Patches

Mon 23 Mar, 2015 09:07 am
Photograph of the Spirit of God (Holy Spirit).

The Holy Spirit is God, the third person of the Holy Trinity.

These photographs have been a mystery to mankind for decades.

Please notice how these "supernatural orbs" look exactly like the Halo.

http://www.hauntedhovel.com/images/orb9.jpg
http://blogs.reuters.com/faithworld/files/2014/01/halo.jpg

The Halo can be seen in scripture as the Spirit of God alighting and remaining upon Jesus.

Mathew 3:16. When He had been baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water, and behold, the heavens were opened to Him, and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting upon Him.

John 1:32. John testified saying, "I have seen the Spirit descending as a dove out of heaven, and He remained upon Him.

The Spirit of God alighting and remaining upon Jesus appeared as a Halo.

My thoughts on the Halo

The Spirit of God appears to be revealing to us through the Halo that He is the breathe of life given to all mankind in the very beginning by God.

Genesis 2:7. And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breathe of life; and man became a living being.

The term "Spirit" translates the Hebrew word ruah which in it's primary sense, means breathe, air, wind.

The breathe of life went into man's nostrils and is located over and throughout the brain giving us life. Hence, the Halo is over the head, representing the Spirit of God giving us life in this world. The breathe of life is connected to our spirits by the silver cord. When the silver cord is loosed, we are cut off from the breathe of life, the brain dies, we become disconnected from our bodies, and are no longer part of this visible world.

Ecclesiastes 12:6-7. Remember your Creator before the silver cord is loosed, Or the golden bowl broken, Or the pitcher shattered at the fountain, Or the wheel broken at the well. Then the dust will return to the earth as it was, And the spirit will return to God who gave it.

The Halo would be the Spirit of God's rightful place in revealing to us that He is the breathe of life given to all mankind in the very beginning by God and thus the Halo does not have to be limited to Christianity.

John 3:16. For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 13 • Views: 60,818 • Replies: 1,617
Topic Closed

Smileyrius

Mon 23 Mar, 2015 11:08 am
@Patches,
what is a halo? I haven't read about them in scripture
Patches

Mon 23 Mar, 2015 12:07 pm
@Smileyrius,
The word Halo is not found in scripture. But, the Halo is described in scripture as the Spirit of God alighting and remaining upon Jesus.

Mathew 3:16. When He had been baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water, and behold, the heavens were opened to Him, and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting upon Him.

John 1:32. John 1:32. John testified saying, "I have seen the Spirit descending as a dove out of heaven, and He remained upon Him."

The Spirit of God alighting and remaining upon Jesus appeared as a Halo.
Smileyrius

Mon 23 Mar, 2015 03:50 pm
@Patches,
Quote:
the Halo is described in scripture as the Spirit of God alighting and remaining upon Jesus.

except it didn't.

The word that your translation enlists as "alighting" is erchomai (ἔρχομαι) which literally means "to come", and bears no reference to light in any way.

When bypassing translation bias, I do not see support for the expression of a halo.
neologist

Mon 23 Mar, 2015 04:29 pm
@Patches,
I noticed also that the word 'trinity' does not appear in the Bible. Could that be because it is a God dishonoring doctrine that has its origin in the false religions of Babylon?

Just askin'
Patches

Mon 23 Mar, 2015 09:34 pm
@Smileyrius,
According to Catholic Information, "the Halo is symbolic of divinity and supreme power. Divinity means of, or, pertaining to God. The Holy Spirit is God, the third person of the Holy Trinity.
Patches

Mon 23 Mar, 2015 09:46 pm
@neologist,
The Holy Trinity is three separate persons in one godhead.

1 John 5:7. For there are three that bear witness in witness: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one.

Whoever taught you other than this is teaching you falsely.
0 Replies

neologist

Mon 23 Mar, 2015 10:26 pm
@Patches,
And we should follow the Catholic teachings because:
The Crusades?
The Inquisition?
The Nazi Catholic Concordat?

But tell us:
To whom did Jesus pray?
Who resurrected Jesus?

neologist

Tue 24 Mar, 2015 12:44 am
@Patches,
Here's the halo of Krishna:
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSB77Hl94VPGhrvU-C4_UN13BSkY21MxjuKaG_lU8MM1jI5kllpzg

Look Familiar?

How about this one?

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Sb1JJF1zUgo/mqdefault.jpg
Smileyrius

Tue 24 Mar, 2015 01:24 am
@Patches,
I understand that is what you get from Catholic information, but what is it based on? there is nothing in Scripture that seems to support it's existence.
0 Replies

Setanta

Tue 24 Mar, 2015 02:24 am
Oh man . . . if i could just figure out how to make the Brooklyn Bridge appear to be spiritually significant to this joker . . .
FBM

Tue 24 Mar, 2015 03:15 am
@Setanta,
Just airbrush an image of the Virgin Mary on it...
0 Replies

Patches

Tue 24 Mar, 2015 06:04 am
@neologist,
I do not know what those halos represent. I guess you didn't read my thoughts on the Halo in the opening post. The Spirit of God appears to be revealing to us by appearing as a Halo that He is the breathe of life given to all mankind in the very beginning by God and thus the Halo does not have to be limited to Christianity.
0 Replies

Patches

Tue 24 Mar, 2015 06:09 am
@neologist,
You can follow any church you want to...they all believe in the Holy Trinity. Very few people believe as you do.
FBM

Tue 24 Mar, 2015 06:40 am
I'm just an amateur photographer and I produce blurred circles of light on a black background by accident. Just defocus and shoot through a pane of glass. You can get all sorts of interesting patterns. The OP has more information about light diffraction than it does about any god.
neologist

Tue 24 Mar, 2015 11:58 am
@Patches,
Patches wrote:
You can follow any church you want to...they all believe in the Holy Trinity. Very few people believe as you do.
By that argument, how do you rate the release of Barabbas?
Patches

Tue 24 Mar, 2015 01:29 pm
@Setanta,
1 Corinthians 2:13. But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
Patches

Tue 24 Mar, 2015 02:09 pm
@FBM,
I'm not referring to any orbital photo anomaly, reflection, dust, snow or otherwise. I'm referring to the very real supernatural spiritual entity commonly mistaken as a spirit orb or angel orb.

Here is a great number of testimonies of people who have witnessed it with their naked eyes.

http://faceless39.hubpages.com/hub/White-Ball-Of-Light

Bright Orb of the Holy Spirit captured in photos

http://parksmccants.hubpages.com/hub/Orb-of-the-Holy-Spirit-captured-in-photos
Patches

Tue 24 Mar, 2015 02:13 pm
@neologist,
I'm talking about the Holy Trinity and would not even use Barabbas as any bases for comparison.
neologist

Tue 24 Mar, 2015 02:17 pm
@Patches,
But. If as you say:
Patches wrote:
... .The Spirit of God appears to be revealing to us by appearing as a Halo that He is the breathe of life given to all mankind in the very beginning by God and thus the Halo does not have to be limited to Christianity.
Then the halo may be indicative of pagan belief. And, since 'nimbus' does not appear in the Bible, how can you be sure?