I hate my job with a passion uncontested

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2005 05:19 pm
kickycan wrote:
Thanks! Liberation day is just my goofy name for the day that I become vested.

Oh, I thought you were referring to the day they legalized gay marriage in MA. It's only a 3hr drive from you.

Anyway, congrats, man!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2005 06:37 pm
That's it!? You're there?! You didn't get yourself fired?!

I'm so proud of you! The world's your oyster, baby.

'Course, knowing you, it's probably a prairie oyster.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2005 03:10 pm
congratulatations... sorry to hear u hadda work til 7 on a friday, tho...
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 12:10 pm
Good job on hanging in there, Kicky. Now just start making final travel plans - what to pack, how much money to convert, details, details, details and the next few weeks will fly by.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 12:55 pm
Thanks guys!

I didn't realize the downside of making it to this goal of mine would be that I seem to have even more contempt for every person, place and thing in this shithole than I did before! Hahaha...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 02:16 pm
You're vested.

Nothin' matters now. You can simply look at them with unbridled contempt, and then smile.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 02:35 pm
Isn't it sad when they give you a promotion and raise and you it makes you pissed off that you can't be snarky for the next couple of weeks? I feel like whacking someone, but can't. I'm supposed to be happy with my good fortune instead. Bleeeeaaaach!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 03:12 pm
yes, ehBeth, I should be able to, but I still can't seem to make myself do that yet. I think I need practice or something.

I don't know about that, Heeven. Maybe the reason you got the raise and promotion is BECAUSE of your snarky bitchy attitude. I think maybe you should be even more of a rotten SOB, just so they know they made the right decision.
0 Replies

George

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 03:14 pm
kickycan wrote:
...I don't know about that, Heeven. Maybe the reason you got the raise and promotion is BECAUSE of your snarky bitchy attitude. I think maybe you should be even more of a rotten SOB, just so they know they made the right decision.

Sounds like a coupla companies I've worked for, Kicky!
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 03:22 pm
... it's called "fear".
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 03:25 pm
Plus the fact that a manager wanted me at a meeting and I told him I was unavailable from 12 until 2 (I was planning a shopping trip downtown) and he asked me if I was going for an interview. I was silent for a second or two and he yelled "you ARE, aren't you?"

"Of course not" I smiled and batted my eyelashes unconvincingly. "I wouldn't dream of it, I LOVE it here".
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 04:09 pm
i once got a raise bcos the boss thought i was going on an interview... i actually left early bcos i hadda let the refrigerator delivery guys in Smile
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 04:11 pm
it's nice to put the frighteners into them now and again, eh?
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 04:34 pm
i didn't do or say anything -- one of the guys mentioned it to the boss after i left.

there was this ongoing battle between the designers (union) & the engineers (non-union).

it was a big deal to get a spot raise like that; normally we only got annual cost-of-living increases, as dictated by the union contract...
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 06:25 pm
Kickycan I don't know if you have found a new job yet considering this thread was about a year ago - but re your heading "I hate my job uncontested" I am willing to bet you I can contest. I hate the frigging job I have now so effing much I am in a depression - I am not the person I used to be. Its not the place or the ppl - they are lovely, but just the whole work content - shoving books back into shelves that other students used and just chuck there - its the relevance to my field - no relevance at all, its not going to help me get into law practice...darn it, I don't know how I got in and why I can't get out. I just want to work as a law clerk and do law work - actual practice!! I just got another rejection and I am so upset - its sickening!

Sorry everyone... Embarrassed

edit - I did something wrong with the font size and it looked ridiculous.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 06:29 pm
prag, This is the perfectd spot to let off your frustrations. Nobody that matters are the only people hearing your betch'n.
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 06:35 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
prag, This is the perfectd spot to let off your frustrations.

I know. I just got another rejection and was contemplating putting up a site saying I hate my current job and I did some searching around because I feel like such a fool if I put up a site someone else had already done - I'm so glad I stumbled upon here and can swear my head off and ppl will understand.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 25 May, 2005 11:30 am
Yeah, go for it! Trust me, you have found your people here.

And I'm telling you, I hate my job more than you do, trust me.

With me, it's the job and the people. I feel like my soul is being sucked out slowly but surely each and everyday I'm here, and I too am not the person I used to be.

Actually the last few days I've started to feel a teensy bit better about it--I haven't flown off the handle or gone into a vulgarity-laden outburst in at least a week or so--but that is probably just because it has finally slowed down a little bit, AND IM GOING TO ITALY IN TWO DAYS!!! Yahooo!!!!
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 25 May, 2005 11:33 am
Buon viaggio.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 25 May, 2005 11:39 am
Grazie
0 Replies