Turning The Ballot Box Against Republicans

MontereyJack

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2020 08:52 am
@Baldimo,
What states' rights really means? I'll tell you one thing it means. It was the argument for the Confederacy and a century of segregation and the fight against civil rights legislation that followed in the 60s and 70s.
Baldimo

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2020 10:01 am
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
What states' rights really means? I'll tell you one thing it means. It was the argument for the Confederacy and a century of segregation and the fight against civil rights legislation that followed in the 60s and 70s.

Continue one with your uneducated made up facts, you look more and more like an idiot with each and every post you make. In the mean time, the real meaning and use of the 10th Amendment was used to restrict the power of the Federal govt by placing more power in the hands of the states to make their own laws and regulations. You should really try reading the Federalist and anti-Federalist papers, they would help your complete lack of historical understanding for the Constitution.
MontereyJack

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2020 11:19 am
@Baldimo,
You're being an ahistorical moron. States and te
ights were very explicitly used to justify slavery and segregation. I was involved in the fight against the latter. I know first hand. You do not.
Baldimo

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2020 12:08 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
You're being an ahistorical moron.

Wrong again, you are being a revisionist moron, the 10th Amendment had nothing to do with slavery or segregation and everything to do with keeping the power at the state level and not the federal level, the FF wanted a weak federal govt.

Quote:
States and te
ights were very explicitly used to justify slavery and segregation. I was involved in the fight against the latter. I know first hand. You do not.

That has nothing to do with the founding of the nation and the real purpose of the 10th Amendment, stop with your revisionist lies. People will use anything to justify their BS and hatred, that doesn't mean that was the purpose. You are also the same idiot that thinks the Electoral College was also used to keep black people down and oppressed. You are the fool who is ignorant of real US history, you substitute leftist propaganda instead.
MontereyJack

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2020 12:33 pm
@Baldimo,
History is what real people actually do not what somebody thinks they might do. And that is what statesrights actually played out on the ground as, the prop for slavery and segregation. You're talking about what the FFs might have wanted. I'm talking about what they actually got.
MontereyJack

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2020 12:35 pm
@Baldimo,
And how the concept was most famously used.
MontereyJack

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2020 02:58 pm
@MontereyJack,
And whoever said that about the ECif anyone actually did it wasn't me
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2020 03:09 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
History is what real people actually do not what somebody thinks they might do. And that is what statesrights actually played out on the ground as, the prop for slavery and segregation. You're talking about what the FFs might have wanted. I'm talking about what they actually got.

Here's where you went wrong. RedRex/Cobbler tried to make a claim about what someone was doing and said "what about States Rights". When it was pointed out that what was taking place had nothing to do with states rights, you go and change the premise of what we were talking about. You were wrong, admit it.

Quote:
Slew of GOP-led measures would make ballot initiatives more difficult in Arizona
https://tucson.com/news/local/slew-of-gop-led-measures-would-make-ballot-initiatives-more/article_3679148b-d719-5028-ad34-151ba20c1fcf.html

Comment:
Because, because republicans stand for states rights! (cynical)
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2020 03:43 pm
Quote:
Two Illegal Aliens are Charged with Raping Young Girls in Montgomery County, Maryland

Vote Democratic and it happens again and again. 11 years old.
https://bigleaguepolitics.com/two-illegal-aliens-are-charged-with-raping-young-girls-in-montgomery-county-maryland/
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2020 03:54 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Since no one is trying to outlaw pistol grips your question is meaningless. we have repeatedly told you why. Pay attention.

Denying reality doesn't make it go away.

Here are two posts where MontereyJack called for and praised efforts to ban pistol grips on long guns:

http://able2know.org/topic/203766-209#post-5227079

http://able2know.org/topic/355218-2108#post-6598060
coldjoint

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2020 05:55 pm
Quote:
After Attending a Trump Rally, I Realized Democrats Are Not Ready For 2020 I’ve been a Democrat for 20 years. But this experience made me realize how out-of-touch my party is with the country at large.

I believe "out of touch" has been heard before. November should prove it.
Quote:
And the biggest question of all was this: Did I hate Trump so much that I wanted to see my country fail just to spite him and everyone who voted for him?

A new deplorable. Razz
https://gen.medium.com/ive-been-a-democrat-for-20-years-here-s-what-i-experienced-
MontereyJack

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2020 03:57 am
@coldjoint,
And the polls still show trump losing head-to-head matchups with all the democrat front-runners.
http://pollingreport.com
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2020 04:00 am
@coldjoint,
thing is, most sensible people look around and see the country failing under trump already
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2020 04:01 am
@oralloy,
oralloy bullshit. read the posts he cites. he's wrong.
oralloy

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2020 04:25 am
@MontereyJack,
The cites show you clearly praising efforts to outlaw pistol grips on semi-auto rifles.

I don't know why progressives always deny reality, but it doesn't work. Reality is there for all to see.
MontereyJack

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2020 09:17 am
@oralloy,
You're wrong as usual. They don't mention pistol grips no matter what you think they do, because they were condemning weapons, not grips. Your interpretations of what you think people say are purely your own mistaken impressions and misinterpretations you design to further your own opinions, not what they actually say.
MontereyJack

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2020 09:18 am
@oralloy,
Why are conservative debate skills so shoddy?
Baldimo

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2020 09:54 am
@MontereyJack,
Is the Ruger Ranch Rifle on the list of bad guns? If it isn't, then they are targeting guns because of how they look and not how they work, which is exactly what the anti-gun groups are doing.
Baldimo

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2020 09:57 am
@MontereyJack,
It's you who had the problem with debate skills, when you start to lose a debate, you switch the subject or start making personal attacks against the poster.

MontereyJack

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2020 10:13 am
@Baldimo,
gun makers are adept at designing guns that skirt the old assault weapons ban (don't give me **** about definitions of assault weapons. that's what it was known as). Which is why we should just cut to the root and ban semi-auto guns with detachable magazines, which as the videos I've posted several times show, are capable of 100aimed shots in about a minute and a half, pretty much irrespective of magazine size. That's getting into slaughter territory