Obama Administration Plans illegal Ban on M855 Ammo

oralloy

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2015 01:44 am

The Obama Administration is planning to decree that M855 ammo for AR-15 rifles has a solid steel core and is armor piercing, even though that is factually untrue, and ban it in violation of US law (to say nothing of the violation to the US Constitution):

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20150213/batfe-to-ban-common-ar-15-ammo

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20150218/your-action-urgently-needed-to-prevent-batfe-from-banning-common-rifle-ammunition

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20150225/urge-your-representative-to-join-congressional-response-to-batfe-ammo-ban

If they are able to get away with doing this with M855 ammo, there will be nothing stopping them from doing the same for all handgun ammo and most hunting rifle ammo.

carloslebaron

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2015 07:50 am
The banning of arms of high caliber by any administration is against the Constitution.

The purpose of the Second Amendment is for "The People" to own arms in order to be used in case the government leaders become dictators.

The People have the right to pull out by force (using arms if necessary) if the political leader abuses of his power. Having arms of high caliber, people have the chance to secure the "balance" in case there is a confrontation between the people and the corrupt administration.

People having the right to keep and bear arms is the warning given to any politician in charge, that his position is at risk if he becomes corrupt. And this is what we saw in several countries throughout world history, when people made revolts against corrupt leaders.

No government administration can stop this right given to The People. The only thing the government must enforce, is to prevent these kind of arms going to the wrong hands, like criminals, people with mental problems, and so forth.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2015 08:02 am
@oralloy,
oralloy

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2015 10:04 am
@Lordyaswas,
There is no way to help you understand why we Americans *insist* on having our freedom.

It's something you either get or you don't.

I just spent the morning dealing with the satellite installer guy. I got sick of the pabulum offered by CNN/MSNBC/Fox, and I expanded my service to include a group of international news channels like France 24 and Euronews. Oddly enough, BBC World News wasn't on offer. But my selection is now much better than before, so that's something.

They wouldn't let me get the international news channels though unless I also subscribed to some sort of cricket channel. That's going to be a waste of $15 a month (I don't comprehend team sports). But at least now I have a 24-hour supply of quality news on my TV. It'll all be worth it next time some part of the world blows up and CNN decides that the only thing newsworthy is the latest Hollywood fashions.
dalehileman

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2015 10:21 am
@oralloy,
I'm more concerned about Barack's effect on Internet

http://able2know.org/topic/269204-1
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2015 10:37 am
@oralloy,
I didn't express any opinion in my post.

I believe that Rich Hall is a fellow American, isn't he?

It would seem that at least one fellow American has an issue with this 2nd Amendment idiocy.

oralloy

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2015 12:46 am
@Lordyaswas,
Lordyaswas wrote:
It would seem that at least one fellow American has an issue with this 2nd Amendment idiocy.

Yes, we do have Freedom Haters here in America.

I'd like to have all the Freedom Haters shipped down to Guantanamo and put in cells alongside the terrorists, but it's not my call unfortunately.
Setanta

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2015 12:57 am
Freedom hater is the term the gun lunatics apply to anyone who doesn't agree 100% with their loopy opinions.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2015 05:05 pm
@oralloy,
Have you packed your suitcase?
0 Replies