9
   

Senator who spearheaded letter to Iran got $1 Million from Kristol's 'Energency C'tee for Israel'

 
 
Olivier5
 
  1  
Reply Mon 16 Mar, 2015 06:03 am
@revelette2,
That's no warning. The style of the letter is strangely non polemic, purely factual. Obama needs better writers, able to show some teeth. This was an occasion to trash the republicans to no end.
revelette2
 
  3  
Reply Mon 16 Mar, 2015 07:23 am
@Olivier5,
It wouldn't really matter what he said, you find some way to find some to make criticism. Never really known you not to.

I don't really think it was meant as a harsh warning with consequences. Merely a reminder of things they really should have already known about these treaty negotiations work and how their interference could harm those negotiations. The interference being legislation before the negotiations are complete and congress has a chance to debate it before they ratify it and lift the sanctions. If in in fact a deal is reached by the US. Before you say it, I know the deal could be reached with other nations and the sanctions lifted by them.
revelette2
 
  2  
Reply Mon 16 Mar, 2015 09:21 am
@revelette2,
Didn't edit that sentence very well, I usually try to catch my little goof ups before editing time runs out.

Quote:
you find some way to find some to make criticism.
Embarrassed
0 Replies
 
Olivier5
 
  1  
Reply Mon 16 Mar, 2015 10:16 am
@revelette2,
I doesn't matter what I say, you'll always find a way to disagree.

Just genuinely surprised by the tone of the letter. Very bland, neutral, rational to the verge of seeming robotic.
revelette2
 
  3  
Reply Mon 16 Mar, 2015 01:33 pm
@Olivier5,
It is not really worth all this discussion, the letter was sent by a WH staff, forget exactly who, merely to inform them of the ramifications of any congressional actions before the Iran treaty completes the process. It was not a personal rant sent by Obama to congress. I couldn't really imagine Obama doing such a thing in any case, as things go, most of the time, he seems to keep his cool so to speak.
Olivier5
 
  1  
Reply Mon 16 Mar, 2015 01:41 pm
@revelette2,
Quote:
most of the time, he seems to keep his cool so to speak.

Well, that's precisely where I believe his problem is. Politics are not like a discussion between two computers, it's more like a boxing match. You got to have some fire in the belly to survive.
korkamann
 
  2  
Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2015 02:52 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:


Quote:
Revelette wrote:
most of the time, he seems to keep his cool so to speak.


Well, that's precisely where I believe his problem is. Politics are not like a discussion between two computers, it's more like a boxing match. You got to have some fire in the belly to survive.


Sometimes a self-controlled individual at the helm is needed more than "fire in the belly to survive." Heated rhetoric might work for some, depending on the when and the where, not necessarily for everyone. A calm, reasonable demeanor is what many Americans admire in President Obama; he does not make impulsively rash decisions. He takes his time to reason things out.
Olivier5
 
  1  
Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2015 03:23 pm
@korkamann,
That's probably what he reckons he's doing, but to me that's precisely why the repukes haven't learnt to respect him yet. Those guys don't respect reason, mind you. Obama should lose no occasion to humiliate and ridicule them, IMO. And I am not talking of any rash decisions here: it's totally rational and reasonable to ridicule the ridiculous.
korkamann
 
  1  
Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2015 04:03 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

That's probably what he reckon himself he's doing, but to me that's precisely why the repukes haven't learnt to respect him yet. Those guys don't respect reason, mind you. Obama should lose no occasion to humiliate and ridicule them, IMO. And I am not talking of any rash decisions here: it's totally rational and reasonable to ridicule the ridiculous.


Just because the Repukes act contrary to ethical and moral behavior against the Obama administration, is certainly no reason for President Obama to rebel the same way. Do not misread me, I would very much like to rip the Repukes a new a*s*s*hole, especially Cruz, Boehner and McConnell, and in fact would relish their misery, but in the end I would only end up behaving like the jackasses I loathed so very much.
Olivier5
 
  1  
Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2015 04:31 pm
@korkamann,
It's fine to behave gentlemany, but once in a while he should just trash one of these repukes so bad that the others think twice before opening their stupid mouth. Kill the career of the guy who spearheaded this letter to Iran, for instance.

Obama is much smarter than his enemies, and he could easily send them packing if he did not pull his punches so much.
RABEL222
 
  1  
Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2015 04:54 pm
@Olivier5,
A republican respecting anything other than their own opinion. What country are you from? It cant be this one because you seem to know nothing about republicans.
Olivier5
 
  1  
Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2015 05:06 pm
@RABEL222,
I'm French, but I do know that like any man or woman, republicans can fear retribution. I have my qualms about Hillary (too rich, too pro-israeli for my taste) but i certainly hope she will not allow any of this BS under her watch. She will make sure that anyone who fucks up with her office has to pay a hefty political price.
korkamann
 
  1  
Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2015 06:18 pm
@Olivier5,
Quote:

Obama is much smarter than his enemies, and he could easily send them packing if he did not pull his punches so much.


Obama became the first black president, an almost impossible feat in a nation where racism is the DNA of the cultural fabric; I think he's following his instincts, doing what is right for him even though he might not live up to everyone's expectations.
korkamann
 
  1  
Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2015 06:36 pm
@Olivier5,
Quote:

I'm French, but I do know that like any man or woman, republicans can fear retribution. I have my qualms about Hillary (too rich, too pro-israeli for my taste) but i certainly hope she will not allow any of this BS under her watch. She will make sure that anyone who fucks up with her office has to pay a hefty political price.


