Where do you stand on the vaccination controversy?

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2015 07:08 pm
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/p843x403/10920905_885655601455804_6143189537512076230_n.jpg?oh=dd48f60c35a571e656f876c6ccdb656d&oe=558704CD&__gda__=1435701035_b40f5e38cb37f45ccd5efd2e5737a2ba

Please discuss.

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2015 07:09 pm
I believe the old policy of vaccinating people, unless there is a good reason to make an exception.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2015 07:26 pm
I am for them, to date, by far, in general, but not every vaccine will be the ultimate. When I was born was not all that long from Fleming figuring out penicillin. I get it that some are less good than others and there are side effects for some, being worked out. By now, very worked out.

I do decry all you vaccination fearers picking up any nasty bodies in the un-vaccinated deserts, so you can move around and infect the other non vaxed.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2015 07:28 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Jonathan Salk would turn in his grave in today's world. We are heading in the wrong direction. Jimmy Kimmel even gets into the act - good for him!!
He's saying that parents are more afraid of gluten than small pox.

ossobuco

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2015 07:29 pm
@CalamityJane,
I almost applied there (other stuff going on).
0 Replies

cnacram

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2015 08:54 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
There are so many reasons, concerns, etc... why vaccination is needed these days.
We no longer live this life the way it was originally created.
FBM

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2015 09:21 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
I have a close friend who refused to give his daughter the full schedule of vaccines because he just vaguely thought that there were too many given at the same time. We had a BBQ one night and another friend and I grilled him (ha) for at least an hour, trying to convince him that the science was solid. I don't know what he ever did about vaccinating, but it was jaw-dropping to find out that a reasonably well-educated adult would even consider not getting his child the full schedule.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 19 Mar, 2015 07:31 am
The kicker is that this isn't a controversy, any more than whether gravity exists is a controversy.

I have to say, though, that some of the blame for this nonsense should be laid at the feet of the FTC itself. Currently, drug manufacturers can advertise prescription meds but they have to outline every single possible side effect there is, no matter how rare. We've had direct to consumer advertising since 1997, and are the only nation, other than New Zealand, that allows it. Per Wikipedia, sales of DTC drugs are up about a third.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Direct-to-consumer_advertising

See also: http://www.minnesotamedicine.com/Past-Issues/Past-Issues-2010/March-2010/Clinical-Jisu-March-2010

Quote from that article ^
Quote:
The growth of DTC advertising has been driven by structural changes in the health care market, especially the adoption of managed care. For example, health maintenance organizations usually prefer cheaper generic drugs to more expensive name-brand ones, thereby limiting pharmaceutical companies’ ability to influence physicians through traditional marketing tools. In an attempt to regain control of the retail prescription drug market, companies shifted their focus in the late 1990s from direct-to-physician to DTC marketing. The DTC ad spending boom has also been linked to increased consumer awareness and interest in prescription drug advertising.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Thu 19 Mar, 2015 07:38 am
@cnacram,
Quote:

We no longer live this life the way it was originally created.

Humans weren't created to live beyond the age of 40. And human children weren't created with a almost 100% chance of surviving until they reach adulthood.

I like our modern way of life much better than the original one.
FBM

Reply Thu 19 Mar, 2015 08:01 am
@maxdancona,
When you say "weren't created," are you talking about a divine creation or natural selection? Something else, maybe?
maxdancona

Reply Thu 19 Mar, 2015 08:28 am
@FBM,
Ask Cnacram. I was responding to her post. You can take it any way you want.
FBM

Reply Thu 19 Mar, 2015 08:26 pm
@maxdancona,
OK, I see it now. Gracias.
0 Replies

carloslebaron

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2015 07:50 am
Vaccinations started in Asia around 16th Century. They got into Europe two centuries later.

So far, we have 500 years performing this administration of vaccines with little dangerous effects for humans, and on the contrary, it has been hundreds percent benefit for humankind.

My opinion is that after the open atmosphere nuclear tests made up to the 70's a negative change in the global environment was caused, and vaccines might be a vehicle of unfavorable reactions in the human body.

It is possible as well, as part of the natural degenerate process of life, that generation after generation a weaker human body won't handle well vaccinations as former generations used to do.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2015 08:01 am
@carloslebaron,
Quote:
My opinion is that after the open atmosphere nuclear tests made up to the 70's a negative change in the global environment was caused, and vaccines might be a vehicle of unfavorable reactions in the human body

So why has human life expectancy gone up since the 1970's, and childhood mortality gone down?
carloslebaron

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2015 09:02 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:

So why has human life expectancy gone up since the 1970's, and childhood mortality gone down?

The rule: lose and gain: longevity thanks to low exposition of radiation and to genetic manipulation of food... on the other hand increasing autism.

http://www.webmd.com/brain/autism/searching-for-answers/autism-rise

Quote:
The number of children diagnosed with autism or related disorders has grown at what many call an alarming rate. In the 1970s and 1980s, about one out of every 2,000 children had autism.

Even when opinions are controversial due to the different interpretations of data, disorders like autism, body flexibility (new generations with greatly capability of contortionism ) , and other conditions are becoming more common.

Also review the records showing that low level of radiation caused survivors of Hiroshima and Nagasaki to a greater longevity than Japanese not exposed at all or greatly exposed to it.

Nuclear explosions in open atmosphere messed up our planet and the living world. When the damage was found out, it was a consensus to stop immediately this kind of tests and do nuclear tests solely underground. Even China and Russia had no other choice but to agree.

0 Replies

FBM

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2015 09:04 pm
Wow. The tinfoil is strong with this one.
CalamityJane

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2015 10:32 pm
@FBM,
No, no, no. that's a solid brick wall
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2015 10:36 pm
Dont vaccinate your kids then they dont get into school and CPS is called to attention. Pretty simple really.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2015 10:51 pm
It is clear to me that one can not support the anti vax movement without calling for the ban on conception by older parents. The effects of age on the incidence of autism and other genetic problems is clear.

BTW we should then also encourage women to have babies as young as possible. Maybe we pay a subsidy to women under 25 to have a kid.
Kolyo

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2015 11:10 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

BTW we should then also encourage women to have babies as young as possible. Maybe we pay a subsidy to women under 25 to have a kid.

Why go after women?

The father's age has more to do with whether autism develops.

https://www.autismspeaks.org/science/science-news/study-ties-dad%E2%80%99s-age-risk-autism-other-mental-disorders-kids