

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 11:49 am
For those interested in Moore's response to people who say "Columbine" is full of lies:

Click here:
http://www.michaelmoore.com/words/wackoattacko/
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 11:50 am
That's not the liberal philosophy but it may be some liberal's activism. Where does Moore say the wealthy should be stripped of their money and have it forcefully given to the poor? Where does he "flaunt" his wealth. By owning an apartment close to where he does business -- MIRAMAX is in NYC. You would rather he rent?
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 11:50 am
Well actually, there's a difference between the wealthy who know of what position they live in (that they realize they are rich while the majority of the world lives in poverty), and the ones who don't seem to care and spend like idiots, without ever thinking about the poor. Liberals do not reject wealth; they do reject the abusers of wealth (that is how I see it though).
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 11:53 am
Well stated, Rick.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 11:54 am
Thanks for reposting that link although I don't believe anyone will go there. They don't want to get "infected." They don't have an immunity for their fear.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 11:57 am
Rick d'Israeli wrote:
Well actually, there's a difference between the wealthy who know of what position they live in (that they realize they are rich while the majority of the world lives in poverty), and the ones who don't seem to care and spend like idiots, without ever thinking about the poor. Liberals do not reject wealth; they do reject the abusers of wealth (that is how I see it though).

I live in an area of old money and new money which includes many heirs who never had to work a day in their life to gain their wealth. They aren't liberals. However, in Laguna Beach there is a large faction of at least well-to-do liberals who run one of the tightest ships and uncorrupted city governments I've ever gotten involved in with conservatives working very closely with their liberal counterparts. Not so in Newport Beach where the average home is more like 3M.
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 12:01 pm
Lightwizard wrote:
I live in an area of old money and new money which includes many heirs who never had to work a day in their life to gain their wealth. They aren't liberals.

It depends. I bet there are also a few who care about this world and give away a big amount of their wealth to help the ones who need it (or at least realize they are extremely lucky); though personally I would rather want to become rich by working my butt off than by inherit it from a really rich parent/uncle/aunt etc. (who I don't have by the way).
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 12:03 pm
Incidentally, Bill O'Reilly was just on TV and explained he didn't leave the film for any other reason other than there was a 45 minute delay (to find Leonardo De Caprio a seat cushion -- well, that was funny) in starting the film and he had to make it to another appointment. Who should he encounter in the lobby by Moore who asked him where he was going. He made his apology for having to leave and invited Moore onto the Factor.
0 Replies