I hate my job with a passion uncontested

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 25 Jun, 2005 08:26 pm
When I read of all the posts that reflects dissatisfaction with your jobs, it makes me wonder what made my career so good and satisfying after having struggled through grade school and college.
I barely graduated from high school, but somehow managed to graduate from college in the top 25 percent of my class. Compared to my siblings, that's still not very good. I remember in the seventies when I struggled to find employment for several months, but other than that, my career was filled with challenge and satisfaction. You know that famous saying by Lou Gehrig; I feel the same way. I've been blessed in so many ways.
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Sat 25 Jun, 2005 08:34 pm
Is this crazy? I belive I am going mad, but my ... ughh, I don't know how to say it, wish is just that I was born 100 years ago, in Australia. How easy it was to get jobs then - for girls, espeically. They could be typists or secretaries...all without a uni degree and all without selection criteria and the formal stuff nowadays. And I think I would have just saved up and travelled the world with the money I earned, and die maybe in the 80s. I am a modern person, but I don't think I would have had any interest in knowing what the world was like today.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 25 Jun, 2005 08:57 pm
Shoot, I did just that here in the US in the early '80s, pragmatic. Lots of easy jobs, no degree required. Never earned enough to travel the world, though.

(It FEELS like 100 years ago, though. Wink)
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Sat 25 Jun, 2005 08:58 pm
Eva wrote:
Shoot, I did just that here in the US in the early '80s, pragmatic. Lots of easy jobs, no degree required. Never earned enough to travel the world, though.

The 60s would have been ok for me as well -- anything but the 90s. Getting a job you liked was easy. Now - just getting a job is difficult.

I think I was born at the wrong time of life. Confused
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 25 Jun, 2005 09:00 pm
prag, The world is a wonderous place; most people are kind and generous. I will never tire of traveling.
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Sat 25 Jun, 2005 09:02 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Most people are kind and generous.

I know I know. you are one shining example. Very Happy
0 Replies