Five Reasons No Progressive Should Support Hillary Clinton

korkamann

Reply Wed 20 May, 2015 07:48 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:
LET HILLARY CLINTON WIN!!!!!!!

clearly you have no understanding of the value of competition. The Presidency is not something that should be handed out to the one who is best at doing the backroom deal, which is exactly what happened here.

Oh, but I do, probably far better than you. I know it takes someone with the same political instincts to defeat their opponent. If the corrupt Republicans wanna play dirty, then Hillary will get down in the mud with them!!!! And I will be campaigning for her all the way!!!! This is the world of politics, and the US Presidency is the goal they are all striving for. By any means necessary, politicians will use to attain their prize. In 2000, the most unqualified George W Bush stole the election with the help of shrewd politicians from poor innocent Al Gore. Later a hand count was given in Florida and it gave the election to Gore but it was too late because the dummy president, W, was already on his throne which was really Dick Cheney's seat.
0 Replies

korkamann

Reply Wed 20 May, 2015 08:00 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

Thats certainly the way I feel. I think the Senate is better served with Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren serving in it and the nation benefits, too. At least let Warren serve out a term or even two. I don't want Hillary, but I don't think either the Dems or the Reps will field a candidate Hillary. I am 75% certain I will be voting for Hillary and I won't be happy.

In a perfect world we would all have what we want; unfortunately, we live in an imperfect world and we humans all possess many flaws. I consider myself lucky that McCain and Romney both lost to Obama. We have seen the dark side of the GOP when they shut down the government over foolishness; refuse to create jobs for our badly in need of fixing infrastructure; how they are on their way to slashing all entitlements. How they don't want ObamaCare to help those without insurance. The Republicans despise those "47 percent" of Americans. At least Hillary will be fighting for the middle class because it is with them she has her power! Without her, no one else can possibly defeat the Republicans because these lesser-known Democrats are not that nationally known. Their message would be drowned out by the yelping Republicans.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 20 May, 2015 08:07 pm
@korkamann,
"I am going to get everyone to do what I want no matter how mean and unprincipled I have to be to get it" no longer sings like it used to. America is wising up. Hillary is tied completely to what is wrong with America, she can not be part of the solution, her brain cant get her there.
korkamann

Reply Wed 20 May, 2015 08:25 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

"I am going to get everyone to do what I want no matter how mean and unprincipled I have to be to get it" no longer sings like it used to. America is wising up. Hillary is tied completely to what is wrong with America, she can not be part of the solution, her brain cant get her there.

We now have your opinion. Go in peace.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 20 May, 2015 08:58 pm
@korkamann,
korkamann wrote:

hawkeye10 wrote:

We now have your opinion. Go in peace.

Your comprehension sucks.....that is my readying of Americas opinion.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Wed 20 May, 2015 10:24 pm
@Olivier5,
You mean like the diversity between the republican clowns?
Olivier5

Reply Thu 21 May, 2015 06:09 am
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

You mean like the diversity between the republican clowns?

Are you saying the primaries system is bad?
bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 21 May, 2015 06:10 am
@Olivier5,
Not at all, she's saying the clowns in the Republican primary are bad.
Olivier5

Reply Thu 21 May, 2015 06:16 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Ah okay... I guess that's a surprise to some...?

All i am saying is that too easy a primary would be a curse for Clinton, a big liability rather than an advantage. She could fail to get elected as a result.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 21 May, 2015 06:49 am
@Olivier5,
You could be right. Particularly if the Democratic Party is hugely over estimating Hillary Clinton's appeal.
Olivier5

Reply Thu 21 May, 2015 07:49 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Last time around she was beaten by a total newcomer who's first name was "Barack"... Let's not overestimate her appeal to voters indeed...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 21 May, 2015 08:35 am
I agree with Olivier and Bobsal on the downside re what looks like the dem primary to come.

Nothing anyone posts on this thread will make me prefer Hillary for president. It is imaginable that I may grow to appreciate her virtues more and unpleasant aspects less, but Sanders & Warren are the naturals for me. Plus, there are others who could conceivably get traction if Hillary Clinton isn't crowned as immediately as it seems to be happening; those others seem quite unlikely now, but possible during a bit of a window in time.
I will vote for her and hope she wins, if she is it.
I can see her losing.
parados

Reply Thu 21 May, 2015 09:10 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:
LET HILLARY CLINTON WIN!!!!!!!

clearly you have no understanding of the value of competition. The Presidency is not something that should be handed out to the one who is best at doing the backroom deal, which is exactly what happened here.

So, the GOP isn't competitive?
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 21 May, 2015 09:52 am
@parados,
Quote:
So, the GOP isn't competitive?

The comment reiterated my view that the D party elite have agreed to hand Hillary the nomination. You should now this because I have said at several points that this election is the R's to lose....that they should win. I have also said that Hillary is a terrible candidate, and that so far it does not look like she has improved from her last go.
Olivier5

Reply Thu 21 May, 2015 10:03 am
@ossobuco,
Quote:
I can see her losing.

Me too. She's in urgent need of a decent dem sparring partner to put her into shape and help her test and hone her arguments.
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 21 May, 2015 10:20 am
@Olivier5,
Her argument is just as it was 8 years ago..."I want it and it is my turn so give me!". Her talking the D elite into handing her the nomination is the proof. And ya if she were substantially smarter and a better politician than she is she would not have done that, and she would now be begging good D's to get in the race to spar with her.

Will. Not. Happen.
revelette2

Reply Thu 21 May, 2015 11:00 am
I am not at all worried about Hillary in the general election. I mean look at her main opposition, Rubio and Bush total flakes in comparison.

2016 Presidential Race
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 21 May, 2015 12:16 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Her argument is just as it was 8 years ago..."I want it and it is my turn so give me!".

I think you may have made that up.

But just in case: Can you cite where she has said that?

Quote:
Her talking the D elite into handing her the nomination is the proof.

So you think she talked the D elite into handing her the nomination.

If she could pull that off...she will make a marvelous president...one of the best.

Quote:
And ya if she were substantially smarter and a better politician than she is she would not have done that, and she would now be begging good D's to get in the race to spar with her.

Oh, yeah...that is what a smart politician would do! (Said laughing...and with sarcasm dripping.)

You are living in fantasy land, Hawk.

Quote:
Will. Not. Happen.

On that we agree. She is way too smart for that.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Thu 21 May, 2015 12:20 pm
@revelette2,
You guys elected Bush. TWICE! You SHOULD be worried about the opposition.

revelette2

Reply Thu 21 May, 2015 12:39 pm
@Olivier5,
The first time was debatable, the second, I agree it is almost a mystery except when you consider Kerry wasn't much liked and we democrats really didn't rally too much around him or anyone really at the time. We got what we paid for. I doubt very much democrats sit home in the general election ever again after eight years of Bush and the Iraq war.