The Republicans certainly do fear Hillary Clinton. If they did not they would not be bringing up Benghazi and her e-mails from the State Department. Condoleezza Rice and Colin Power (both Repukes) did not go through this scrutiny after they left office of Secretary of State.

All politicians profess their undying love for Israel because they are pursuing the Jewish-American vote and contributions from AIPAC's monetary bounty. Hillary was senator in New York which is heavily Jewish and the financial capital of the world. She had to kowtow to them, but the majority of Jewish Americans vote Democratic. Eric Canton was the only Jewish Republican in the House and he lost his seat. The other Jewish-Americans are Dems. I remember her saying if any country tried to attack Israel she would "annihilate them." I believe this is all politics. No one really know Hillary's true feelings regarding Israel. I don't believe Hillary has any special feelings for anyone with the exception of her husband, daughter and granddaughter. Hillary Clinton is a political animal and very good at it too!
ossobuco
 
  1  
Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2015 06:54 pm
@korkamann,
Thus my thread on her.

She is just to snickedy for me, though I will vote for her if I have to.

There is a bias behind my take, as I can't stand manipulators. This makes politics a web of despair to read about. I'm so glad I decided against a poli sci major.
0 Replies
 
oralloy
 
  -1  
Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2015 05:33 am
@korkamann,
korkamann wrote:
The US must first try to be successful in these talks with Iran and not put Israel's political concerns before that of America.

Israel's political concerns align with America's. Neither country will allow Iran to develop nuclear weapons.


korkamann wrote:
If America is on track and prosperous in these talks then it's in a better position to protect its client state, Israel.

Israel is hardly a client state.


korkamann wrote:
But that's not what bothers Bibi Netanyahu. He's politically exercising and seeking to remain in power by using Israel's powerful influence over the US congress to thwart any progress President Obama might achieve along with his European allies. He is trying to keep the Israeli people in a state of fear and saying he alone is the only one who will keep them safe.

No, Mr. Netanyahu genuinely thinks that the deal with Iran will be a bad move.

I differ with him on this. While I agree that the deal isn't perfect, I think that things will be a lot better with the deal than without.

But Mr. Netanyahu has every right to disagree with me on this or any other matter.


korkamann wrote:
Netanyahu realizes Israel cannot take on Iran alone; it would need the powerful military capability of the US to do so;

Anyone who is familiar with Israel's military capabilities knows that Israel is capable of destroying Iran's illegal nuclear weapons program.


korkamann wrote:
therefore, Israel would want the US to go to war with Iran.

Israel is perfectly willing to go to war with Iran by themselves. They just are being pressured not to do so.

Nonsense like your above comment is likely to be counterproductive to Mr. Obama's goal of convincing Israel not to attack Iran.


korkamann wrote:
That is a No-No!

If there is no other way to prevent Iran from developing nuclear weapons, Mr. Obama will order the bombing of Iran himself.
0 Replies
 
oralloy
 
  -1  
Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2015 05:33 am
@Moment-in-Time,
Moment-in-Time wrote:
This is one of the reasons Muslims hate Americans so....because of the double standard of justice.

No, Muslims hate the US because of our freedom and democracy. (That's also the reason why Liberals hate the US.)

There is no double standard.


Moment-in-Time wrote:
I don't want to wait until the Latinos, the fastest growing minority demographic take over within a couple of decades;

You do realize that a Latino majority will be happy to vote for Republicans?
0 Replies
 
oralloy
 
  -1  
Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2015 05:34 am
@Moment-in-Time,
Moment-in-Time wrote:
If by some unforeseen misfortune Hillary Clinton is not elected president of the US and to the American people's misfortune a Republican is elected, we will be in a war with Iran and an expanded war in the middle east.

You're ignoring the fact that Mr. Obama is willing to bomb Iran if there is no other way to stop their illegal nuclear weapons program.

And the misfortune facing the Democratic Party in 2016 is easy to see. It's all a result of the 2013 gun control debacle.
0 Replies
 
Olivier5
 
  1  
Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2015 05:51 am
@korkamann,
Quote:
I think he's following his instincts, doing what is right for him even though he might not live up to everyone's expectations.

No doubt that I'm playing the armchair president here, but I do think he needs a more aggressive stance. His calculation could be that the more foolish the repukes behave, the better for him, but he's in effect allowing his office to be disminished in stature by not lashing back at the clowns.
0 Replies
 
revelette2
 
  1  
Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2015 06:35 am
@korkamann,
I agree with you and other here who expressed their views on Hillary, but, in the end, I would rather she gets it than any of the republicans I have seen thus far.

If any people get fire in their bellies as Oliver puts it, I hope it is the voting independents who lean left and the democrats when elections come around. We all just seem so passive compared republican/conservative supporters.
 

Related Topics

Obama '08? - Discussion by sozobe
Let's get rid of the Electoral College - Discussion by Robert Gentel
McCain's VP: - Discussion by Cycloptichorn
Food Stamp Turkeys - Discussion by H2O MAN
The 2008 Democrat Convention - Discussion by Lash
McCain is blowing his election chances. - Discussion by McGentrix
Snowdon is a dummy - Discussion by cicerone imposter
GAFFNEY: Whose side is Obama on? - Discussion by gungasnake
 
Copyright © 2022 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 07/01/2022 at 07:43:09