Patches

Fri 27 Mar, 2015 08:18 am
@FBM,
All you can think about is money. This has to do with things far greater than money. God gathers you to your friends and family in the afterlife. He makes you a good spirit. Do you realize that If you do not accept God's most generous offer of grace, you will lose all that you love?...your friends and family!
izzythepush

Fri 27 Mar, 2015 09:01 am
@Patches,
Don't bring my family into it you disgusting piece of crap. What's shameful it's charlatans like you ripping off hard working people.

You're beneath contempt, and it didn't take you long to show your true colours.
FBM

Fri 27 Mar, 2015 09:19 am
@Patches,
Patches wrote:

All you can think about is money. This has to do with things far greater than money. God gathers you to your friends and family in the afterlife. He makes you a good spirit. Do you realize that If you do not accept God's most generous offer of grace, you will lose all that you love?...your friends and family!

Horse hockey. I care very little about money. I'm pointing out that the charlatans who sell this sort of **** DO care about money. And gullible people like you are their prey. Wherever there are faith healers, there are poor, ignorant and gullible people forking over handfulls of cash to them. And because of those charlatans, there are people who pray over their sick children until they die, rather than taking them to a genuine doctor. This sort of sick, twisted theology is a disease upon mankind.
Patches

Fri 27 Mar, 2015 09:36 am
@izzythepush,
But it is ok for you to put down my family of Catholics? You are a hypocrite. Also, I'm not a charlatan. And I'm not making one sent on any of this.
Patches

Fri 27 Mar, 2015 09:38 am
@FBM,
I'm merely revealing truths that have been known for thousands of years and are recorded in the bible.
neologist

Fri 27 Mar, 2015 09:41 am
@Patches,
Patches wrote:
And all those people have nothing to can by lying about what they saw.
What of those who have deluded themselves, believing they have a special appointment from God?

It is plain to see you do not have such an appointment. You continue to preach of a heavenly reward when the scriptures reveal the hope for the vast majority of mankind is life on earth.
izzythepush

Fri 27 Mar, 2015 09:46 am
@Patches,
Nobody in my family has ever sodomised a young boy or tortured someone into renouncing there faith. The fact that you're fine with such activity shows what sort of low life cockroach you are.

I didn't say anything about your family, I pointed out the iniquities of an institution, which are still going on. You're worse than a hypocrite, you're a low life piece of crap peddling lies to make a quick buck.

From today's news.

Quote:
A "voyeuristic" Catholic priest who sexually assaulted a teenage boy at a children's home in west London has been jailed for three years.

Anthony McSweeney, 68, abused the 15-year-old while working at Grafton Close Children's Home in Hounslow.

He assaulted the boy with his friend John Stingemore, the manger of the care home, who died before the trial.

As part of his defence, he had said he was too fat to fit a teenager on him.

McSweeney, who has been described as morbidly obese, used the defence when he denied molesting boys between 1979 and 1981.

As well indecent assault, he was also found guilty of three counts of making indecent images of children.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-32086627
FBM

Fri 27 Mar, 2015 09:55 am
@Patches,
Patches wrote:

I'm merely revealing truths that have been known for thousands of years and are recorded in the bible.

Again, horse hockey. I feel sorry for you that you lack even the most basic critical reasoning skills. I feel doubly sorry for the children of people who believe this Bronze Age, fantasy, feel-good myth so intensely that they will pray over their children while they die, rather than seek genuine medical help that could actually save their lives. Study the history of the Bible from a scholarly, historical point of view. I'll bet you anything that you'll see that the myths were propagated for political (power-mongering) gains, rather than blind faith or genuine knowledge (read: evidence).
0 Replies

Patches

Fri 27 Mar, 2015 11:03 am
@neologist,
I would accept the heavenly reward over being earth bound.
Patches

Fri 27 Mar, 2015 11:09 am
@izzythepush,
I never said that I condoned a wrong. I'm not a liar. And I'm not making a quick buck. I am showing proof of God for the salvation of souls.
neologist

Fri 27 Mar, 2015 11:33 am
@Patches,
I can assure you or anyone else of God's purpose for your life on earth: but Revelation 5:10 applies to only a few who, first of all, have an accurate understanding of scripture.
izzythepush

Fri 27 Mar, 2015 01:32 pm
@Patches,
It sounded very much as if you were passing child abuse off as nothing more than a minor indiscretion. The sort of Catholic thinking that says you can abuse as many children as you want as long as you make a deathbed confession.
neologist

Fri 27 Mar, 2015 01:38 pm
@izzythepush,
Catholic belief systems are deeply entrenched, on the one hand, to resist scripture, on the other to resist thinking.
Patches

Fri 27 Mar, 2015 03:08 pm
@neologist,
My understanding of the Holy Spirit is one of my strongest points.
Patches

Fri 27 Mar, 2015 03:12 pm
Worthy Is the Lamb

Revelations 5:10. And have made us kings and priests to our God; And we shall reign on the earth.
0 Replies

neologist

Fri 27 Mar, 2015 03:15 pm
@Patches,
Patches wrote:
My understanding of the Holy Spirit is one of my strongest points.
Paul believed his persecution of Christians to be his strongest point.
Patches

Fri 27 Mar, 2015 03:32 pm
@neologist,
Where in scripture does it say that?
neologist

Fri 27 Mar, 2015 03:38 pm
@Patches,
You don't recall Paul's zealous persecution of Christians?
Patches

Fri 27 Mar, 2015 05:05 pm
@neologist,
Yes, but he would never claim it to be one of his strong points. I would never claim a wrong to be a strong point either.
0 Replies

FBM

Fri 27 Mar, 2015 06:21 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

It sounded very much as if you were passing child abuse off as nothing more than a minor indiscretion. The sort of Catholic thinking that says you can abuse as many children as you want as long as you make a deathbed confession.

The rationalized child abuse isn't limited to Catholicism. There are at least two US states in which parents of children who die during faith healing are protected from prosecution:

United States still too lenient on “faith healing” parents, say children’s rights advocates

US lawmaker defends faith healing loons
0 Replies