Did something happen to the "atheism" thread?

layman

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2015 08:03 pm
@ossobuco,
Quote:
I may be leaving.

Really? How come? Where ya goin?
ossobuco

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2015 08:12 pm
@layman,
Killing a whole long term thread is a no.

Many have poured their views out on this thread, over many years, one way or another.

Shutting it off, not viewable, is asinine.

ossobuco

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2015 08:13 pm
@layman,
Yes, really.
wmwcjr

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2015 09:17 pm
@ossobuco,
Setanta carries a lot of weight in this forum. Perhaps you should send him a PM to alert him to this disturbing development. I'm serious.
wmwcjr

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2015 09:19 pm
@layman,
ossobuco wrote:
I may be leaving.

If you did, you would be missed. You're one of the very few reasons I haven't left already.
0 Replies

layman

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2015 11:37 pm
@wmwcjr,
Quote:
Perhaps you should send him a PM to alert him to this disturbing development.

If this thread got deleted, chances are it's because he complained about it. He was subjected to some revealing criticism just before it happened, ya know?
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2015 12:02 am
Clearly the Hamsters are removing content, at least on a temporary basis. This is so sad and so stupid. I feels like something important has been lost.
0 Replies

usery

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2015 12:34 am
@layman,
Quote:
He was subjected to some revealing criticism just before it happened

Goodness , what hope is there for this thread?

Chat about atheism and it's antithesis is often risible, let's wait until Monday.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2015 12:41 am
I have no idea what happened to that thread. I don't "carry weight" around here, wmcmjr (or whatever the hell his screen name is) is delusional. I-Anus and Layman (Snood?) making vicious personal remarks does not constitute "revealing" criticism, it just constitutes their normal puerile hatefulness. Apparently, Layman/Snood is also delusional.
layman

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2015 12:49 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
...vicious personal remarks...

Fraid not. The criticisms directed to you were tempered and factual, and were based upon YOUR habit of making "vicious personal remarks" about others.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2015 12:51 am
@layman,
You're Snood? But you are nicer! I am so confused.
layman

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2015 12:53 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
You're Snood? But you are nicer! I am so confused

I have no clue who "Snood" is, Hawkeye. Just intended as another routine slanderous insinuation by Setenta, I guess.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2015 12:58 am
@layman,
Snood is a middled aged retired military black man who can never make up his mind if he wants to be empathetic or throw a punch. He also seems to be a rather dim bulb.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2015 01:01 am
@layman,
That's a lie, but i'm not surprised to see that come from you.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2015 01:02 am
Whackeye is peddling bullshit, as usual. Snood was neither a nasty person, nor a dim bulb. He hated the atheism thread, though.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2015 01:05 am
Somebody else dubbed Layman as Snood in that thread--that's why i put the question mark after it when i posted above. The obsessional attacks on people who are or are thought to be atheists is the reason why i thought it might be true. Calling it slanderous assumes that Snood is a bad person, a person of deserved ill-repute. It's kind of hilarious to see Layman cloak himself in the robes of civil debater and intelligent commentator, and then see him make such a nasty remark, implying that it were slander to compare someone to Snood.
layman

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2015 01:14 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
The obsessional attacks on people who are or are thought to be atheists is the reason why i thought it might be true.

Heh, yet another slander. I have "attacked" no one, and even assuming I did, it wouldn't be because they were atheist. As I have made clear, I happen to be a non-believer.

Quote:
Calling it slanderous assumes that Snood is a bad person, a person of deserved ill-repute

Nice try. As always, you try to distort what people say. I said NOTHING about Snood or his character. I merely made a statement about your supposed intentions, given what Hawkeye had said.

Quote:
I have no clue who "Snood" is, Hawkeye. Just intended as another routine slanderous insinuation by Setenta, I guess
Setanta

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2015 01:21 am
@layman,
None of that horseshit you just posted deserves a "nice try" comment. It is not slander to point out what you do. As for Whackeye (a name someone else bestowed upon him), he has a well-deserved reputation around here for shooting his mouth off without knowing what the hell he's talking about, and making claims without evidence. I'm not surprised to see that you might try to ally yourself with him, though--you'be already teamed up with I-Anus and Coldjoint. People are often, deservedly, although sometimes unfairly, judged by the company they keep
layman

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2015 01:23 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
you'be already teamed up

Not quite sure what "you'be" means, but I think I catch the drift.

"Teamed up?" What the hell is that supposed to mean?

Quote:
People are often, deservedly, .. judged by the company they keep

Would it be fair to conclude that this remark is supposed to reflect negatively on me, and the others you mentioned (Hawkeye, Coldjoint, and Ionus)?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2015 01:26 am
That was a typo. Einstein--look at your keyboard, the "v" and the "b" are adjacent to one another. As for what that means, i'm surprised to learn that English may not be your native language.
0 Replies