15
   

Where do you stand on the vaccination controversy?

 
 
roger
 
  1  
Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2015 02:07 pm
@Kolyo,
Because men can't have babies at any age?
CalamityJane
 
  3  
Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2015 11:31 am
@roger,
Not if you have read jespah's sci-fi book!
roger
 
  1  
Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2015 03:55 pm
@CalamityJane,
Okay, then, men are sufficiently motivated without a subsidy.
0 Replies
 
Wilso
 
  5  
Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2015 07:21 pm
There is no controversy on vaccinations. Just a lot of fear and misinformation from anti-vaxers.
saab
 
  2  
Reply Sat 28 Mar, 2015 05:48 am
I am for vaccination
Vaccination against smallpox was started by the Swedish church on volontary basis 1800, Bavaria made it obligatory 1807 and not until Mai 1980 smallpox were declared as non existing any more.
That took close to 200 years.
As recently as 1967, the World Health Organization (WHO) estimated that 15 million people contracted the disease and that two million died in that year.


0 Replies
 
hawkeye10
 
  1  
Reply Sat 28 Mar, 2015 01:50 pm
@Wilso,
Wilso wrote:

There is no controversy on vaccinations. Just a lot of fear and misinformation from anti-vaxers.


Laws are a statement on what is considered the norm, and decades ago the laws started to allow parents to not vaccinate their kids. Medical experts have a big problem with that.

There is a controversy, if there were not the laws and the experts would be in agreement.
Setanta
 
  2  
Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2015 02:54 pm
@hawkeye10,
Do you care to give us concrete examples of laws which "allowed" parents to refuse to vaccinate their children? There were no laws, you pathetic bullshit artist. There are just now state legislatures which are enacting laws to require vaccination as a public health measure. Decades ago there were no laws, because there weren't a pack of loons ranting idiotically against what is a sensible public heath measure. Decades ago, FDR started a private sector program to fight polio, which became known as the March of Dimes. That program eventually lead to Salk and Sabin finding an effective vaccine for polio. It's only half-educated, opinionated, superstitious fools like you who oppose vaccines. Whether or not you personally do, the fact of the matter is, it's idiots like you do the chicken little routine about vaccination.

Please show your homework--what legislation was passed to repeal an obligation to vaccinate children--you great braying jackass?
maxdancona
 
  2  
Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2015 08:15 pm
@Setanta,
1) Why can't you disagree with someone without this childish name calling?

2) Why don't you do a simple Google Search before berating someone with childish name calling when in fact he is right and you are wrong?

3) Here is what you would have found if you did a simple Google search.

http://www.ncsl.org/research/health/school-immunization-exemption-state-laws.aspx
hawkeye10
 
  1  
Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2015 08:25 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
In 1855, Massachusetts became the first U.S. state to require vaccination for schoolchildren. At that time, only smallpox vaccine was available. Other states and localities began to pass similar regulations, though the rules were often only spottily enforced.

http://www.historyofvaccines.org/content/articles/vaccination-exemptions

When I started school in 1966 in Illinois the law was clear, vaccinations were not optional. They should not be now.
0 Replies
 
maxdancona
 
  1  
Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2015 08:35 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
STATES WITH RELIGIOUS AND PHILOSOPHICAL EXEMPTIONS FROM SCHOOL IMMUNIZATION REQUIREMENTS
3/3/2015
NCSL RESOURCES
"Calling the Shots," State Legislatures Magazine Article, February 2015
CONTACT
Health Program
All 50 states have legislation requiring specified vaccines for students. Although exemptions vary from state to state, all school immunization laws grant exemptions to children for medical reasons. Almost all states grant religious exemptions for people who have religious beliefs against immunizations. Twenty states allow philosophical exemptions for those who object to immunizations because of personal, moral or other beliefs.
0 Replies
 
Setanta
 
  2  
Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2015 01:52 am
@maxdancona,
Why can't you understand the burden of proof for Whackeye, who shoots his mouth off without knowing what the hell he's talking about? Sure there are states that require vaccination, i didn't say there weren't. Whackeye, however, has alleged that states no long require vaccinations, but has not met the burden of proof i asked of him. He has not provided any evidence that any state has repealed such legislation.

This is from the source which you provided--i have added emphasis:

Quote:
All 50 states have legislation requiring specified vaccines for students. Although exemptions vary from state to state, all school immunization laws grant exemptions to children for medical reasons. Almost all states grant religious exemptions for people who have religious beliefs against immunizations. Twenty states allow philosophical exemptions for those who object to immunizations because of personal, moral or other beliefs.


Whackeye claimed that states had repealed their requirements due to the pressure of some undefined controversy which he alleges has taken place. He has not shown that any state has repealed their vaccination requirements. He hasn't specified what the controversy is. I suggest to you that there is no controversy in the scientific community, and there there is no controversy in the medical community, and that there is no controversy in the public health community.

I swear, the more of your BS i see around here, the less convinced i am that you are any kind of scientist. Typical performance, there, Max . . .
0 Replies
 
Setanta
 
  2  
Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2015 02:08 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
1) Why can't you disagree with someone without this childish name calling?

