Did something happen to the "atheism" thread?

Peter Frouman
  Selected Answer

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2015 08:51 am
@layman,
The topic in question has been restored. There may be some posts in it that cross the line in terms of the level of civility we would like to see here but the topic and most of its thousands of replies should never have been removed.
Ionus

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2015 09:37 am
@Peter Frouman,
Quote:
The topic in question has been restored.
Well THAT just killed this thread...
0 Replies

layman

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2015 09:46 am
@Peter Frouman,
Good work, Pete!
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2015 10:04 am
@Peter Frouman,
Great news, and an indication that there is some sanity left among A2k administrators. That's much appreciated!

Please fire whoever deleted the thread. :-)

And for the posters who dished that Atheism thread here, implying that it deserved to die, SHAME ON YOU.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2015 02:57 pm
@Olivier5,
That thread died long ago. It hasn't been allowed to RIP. But it is beyond reviving.
Olivier5

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2015 04:40 pm
@edgarblythe,
I was happily posting on it only a few weeks back. Just because YOU don't like a certain thread or a certain discussions doesn't mean that others share your views.

I mean, people here pop in a thread, bitch about the thread being crap, and then leave.... What sort of behaviour is that? Just leave alone the threads you don't like. Live and let live.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2015 04:48 pm
@Olivier5,
Quote:
I mean, people here pop in a thread, bitch about the thread being crap, and then leave.... What sort of behaviour is that?

Disrespectful and disruptive with no positive component.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2015 07:04 pm
@Olivier5,
That was a favorite thread of mine before people turned it into an endless battleground of mostly bullshit. I was one of the original followers and have a right to bitch over the hijacking.
Ionus

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2015 10:32 pm
@edgarblythe,
All things die and corrupt, Ed .
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2015 06:16 am
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
I was one of the original followers and have a right to bitch over the hijacking.

Alright, bitch away...

A more productive approach in my view is to stay on the threads you like and keep posting things there. If others annoy you, just put them on ignore. And if you really can't suffer others, then create another thread...

The thread creator left A2K, which explains why it went to the dogs. She was currating that thread, telling people to stop bickering, eg here:

Quote:
Wed 10 Feb, 2010 04:29 pm
Spendi, Fiasco and Setanta - please take it down a notch.

Wed 10 Feb, 2010 04:38 pm
I'm not interested in going back to see who started what.

Wed 10 Feb, 2010 05:03 pm
Oh my God, Setanta. Give me a friggin break.

Wed 10 Feb, 2010 05:13 pm
@Setanta,
So you say. As I have said, I won't go back to check. I just want it to stop. And frankly, I am outraged that you are making me feel badly for asking that it stop.

Wed 10 Feb, 2010 05:21 pm
@fresco,
fresco. stop

Spendius, Setanta - take it elsewhere.

Anf it wasn't easy, evidently... So maybe when a member leaves, a new thread conveener should be nominated, to own the thread and police it a bit?
All these are more productive than just bitching, and more respectful of others than asking for a thread to be pulled down because you happen to not like it anymore...

Not saying you did ask for the thread to be pulled out, but someone did. That someone should have his head examined.
0 Replies