Smileyrius

Thu 23 Apr, 2015 12:54 am
@Patches,
Quote:
You just need to believe in the Son of God

is belief all that is required for salvation?
roger

Thu 23 Apr, 2015 12:57 am
I recently started a nice, little thread about a nail file. Not one single reply and this abomination is up to 779 posts? I'm going into therapy.
FBM

Thu 23 Apr, 2015 12:58 am
@roger,
Laughing And nail files are even real.
0 Replies

Patches

Thu 23 Apr, 2015 01:04 am
@FBM,
God's children receive an inheritance upon entering heaven. And if they do well in their lifetimes, they can receive great rewards. You are an intelligent person. I think that you could do well.
Ionus

Thu 23 Apr, 2015 01:05 am
@Patches,
There you go again . Faith is required to believe in God, not photos . You have no faith if you look for proof .
FBM

Thu 23 Apr, 2015 01:08 am
@Patches,
Patches wrote:

God's children receive an inheritance upon entering heaven. And if they do well in their lifetimes, they can receive great rewards. You are an intelligent person. I think that you could do well.

Problem is, my intelligence keeps telling me to ask for evidence that anything just is true or real. If only I weren't so intelligent, religion might fit me better... Wink
Ionus

Thu 23 Apr, 2015 01:12 am
@roger,
Where is it, rogue ? I like nail files . I tried to buy one in the beauty area of the local supermarket . All the women I asked to help me find a nail file couldnt work out if I was a very badly dressed gayman or a straight man who didnt have a wife (no self respecting wife would let me go out dressed like a homeless guy) . You know what ? Still no nail file and my parrot has shredded my arm . Where is the thread, rogue ?

I just noticed you have 2 r's in your name...when did you change it ? Confused
Patches

Thu 23 Apr, 2015 01:15 am
@Smileyrius,
Quote:
is belief all that is required for salvation?

Belief and repentance is part of our faith. I am Catholic and go to confessional at least once a year. When I sin, I try to do some extra good works as well.
FBM

Thu 23 Apr, 2015 01:20 am
But since you know that there's a god, you don't have faith. Problem there as yet unsolved...Your god's not gonna cotton to that very well, according to his alleged word...
Patches

Thu 23 Apr, 2015 01:27 am
@Ionus,
Quote:
There you go again . Faith is required to believe in God, not photos . You have no faith if you look for proof .
You do not need photos nor proof to have faith. Nor will a person lose their faith by looking for or seeing proof. The Apostles who walked and talked to Jesus did not lose their faith, yet they did witness proof, much more than a photograph.
Patches

Thu 23 Apr, 2015 01:33 am
@FBM,
Quote:
If only I weren't so intelligent, religion might fit me better... Wink
I hate to bust your bubble. But you are not that intelligent. Because if you were, you would believe in God.
Patches

Thu 23 Apr, 2015 01:37 am
@FBM,
There were prophets of the Holy Bible who saw and spoke to God. They knew that God was real and had faith.
roger

Thu 23 Apr, 2015 01:42 am
@Ionus,
Well, here it is, in all its neglected glory. http://able2know.org/topic/271915-1

Sadly, I would be very surprised if Kroeger products are available down there, but thanks for asking. As to the name, it has always been roger. At one time, I did petition the PTB for an upper case R, but I suppose that was considered too frivolous to be worth the time.
FBM

Thu 23 Apr, 2015 01:42 am
@Patches,
You're the one who called me intelligent in the first place. I was playing off your post. Rolling Eyes
FBM

Thu 23 Apr, 2015 01:43 am
@Patches,
Patches wrote:

There were prophets of the Holy Bible who saw and spoke to God. They knew that God was real and had faith.

For the umpteenth time, the scripture is the claim, not the evidence. Are you capable of distinguishing between the two?
roger

Thu 23 Apr, 2015 01:44 am
@FBM,
Everyone who's intelligent would always agree with me. That eliminates the vast majority on this forum. Maybe just a half vast majority.
FBM

Thu 23 Apr, 2015 01:51 am
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/DinahFyre/IQ-v-Religion-graph-atheism-3511654-510-289.gif
0 Replies

FBM

Thu 23 Apr, 2015 01:52 am
@roger,
roger wrote:

Everyone who's intelligent would always agree with me. That eliminates the vast majority on this forum. Maybe just a half vast majority.

I can't find any half-vast reason to disagree with that...
0 Replies

Ionus

Thu 23 Apr, 2015 02:52 am
@Patches,
Quote:
Nor will a person lose their faith by looking for or seeing proof.
If you have faith, why are you looking for proof ?
Ionus

Thu 23 Apr, 2015 02:59 am
@roger,
Youre not fooling anyone . I know what's going on ! What have you done with rogue ? How dare you steal an avatar ! I am going to report this to the Police...hang on, I'm gonna have to stop typing for a while...

(phew!) That was close...its getting harder to stay out after escaping.... they know all my favourite spots..the library, tops of tall buildings (you can spit on people Very Happy ), under bridges (nice people there !)...gotta go .