2) Why don't you do a simple Google Search before berating someone with childish name calling when in fact he is right and you are wrong?


This horsie poop is, by the way, a clear cut example of the fallacy of the enumeration of favorable circumstances. You certainly have not demonstrated either that i can't disagree with someone without "this childish name calling," nor have you paid the least attention to any occasions on which i have disagreed with others without any name calling--fallacy of the enumeration of favorable circumstances. Your burden of proof in that case would be to show that i never disagree with anyone with out "childish name calling." Good luck with that one, bright boy.

Furthermore, he is not right, and i am not wrong. Neither you nor Whackeye have shown that any state had repealed their vaccination laws.

Where did you get a degree in science Max, from a correspondence school? It seems to me that your deployment of logic and reasoning here is not very rigorous.

I wrote:
Please show your homework--what legislation was passed to repeal an obligation to vaccinate children--you great braying jackass? (emphasis added)


Neither you nor Whackeye has met that burden of proof.

maxdancona
 
  1  
Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2015 04:13 am
@Setanta,
Sentanta wrote:
Do you care to give us concrete examples of laws which "allowed" parents to refuse to vaccinate their children?


Facts wrote:

STATES WITH RELIGIOUS AND PHILOSOPHICAL EXEMPTIONS FROM SCHOOL IMMUNIZATION REQUIREMENTS
3/3/2015
NCSL RESOURCES
"Calling the Shots," State Legislatures Magazine Article, February 2015
CONTACT
Health Program
All 50 states have legislation requiring specified vaccines for students. Although exemptions vary from state to state, all school immunization laws grant exemptions to children for medical reasons. Almost all states grant religious exemptions for people who have religious beliefs against immunizations. Twenty states allow philosophical exemptions for those who object to immunizations because of personal, moral or other beliefs.


What really bugs me is the childish name-calling and unprovoked personal attack. These long running vendettas make this site a much worse place for intelligent discussion. It seems like the whole point is to make up offensive names to ostracize other members without even considering if they are right or not. This is like middle school.

Here we have it. Setanta meet facts. As clear as day, you were wrong.

Are you able to admit it? Or are these personal pissing contests more important then facts.

Setanta
 
  2  
Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2015 04:34 am
@maxdancona,
There is no vendetta, no one asked you to stick your nose in this. Whackeye, Mr. Chicken Little, the great drama queen, responded to Wilso's quite reasonable statement that there is no controversy. So i responded to his bullshit, and you had to stick your nose in. Apparently, Mr. Scientist, you were able to make your career without learning reading comprehension, or reasoning, or logic. Once again, i asked for evidence that any state has ever repealed their vaccination laws. Whackeye claimed that "laws" allowed people to refuse vaccinate their children and that theyse laws date back decades--and as usual, he provides no evidence. You have provided no such evidence, Whackeye has provided no such evidence. So don't tell me i'm wrong until you meet the burden of proof. I didn't make up the name Whackeye--i don't even remember who did, but it cracked me up when i saw it, and i'm going to keep on using it.

You crack me up, too, Mr. Scientist. Tell me again how you can drive 396 miles to Rochester, New York in five hours with two stops for food and fuel. You have zero credibility with me.
0 Replies
 
Setanta
 
  2  
Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2015 04:41 am
A quick web search, Mr. Wise Ass Scientist, not only shows that the claim about this vaccine hysteria dating back decades is bullshit, but that several states are considering legislation to end exemptions. If you don't like the way i talk to you, then keep your nasty mouth off me.
0 Replies
 
hawkeye10
 
  1  
Reply Thu 14 May, 2015 12:43 pm
Quote:
State senators have passed a controversial bill aimed at increasing California's school immunization rates.
The bill approved Thursday would prohibit parents from seeking vaccine exemptions for their children because of religious or personal beliefs.

SB277 by Democratic senators Ben Allen of Santa Monica and Richard Pan of Sacramento would make medical waivers available only for children who have health problems, forcing unvaccinated children to be homeschooled.

California would join Mississippi and West Virginia as the only states with such strict requirements if the bill becomes law.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Calif-Senate-Approves-Bill-to-Vaccinate-School-Children-303777831.html

This should be the law of the land.
0 Replies
 
Wilso
 
  1  
Reply Thu 14 May, 2015 08:11 pm
In Australia we have a family payment system (family payments direct to the primary carers - usually mothers - replaced previous tax deductions and rebates that used to be claimed by the primary income earner for dependents). In the Federal budget released last week, family payments will be cancelled for non vaxers. It's called No jab - no pay.
I don't usually agree with our far right wing government, but on this one, they've got my full support.
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

Immortality and Doctor Volkov - Discussion by edgarblythe
Sleep Paralysis - Discussion by Nick Ashley
On the edge and toppling off.... - Discussion by Izzie
Surgery--Again - Discussion by Roberta
PTSD, is it caused by a blow to the head? - Question by Rickoshay75
THE GIRL IS ILL - Discussion by Setanta
 
Copyright © 2019 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 10/23/2019 at 06:25:09